Listening to Passion - We Fall Down
friendster
As a testament to how nonsensically good friendster is. Some of my primary school friends whom I have been out of touch with for the the 7 years have added me online. Talk about online connectivity.
This one single website has become a clash of civilisations. Its rather hard to explain here, but as more and more people from my various social cicles start adding me, people are beginning to see me in a different way. Is it not wrong to say that we are a different person to different groups of people in order to identify with them?
This website is absolutely crazy. There is so much reflection going on as I look through my friend's friends. As for today, I think only mei would understand what I meant, this given only if I explain to her a little better. Sigh. I can't believe how connected the world is and how close we are to each other by right, mathematical theory is one thing. But seeing the results in its practicality is another.
Oh...Ashley's on friendster...."Yey yey yey yey yey!". If there's one thing good that I did for my friendster profile, it was no never publish my blog address on it. Because you never know who might just end up reading this, providing for another clash of identities and civilisations in personality. I can't imagine if she's reading this now. I'll just die man. One thing is for sure, she won't forget how dorkish a jerk I really am in real life.
This quote is from Michelle's blog: "Leaf's departure was because of Wind's pursuit, or because tree didn't ask her to stay" A extraordinarily complex hypthesis to say the least. I am seriously getting stuck into reading all these very sad stories of longing and waiting for a love that will never never exist and will never happen. Though its just reality-fantasy-fiction, you can just FEEL the emotion written directly into the narration and actually soak yourself in the SADNESS. Words are powerful, but some things even words cannot express.
I cannot express what I feel right now in words. Although at the end of the day communication is the key to life. Sometimes, it isn't possible to communicate given the underlying feelings of deep regrets and sadness that you feel and experience in trying to do so. I'm trying to sound vague and arty-farty here, so please, forgive my nonsensical mind-probing queries of the eccentric kind.
sentry
After the last post I made, It was a wonderful feeling falling asleep at 6a.m and then waking up at noon. Yesterday's night time sentry duty was very quiet and peaceful. Really nothing much. In fact, I would say that it borders on being a very boring and complete waste of my time. But then again, I get to catch up on my issues of Time and Newsweek, something which I can't really do on the boat.
We got one of the guys on the team to drive out and buy food for all the station personnel. In the end, I didn't even eat the food I ordered because the food became cold after a while and there is no microwave open on the base to heat up the food. Most of the time was spent talking to this other reservist guy who was doing sentry and basically we talked from about 10p.m all the way till 3 in the morning. Its amazing what nonsense a reservist can spout and what you can learn from their perspectives on life.
For me, I am a very simple person, as long as I can find a person to talk to, I think that's good enough company for me. Quite amazing that this reservist guy is so well connected with education as well as politics and chatting with him was very much like a GP discussion during classtime in ACJC. If there is one particular skill I have to thank ACS for giving to me, it would be in the manner of clear as well as coherent speech in internationally understood english. ACS Boys are fantastic in english. But we're horrid disasters in the 2nd language. Its "Anglo Minus Chinese School", after all.
I only slept three hours on the floor of the changing room and was constantly being attacked by mosquitoes. It was so bad the reservist gave up on sleeping in the base and went back to do extra duty voluntarily. I just slept even though the mosquitoes were biting me and woke up with ears that felt rather warm, no thanks to the couple of bite that I received on the ears.
Night time sentry is good stuff, I get to leave the base really early, around 9 plus, when the first boat probably reaches the base only at around 10. Add about 1/2 and hour to shut down the boat and stuff and change, earliest for a patrol person to walk out of the base is around 10.30 in the morning. So leaving at 9 plus in the morning is a significant difference.
I didn't get enough sleep, 3 hours is too short, so in the end, I almost missed my bus stop on the way home after dozing off on the bus. But its good to be on shiftwork, sometimes you take the bus and you're the only one in the entire bendy contraption, enjoying the cold air that blasts only for you.
Joline: I've been listening to his songs for the last week or so. I enjoy his piano music seriously. It has alot of mood and this "ethreal feeling" and added touch to it. Like you said, perhaps its the locations where he recorded the music, and that's one of the influencing factors in the standard as well as quality of the musicianship and atmosphere. He is good stuff, piano classical is great. But Jazz will always be my preferred genre of music. HOWEVER! Old Jazz Piano Classical would be the idealistic mixing of both genres that I really enjoy and so far I have only found one jazz pianist worthy of mention: Harry Conncik Jr. His Jazz Piano is SCARY! The beat is so unpredictable you might as well not call it a beat.
Zi-Ming is power I tell you! give him 12 years and he'll be SUPERINTENDENT Teo Zi-Ming. Commander of some entire police division with like 2000 officers under him. Add another 10 years and he'll be like ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER Teo, commander of Special Operations Command or something like that and then perhaps one day, he'll be the head of the Police Force in its entirety. Geoffrey's dad will be so proud of him.
En:I understand what you mean by "a big conspiracy". But I guess in the absence of RJC, most likely the judges will be biased towards ACJC already. After all, we have that "reputation" so usually anything avant garde that we put up will automatically hailed as "a new direction in the development of drama in the local school scene".
Just food for thought. I really wonder why in ACJC, all the narrators for drama plays always SQUEAK in high pitched voices, like they are stressing their vocals to an unnaturally high pitched normally attained only by girl sopranos! Nonsense!
As for the CF people. I have to agree with you that many of them are potential people of power. We could just pluck everyone out from the committee already and they are all achievers in their own right. But as for the grassroots being lost, it is lamentable, but with men and women of God at the helm, we can positively influence the ground. I don't really know how to explain this, but Rom 8:28 comes to mind:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" - Rom 8:28 (KJV)
The ground may be lost now. But the top will one day play a big part in helping to save the ground.
friendster
As a testament to how nonsensically good friendster is. Some of my primary school friends whom I have been out of touch with for the the 7 years have added me online. Talk about online connectivity.
This one single website has become a clash of civilisations. Its rather hard to explain here, but as more and more people from my various social cicles start adding me, people are beginning to see me in a different way. Is it not wrong to say that we are a different person to different groups of people in order to identify with them?
This website is absolutely crazy. There is so much reflection going on as I look through my friend's friends. As for today, I think only mei would understand what I meant, this given only if I explain to her a little better. Sigh. I can't believe how connected the world is and how close we are to each other by right, mathematical theory is one thing. But seeing the results in its practicality is another.
Oh...Ashley's on friendster...."Yey yey yey yey yey!". If there's one thing good that I did for my friendster profile, it was no never publish my blog address on it. Because you never know who might just end up reading this, providing for another clash of identities and civilisations in personality. I can't imagine if she's reading this now. I'll just die man. One thing is for sure, she won't forget how dorkish a jerk I really am in real life.
This quote is from Michelle's blog: "Leaf's departure was because of Wind's pursuit, or because tree didn't ask her to stay" A extraordinarily complex hypthesis to say the least. I am seriously getting stuck into reading all these very sad stories of longing and waiting for a love that will never never exist and will never happen. Though its just reality-fantasy-fiction, you can just FEEL the emotion written directly into the narration and actually soak yourself in the SADNESS. Words are powerful, but some things even words cannot express.
I cannot express what I feel right now in words. Although at the end of the day communication is the key to life. Sometimes, it isn't possible to communicate given the underlying feelings of deep regrets and sadness that you feel and experience in trying to do so. I'm trying to sound vague and arty-farty here, so please, forgive my nonsensical mind-probing queries of the eccentric kind.
sentry
After the last post I made, It was a wonderful feeling falling asleep at 6a.m and then waking up at noon. Yesterday's night time sentry duty was very quiet and peaceful. Really nothing much. In fact, I would say that it borders on being a very boring and complete waste of my time. But then again, I get to catch up on my issues of Time and Newsweek, something which I can't really do on the boat.
We got one of the guys on the team to drive out and buy food for all the station personnel. In the end, I didn't even eat the food I ordered because the food became cold after a while and there is no microwave open on the base to heat up the food. Most of the time was spent talking to this other reservist guy who was doing sentry and basically we talked from about 10p.m all the way till 3 in the morning. Its amazing what nonsense a reservist can spout and what you can learn from their perspectives on life.
For me, I am a very simple person, as long as I can find a person to talk to, I think that's good enough company for me. Quite amazing that this reservist guy is so well connected with education as well as politics and chatting with him was very much like a GP discussion during classtime in ACJC. If there is one particular skill I have to thank ACS for giving to me, it would be in the manner of clear as well as coherent speech in internationally understood english. ACS Boys are fantastic in english. But we're horrid disasters in the 2nd language. Its "Anglo Minus Chinese School", after all.
I only slept three hours on the floor of the changing room and was constantly being attacked by mosquitoes. It was so bad the reservist gave up on sleeping in the base and went back to do extra duty voluntarily. I just slept even though the mosquitoes were biting me and woke up with ears that felt rather warm, no thanks to the couple of bite that I received on the ears.
Night time sentry is good stuff, I get to leave the base really early, around 9 plus, when the first boat probably reaches the base only at around 10. Add about 1/2 and hour to shut down the boat and stuff and change, earliest for a patrol person to walk out of the base is around 10.30 in the morning. So leaving at 9 plus in the morning is a significant difference.
I didn't get enough sleep, 3 hours is too short, so in the end, I almost missed my bus stop on the way home after dozing off on the bus. But its good to be on shiftwork, sometimes you take the bus and you're the only one in the entire bendy contraption, enjoying the cold air that blasts only for you.
Joline: I've been listening to his songs for the last week or so. I enjoy his piano music seriously. It has alot of mood and this "ethreal feeling" and added touch to it. Like you said, perhaps its the locations where he recorded the music, and that's one of the influencing factors in the standard as well as quality of the musicianship and atmosphere. He is good stuff, piano classical is great. But Jazz will always be my preferred genre of music. HOWEVER! Old Jazz Piano Classical would be the idealistic mixing of both genres that I really enjoy and so far I have only found one jazz pianist worthy of mention: Harry Conncik Jr. His Jazz Piano is SCARY! The beat is so unpredictable you might as well not call it a beat.
Zi-Ming is power I tell you! give him 12 years and he'll be SUPERINTENDENT Teo Zi-Ming. Commander of some entire police division with like 2000 officers under him. Add another 10 years and he'll be like ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER Teo, commander of Special Operations Command or something like that and then perhaps one day, he'll be the head of the Police Force in its entirety. Geoffrey's dad will be so proud of him.
En:I understand what you mean by "a big conspiracy". But I guess in the absence of RJC, most likely the judges will be biased towards ACJC already. After all, we have that "reputation" so usually anything avant garde that we put up will automatically hailed as "a new direction in the development of drama in the local school scene".
Just food for thought. I really wonder why in ACJC, all the narrators for drama plays always SQUEAK in high pitched voices, like they are stressing their vocals to an unnaturally high pitched normally attained only by girl sopranos! Nonsense!
As for the CF people. I have to agree with you that many of them are potential people of power. We could just pluck everyone out from the committee already and they are all achievers in their own right. But as for the grassroots being lost, it is lamentable, but with men and women of God at the helm, we can positively influence the ground. I don't really know how to explain this, but Rom 8:28 comes to mind:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" - Rom 8:28 (KJV)
The ground may be lost now. But the top will one day play a big part in helping to save the ground.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home