Thursday, October 16

Listening to Nobuo Uematsu - Rose Theme (Piano)

I just stayed up late to watch A Beautiful Mind on HBO. No choice I guess since it was showing at the 12.50a.m to 3a.m timeslot. It doesn't really matter since I am more of a night person. I enjoy the darkness/blackness of night as opposed to the brightness of day. Nothing sinister, just for practical reasons only.

In many ways, I am similar to John Nash, as he is portrayed in the movie. I do not communicate ideas well, socially, I am quite bad. Plus, I am really eccentric in behavior and queer in thought. Not that I am demeaning myself intentionally for the "sad high", but it is quite obviously me. I talk too much nonsense yet seldom bring forth my ideas clearly as well as coherently, speech-wise.

Nevertheless, the good thing is that although Nash took almost 40 years to recover fully from schizoprenia, he recovered and eventually won the Nobel Prize. I like the way the film portrays him as a truly demented genius harassed by his own demons. And his wife is really ideal material: not many women will stick by such men in very difficult times. Already, couples divorce when they have "no more feelings" for each other. Its very sad what the instituition of marraige has become nowadays. Its very sad to know that at least 1 in 4 couples in Singapore divorce within 5 years, 1 in 10 within 2 years. Fast forward to the future, and just watch the figures skyrocket to those of Taiwan, Australia or the States.

"It is very easy to like someone, but to truly truly love another person, as the bible defines the meaning of love, is really difficult" - Jeremy Loo 2AD2 2002

University applications are up in order. I'll have to submit everything before the end of this month. I certainly hope that my Christmas present from Washington University will be their admittance letter. it is just the first step to a desired path in education. For those who didn't know, try your best to make it to the University of Chicago's Graduate School of Business. The branch is in Singapore and the cert is recognised world-wide as being one of the best MBAs that will really add value to you. Of course the Harvard MBA is still the best.

Oh. I passed my advanced theory of driving. I hardly studied and the best thing was that I took 20 minutes to complete the test, didn't check it, handed it up and ran out of the room. I'll have to get provisionally driving license soon, look for a private instructor and pray hard that before I am 20 I can be driving around in mum's car.

I like the new mitsubishi evolution 9. It is good stuff. But seriously, it is too ah beng for me. I'm not the sort of person to drive a flashy car to a fancy nightclub, dress like a metrosexual yuppie with lots of cash to burn on expensive thirst-inducing "drinks" all for the sake of "increased chances" to hook up with some girl in the club. This is seriously not my kind of thing. I wonder why almost everyone is indulging in the clubs/pubs/bars things. At the end of the day, it really amounts to, and comes up to nothing at all.

Notice one thing. All these young drivers that frequent pubs/clubs/bars love to come in really noisy cars that have the clutch tuned to the extent that when the clutch pedal is fully released, the clutch is still engaged in the "half clutch" position. Notice how all these ah beng drivers like to accelerate and change gears in front of crowds? I mean, what's so cool about listening to the sound of changing gears from a noisy car? Quite silly I think. And all these ah beng drivers like to put fancy rear-spoilers, fluroscent light tubes, xenon headlamps and a really loud stereo that plays trance/dance music with a continuous "boom tsk boom tsk boom tsk boom tsk" sound. How out of point. Worse, these drivers love to speed around and horn as and when they like. Taxi-drivers and ah beng drivers can more or less be considered to be in the same league. I think ah bengs really spoil the image of the car like they sully the brand name of rolex. Thank goodness ah bengs can't buy a brand particular brand of watch that I favor figuring that its name is too hard to pronounce. With "lo-lex" you can't go very far attempting to pronounce the brand names of amongst the most refined watch companies around.

Breguet rocks. I can't wait to wear one on my wrist.

Speaking of watches, I think I'l meet up with T-Squared to join him in his purchase of a new watch this saturday. It also happens to be the ACJC open day. In addition, the class should, theoretically be reuniting for a dinner to just keep in touch. Its been one year and things are still going on well. I didn't learn much in the classroom in ACJC, but I did learn tomes outside of the classroom. How I long to be a student wearing my white and blue again. I really don't mind repeating JC1 and going over to ARTS instead.

comments

To Jolene: Return to the Heart by David Lanz is truly good stuff. I can't seem to get the tune out of my head. Sad Piano songs are the right songs for sad depressed people like me to listen to right now. I like the David Lanz & David Arkenstone The Cello Song very much. Orchestra + Piano = Heavenly music. Thanks for the recommendations. Now if only they had a piano version of the school song for download.

To En: Final Fantasy tunes are beautiful! Its true that they can't keep composing a new song for each scene and that they have to just modify the songs a little bit here and there. But the theme is more or less dwelling on the same thing - sadness, so a litle bit of improvisation of a sad song is good enough I suppose. This tune I am listening to right now is very sad as well. The music of Nobuo Uematsu really transcends all cultures as well as language barriers. Music is a universal language. Sad music is an even more unversally understood language - because we all live in a sad world mirred by small moments of happiness and joy.

To mei: It is possible to know very well, be very close and yet not have any romantic feelings for each other. It just depends from person to person. Some people just willingly dive into romance when they are very close to another person just as part of the process of "friendship" or "developing a relationship". Yet some people like who do not socialise easily, but forge very few very strong bonds and yet have full reign and control over their hearts can probably know another person very well and yet not feel any romantic feelings. But that's just a tiny minority really. In the end, most people are only interested in knowing others for the sake of "developing a relationship" and view the romantic feelings just as part and parcel of the "whole idea". Hard to explain in a few words, but I hope you get my drift.

Its late. I'm going to rest now. Been awake for 22 hours, nicely done I would say. Thank the ultra-sweetened Red Bull a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home