Saturday, October 18

Listening to David Lanz - Angel of Hope

I think Joline has made an excellent recommendation when it comes to New Age Classical Piano songs. I think David Lanz's sad, melancholic, mellowy tunes are just so pleasing to the ear. There is alot of emotion as well as feelings being projected in the music. Sometimes, I really wish I could play the piano. Then I'd just spend my sad moments composing sad songs, to bring forth the sadness into music and thereby "release" it.

I have updated the photos once again with the ACJC Open House photos. Its for those who missed it or are unable to attend. The two shots that I took of the String Ensemble as well as Choir were the hardest to digitally edit since they were taken in the viewing gallery, but I am actually quite happy with myself that I managed to "restore" the original color in the photograph. Thank God that my image editing skills have just taken an improvement.

ACJC Open House

I just walked over to ACJC with my brother and arrived there at around 10.50a.m. I would have gone later, but an old classmate of mine, Aaron, called me and pestered me to come earlier.

So I guess I couldn't pose as some sec 4 kid with Aaron around proposing that we "give some J3 support" instead. So in the end, the poseur role fell onto my brother and he fit into it perfectly. Well, for starters, he really is a sec 4 student at Barker now. Secondly, I am too tall to pose as a sec 4 student. Not that I'm very tall, but it is not realistic that I pass off as one.

So I walked in ACJC and and there were the standard TWO GIRLS in their No.2s that greeted us with the really dry sounding, "Hello! Welcome to ACJC! Please take one!" and promptly pushed the promotional material in our faces. Its still the same old stuff! They just added a couple more flyers inside it! Then there were these 3 student councillors at the 'bridge" and they pushed the time-table schedule into our hands.

I just walked over to the VOID DECK first and only one person recognised me. One of the current J2s in CF. My brother was just enjoying looking at all the girls. He was just plainly staring at most of them. So Instead of going into the main building throught the lobby, we walked the other way round in and just checked out the old canteen first where I met up with Aaron and he just joined us.

Then See Poi was walking around, his usual crazy self, cutting across the performance by the chinese orchestra. I didn't even know we had a chinese orchestra. They were like SO low profile during my time. Then when we walked into the lobby. Patrick Sum was just broadcasting information in his usual falsetto voice. I told my brother that "That guy over there is talking through the mike now". And my brother was like, "Huh? I thought that it was a girl speaking!". Seriously, male sopranos are freaky.

So we walked around the campus and checked out everything from the CCA exhibition to the hub to meeting up with the teachers to watching performances by the drama and dance society. The dance society did a really good dance. It was most probably inspired by Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal MTV dance moves. Really good stuff. The dance guys are much better this year as compared to mine. I think the only guy who could really dance WELL during my year was the dance vice-president, Yu Wei. He is fantastic in the way he transcribes music into bodily movement. And he ddidn't drop the girl.

For my year, they didn't have an open house because the hall, the lobby and a whole slew of other things had not been built yet. It certainly saved us alot of trouble hearing the junior gripe about how time-wasting the whole open-day saga really was.

The drama society people tried to drag me into a viewing of their mime, but I came in by one door and then walked out by the other. Sigh, they aren't any good at this I guess...

Oh. I finally met the famous Michelle Teo in person! VERY interesting to note that she is T-Squared, N-Dru's as well as Aaron's friend! AC family is really connected. She was taking care of the dance society booth as well as being an usher for the drama society's mime. I only ended up watching the mime because she kindly invited me to take a view of it. Quite a nice girl I'd say, one with rather good interpersonal skills. One interesting thing was that Aaron didn't formally introduce me to her, but of course, she's so famous everyone seems to know about her and word gets around really fast who she is and what she looks like.

The other bonus was actually seeing Ashley close up! She's this short girl (no offense!) with goldish hair and a really fair complexion. Not to mention a rather alluring smile, although the word alluring might be too strong here. The three of us were walking around and somehow ended up in the computer lab after visiting the library and Ashley's tour group was inside along with this other student councillor - the also very famous Stella. Interesting to note that they are both very good friends, as well as classmates in ACJC as well as in MGS. See what I mean by "how fast word spreads?". I'm a J3 and this is like "common knowledge" to all. I think Ashley's height makes her look HOT! But I know James, Brother and T-Square would beg to differ. What's wrong with a girl of mixed blood? Isn't it oh so much more exotic?

As a testament to how bad I am in communicating with people, as in, I never find the right words to say and always say the wrong things. Ashley asked, "Hi! Would you like to go for the drama performance?" + BWS (Big White Smile) and then I said one sentence. And she looked away instantly with her smile dying down. I am just SO BAD when I talk to girls. Sigh. More David Lanz please.

They have iMacs and eMacs inside the computer lab now! I remember days in ACJC when the guys in class would just skip Daniel Khor's two period lecture on wednesdays just to go to the computer lab to play games, download songs on KaZaA and surf the web. It was so fun! I mean, I'd rather be caught skipping class in the computer lab than actually going for Daniel Khor's physics lectures, which cannot, can never, confirm can never ever make it. It too, was fun plugging in MDs into the room's resident sound system and then blasting away eminem and Linkin Park. We never got caught. It was like a nearer haven as compared to the cafe all the way at the sportscom.

After the computer lab, we headed to LT4 and somehow, Ashley's "tour group" was there as well. We didn't follow. Aaron and I went to check out if our "words of wisdom" were still on the fold out tables. But alas! They have all but been removed! Looks like the school got someone to scrape off the hardened liquid paper. With knowlege towards "The Art of Drawing on LT Tables", the funniest drawing can still be found on the last row of LT6, 1st table on the left from the center. It shows the esacpe plan out of school. For any current ACJC people who read this, there IS a secret exit out of school as well as entrance. How'd you think so many of us managed to get into ACJC the night before the Fun-O-Rama when all the gates were locked with someone guarding them?

Anyway, the only other notable thing was that there was this huge crowd that swamped this AC Girl giving out the free door gifts - a yellow bouncy yo-yo ball with a smiley face on it as well as the words "ACJC Open House 2003". Aunty Ros told me that the originals would be sold at fundraisings at 2 bucks a piece, just minus the "ACJC Open House 2003" words. Two bucks for that thing that's worth like five cents? But I have to admit the thing looks rather cute and Aunty Ros had a field day bouncing and swinging the yoyo ball and hitting me with it on purpose to much laughter.

One thing of note. Air Rifle is now known as "Shooting Club". The shooting range it seems, is actually located at the TOP of the newly constructed Oldham Wing. The other thing of note is that there is an "L-Shaped Room" in Oldham Wing as well, I think the school is planning to use that space for exhibitions for the "desired effect".

I left the school basically at around 1 plus, when I had finished seeing the String Ensemble and choir perform. The choir is really good. They really deserve the SYF Gold. Once again, i guess this will be my last visit to ACJC for this year. It has been thoroughly entertaining as usual and I always learn new things whenever I go back. I really should have repeated 1 year in JC. As for repeating, Aaron and I met up with our junior, Wei-Ze and he is now the vice-president of the lifeguard corp. If I could describe this guy in one sentence, I would put it very honestly as "A real mature gentleman expressed in the body of a young person". He is a very nice guy with probably the most friendly personality of anyone I've met in my life in ACS.

Not much time left, have to sleep early since I have to work tomorrow. My short break of 6 days is nearly over. Thank God for the much needed rest. Can't really blog about church, but I'll do so tomorrow when I get back from my day shift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home