Friday, October 17

Listening to Passion - Here I am to Worship

I wrote a whole lot of chunk here, then I felt that it was too long and so out of point, so I just deleted everything. Seriously, watching A Beautiful Mind has made me think much about rational thought. I notice that I digress just way too much in all my writings and ramblings. No doubt I'm just blogging down mostly nonsense, but at least I need some focus. Sometimes I really admire people who can blog down concise, clear thoughts in a few words and yet come with strong balanced arguments. It is a writing skill that I seriously need to learn and master. A mature person is determined by his speech, actions as well as writing.

I woke up at about slightly after noon today after going to sleep at the time that most NSmen in camp have to wake up. I really enjoy staying up till the wee hours of the morning. My mind is sharper, my thinking is clearer and I can focus easily. During the morning and afternoon, I just can't focus or pay much attention to the things around me. Believe me, it was a struggle waking up at 6.30 everyday to go to school, even if school happens to be the most happening one around.

The bad thing about staying up till so early in the morning is that it actually gives me pimples. At least during my stint in JC, my face was more or less acne free. Even during the exam times, it was still rather ok, save for a couple more. But the weird thing is that I started getting pimples since the day I enlisted and even now during my NS, which is supposed to be a slack period of time for my mind, the pimples just keep coming. Mum says that I've not been getting enough rest and keeping too odd hours and this is just one of the visible side-effects. Perhaps. But I'll just convince myself that its just in my genes and not my lifestyle.

I just checked on my friendster account and realised that there seems to be quite a number of my juniors there as well. Strangely, I can't find any good reason to add them since I hardly know any of my juniors! I only know the smattering of few that were from the 1st intake and continued to stay on in ACJC after the first 3 months. I guess my class never really got to know the junior class very well after the 2nd intake. During the first 3 months our senior-junior interaction was very on. Our classes would meet for lunch and recess as well as parties. Well, perhaps during the first 3 months, everyone's still in the holiday mood and after the 2nd intake, they're more serious and focused on their studies.

I didn't do very much today except play computer games, watch TV and eat. I've only been awake for around 12 hours today and now I am going back to sleep soon. Have to follow mum to the market to get our groceries tomorrow and then probably accompany her for her medical checkup with regards to her operation. Well, things at home are still as bad as ever, but I don't really care and try to live my life as per normal. Whatever life throws at me, I'm just going to trust in God even more.

It seems to me that my friday as well as saturday are going to be very packed. I have to attend cellgroup today with Merf. Then on saturday. There's the AC open house. Then there's the watch buying trip with T-Squared as well as the class dinner. But given that I have to work this Sunday, it only leaves me saturday to go for service this week. And I missed service last week as well. Plus this week its another overseas speaker. And the best thing is that I helped to organise the class dinner this saturday, not knowing that everything will clash together. Nevermind. I chose God over meeting my class. We can always meet up again next month. But its not every week that there's an overseas speaker coming to church to speak. So yes, I'll go to church. God is more important to me than social engagements.

mei: If you didn't tell me, I wouldn't have connected the very obvious fact that both you and Jem are in the same church! I've known Jem for a long time already, I think since our sec 3 Barker days. He was the pianist during chapel back at Barker. I only got to know him better in sec 4. He was the chapel pianist at that time and a member of the CF. He has a heart for God and the fruit of the spirit is evident in his life. I can say that he's matured, decent, responsible, kind, caring, thoughtful and the list goes on. You know well enough I suppose, so I need not elaborate any further.

Thanks for always being so supportive and encouraging in your comment posts, in your blog as well as your smses. I would send you global MMSes. Just that somehow, my phone keeps telling me that "the service is unavailable". What else can I say? Thank God for a person like you in my life. Sometimes I wish I could really sow friendship, love and kindness like you do.

I wish I can comment more about your hypothesis. But try as I might to write it here, I realise that it could very well be a 200 word essay. It is too complex and too vast and wide a topic that explores many things to be simplified and summarised in a few words. Its one of those things that writing upon needs quite abit of planning, less it be a sexist or unbalanced argument of sorts.

I come to You in quiet adoration
And fall before Your feet You are my King
I'm living for the beauty of Your Presence
To behold the glory of Your face

Holy, Worthy, is the Lord
Heaven declares Your Rightousness
Oh God of All Creation
I worship You

(Hillsongs - God of All Creation)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home