Listening to David Lanz - Heartsounds
Yesterday at Church
I think it was a wonderful evangelistic service. We had an overseas speaker as well as praise and worship leader from Australia. I have to admit that the standard of praise was FANTASTIC. The presence of God was so strong I started to tear just when praise started. Well, its a wonderful thing always being able to come to church so expectant and being satisfied week in and week out.
Our visiting preacher didn't even complete his preaching. He was talking about faith and out of his three point sermon, he only managed to talk about one point and then he gave an altar call for all the non-Christians and backsliders to give their hearts to Jesus. Wow, the place was seriously jam packed! People where coming from everywhere in the hall and before you knew it, the front was totally flooded up with people.
Church is having more evangelistic outreach services over the next few weeks with various overseas speakers, so perhaps at the end of this year, they might have to start a new service time slot! Truly, there is a mandate for global missions, not just local missions. Time is running out.
patrol
Well, after a long period of time, I have finally come back to the patrol area south of Changi Naval Base. It was q rather quiet day again today save for rather choppy water at around 2 in the afternoon. At one point, the boat rocked so much that our things were basically sliding around the place and falling off the tables. After 6 days of not being on the sea, I got very midly seasick with a slight throbbing headache, but perhaps that could be attributed to the lack of sleep. I tried to sleep at 11, but most probably slept nearer to 1, then I woke up at around 5a.m. The other NSman onboard told me he slept only at 1.30 and woke up at 4a.m - and he was more energetic than me!
Talk about having a commando mentality! Just 3 hours of sleep a night and he's so wide awake? I wish I could be like that as well, but perhaps one of the factors is that the rocking and swaying motion of the ship induces sleepiness the same way a ride on a bus does. But I can't say much.
We only spot checked on indonesian trade craft today and I must admit, that this was like the first indonesian trade vessel that actually looked seaworth to me. For starters, it looked NEW. Most of the other boats I have spot checked were old, leaky and could sink just about anytime. I wonder how these guys survive without radar using only a modified car car engine to propel their boat. We gave these guys one of our lunch packets and they were so grateful to us. Funny that the food provided us is considered lousy, but to these guys onboard the trade craft, its a deal big enough for them to argue over who gets how much of the food.
I got to sleep at around 5p.m and woke up at 8p.m - when it was all but darkness around. My crew commander was rather good to me as he gave me his entire dinner, for the fact that the dinner only fills up like a quarter of your stomach's space. I have come to realise that everytime I do duty on a sunday, the food's always a disaster. Not that I am being ungrateful, but its really the worst meal I'll eat in the month.
Well, I've got sentry duty for tomorrow's night shift! I'm rather happy about doing sentry duty AT NIGHT! No cars, no senior officers, nothing to bother you till like 7 plus the next morning. I just need to work till 4a.m and sleep all the way till around 8 plus and then I am off!
friendster
I just checked it again today and realised a few more of my friends from the past have added me. Its amazing where all these people who have more or less disappeared from my lives suddenly just come and add me out of the blue. Like Steph blogs, its like a "reunion". At least I can still send them a message or two through friendster just to keep in touch.
ACJC Open House
I neglected to mention this which I heard from one of the teachers, whom I shall not name, that was giving "subject combination counselling" at the HUB.
[Teacher]"We may be ranked only 8th in academics, but if you look at 2'A's and 2'AO's, we are 4th..."
[Sec 4 Student] Oh, ok ok...
Didn't he see our value added ranking? Its 15th! We take in 9 and 10 pointers only to make it seem like they scored 17 or 18 points in their O levels. But seriously, I'd rather play around in ACJC than it become a chao mugger's college as they are trying to push it to become. I have to admit that the "tradition of Slacking" lies deep in my life in ACS.
Just think, I met this senior once, who was also from 2SA5 in the first three months in ACJCl. He was expelled from ACJC for pouring iced sugared water from the 3rd storey onto Mr Lenn's head on the first storey. Now that's how crazy some AC Guys can go in their practical jokes! THAT IS, ACSian Spirit! Of course, he was just dying to go to Poly, so he could afford to "sacrifice himself for the laughter of others".
My brother says of Ashley, "Aiyah! She's so-so only lar! I don't find her HOT!" T-Squared, Jaimes, N-Dru, Prof. Wang, Ivan and now MY BROTHER say that she's only "so-so". Is it me or is it THEM? I think I have to undergo a psychological test.
Steph: Thanks for the testimonial on friendster! But really, I'm not a good Christian. I'm just still growing ever so slowly. I think Charles is a good definition of a "good Christian" in my humble, honest opinion. And as for my writing capabilities, its quite terrible, I got C6 all the way in ACJC for my GP for two straight years and had to attend remedial classes as well! Besides, my essay for the university application was rejected on the grounds that it was "too simple". Well, no one has complimented me on my writing before, so thank you very much! You're the first!
En: HAHA! You went to pose as a sec 4 kid and it WORKED? Wow! As for "AJC being a JC of muggers and no creativity", I have to admit that their standard is so much higher than the academic standard in ACJC. Its like, ACJC can at the most be ranked 7th because AJC's standard is just too big a gap for us to actually close up on given the standard of teaching as well as the slacking culture in ACJC.
Creativity is a complex thing to work on. At least you guys dare to recycle the dance routine! It must be good enough to warrant it being recycled 4 years in a row. For ACJC, it seems that the dance choreographer is like the most rejected dance chereographer in the country, and the school employs him because he charges the cheapest rates. Ah, tales of the Dance Society. Very interesting topic for debate in politics as well as philosophy.
With regard to ELDDS, its good stuff. I think many people wanted to join in ACJC. But they were put off but the politics and the way the CCA, The Arts Society was run by a few "ARTS Scholars" that sucked up to the teacher in charge. Besides, they were rather discriminatory to Science people, like its WRONG to be in science stream and yet have an interest in ARTS. So in the end, you got 150 people who joined Air Rifle, or what is now known as "Shooting Club". Wonder where they all came from? Heh.
mei: you're too humble! But that's good! Jesus says that the meek shall inherit the earth, so go mei! And as for priorities, I can't blame you. Sometimes, circumstances are such that you really cannot avoid pushing God out of the picture. We're not perfect and we needn't get legalistic about things such as cell group attendance or church attendance. As long as you put God in your heart first and strive to always put Him first as often has you possibly can. He will be more than satisfied even you miss out appointments with Him here and there. Don't get so guilty about such things, God understands.
Joline: Well well well! Lai Leng is called Lilian? Wow! I didn't know that she had an INGRISH NAME! Ha Ha! But lets put it this way, we all make mistakes and prefer to join into the actions of the crowd, rather than to stick out and risk getting ostracised as well. Well, we all have to applaud her courage as well as determination and diligence for actually making it to university? That's really an achievement, a mental barrier broken that people who are born with cerebral palsy are "stupid" or not apt "to go to university".
But wow, she's from RAFFLES GIRLS' PRIMARY? AND YOU TOO?! Ah, but I shan't elaborate, its too long ago for a mention here. And too silly too should I say it.
Yesterday at Church
I think it was a wonderful evangelistic service. We had an overseas speaker as well as praise and worship leader from Australia. I have to admit that the standard of praise was FANTASTIC. The presence of God was so strong I started to tear just when praise started. Well, its a wonderful thing always being able to come to church so expectant and being satisfied week in and week out.
Our visiting preacher didn't even complete his preaching. He was talking about faith and out of his three point sermon, he only managed to talk about one point and then he gave an altar call for all the non-Christians and backsliders to give their hearts to Jesus. Wow, the place was seriously jam packed! People where coming from everywhere in the hall and before you knew it, the front was totally flooded up with people.
Church is having more evangelistic outreach services over the next few weeks with various overseas speakers, so perhaps at the end of this year, they might have to start a new service time slot! Truly, there is a mandate for global missions, not just local missions. Time is running out.
patrol
Well, after a long period of time, I have finally come back to the patrol area south of Changi Naval Base. It was q rather quiet day again today save for rather choppy water at around 2 in the afternoon. At one point, the boat rocked so much that our things were basically sliding around the place and falling off the tables. After 6 days of not being on the sea, I got very midly seasick with a slight throbbing headache, but perhaps that could be attributed to the lack of sleep. I tried to sleep at 11, but most probably slept nearer to 1, then I woke up at around 5a.m. The other NSman onboard told me he slept only at 1.30 and woke up at 4a.m - and he was more energetic than me!
Talk about having a commando mentality! Just 3 hours of sleep a night and he's so wide awake? I wish I could be like that as well, but perhaps one of the factors is that the rocking and swaying motion of the ship induces sleepiness the same way a ride on a bus does. But I can't say much.
We only spot checked on indonesian trade craft today and I must admit, that this was like the first indonesian trade vessel that actually looked seaworth to me. For starters, it looked NEW. Most of the other boats I have spot checked were old, leaky and could sink just about anytime. I wonder how these guys survive without radar using only a modified car car engine to propel their boat. We gave these guys one of our lunch packets and they were so grateful to us. Funny that the food provided us is considered lousy, but to these guys onboard the trade craft, its a deal big enough for them to argue over who gets how much of the food.
I got to sleep at around 5p.m and woke up at 8p.m - when it was all but darkness around. My crew commander was rather good to me as he gave me his entire dinner, for the fact that the dinner only fills up like a quarter of your stomach's space. I have come to realise that everytime I do duty on a sunday, the food's always a disaster. Not that I am being ungrateful, but its really the worst meal I'll eat in the month.
Well, I've got sentry duty for tomorrow's night shift! I'm rather happy about doing sentry duty AT NIGHT! No cars, no senior officers, nothing to bother you till like 7 plus the next morning. I just need to work till 4a.m and sleep all the way till around 8 plus and then I am off!
friendster
I just checked it again today and realised a few more of my friends from the past have added me. Its amazing where all these people who have more or less disappeared from my lives suddenly just come and add me out of the blue. Like Steph blogs, its like a "reunion". At least I can still send them a message or two through friendster just to keep in touch.
ACJC Open House
I neglected to mention this which I heard from one of the teachers, whom I shall not name, that was giving "subject combination counselling" at the HUB.
[Teacher]"We may be ranked only 8th in academics, but if you look at 2'A's and 2'AO's, we are 4th..."
[Sec 4 Student] Oh, ok ok...
Didn't he see our value added ranking? Its 15th! We take in 9 and 10 pointers only to make it seem like they scored 17 or 18 points in their O levels. But seriously, I'd rather play around in ACJC than it become a chao mugger's college as they are trying to push it to become. I have to admit that the "tradition of Slacking" lies deep in my life in ACS.
Just think, I met this senior once, who was also from 2SA5 in the first three months in ACJCl. He was expelled from ACJC for pouring iced sugared water from the 3rd storey onto Mr Lenn's head on the first storey. Now that's how crazy some AC Guys can go in their practical jokes! THAT IS, ACSian Spirit! Of course, he was just dying to go to Poly, so he could afford to "sacrifice himself for the laughter of others".
My brother says of Ashley, "Aiyah! She's so-so only lar! I don't find her HOT!" T-Squared, Jaimes, N-Dru, Prof. Wang, Ivan and now MY BROTHER say that she's only "so-so". Is it me or is it THEM? I think I have to undergo a psychological test.
Steph: Thanks for the testimonial on friendster! But really, I'm not a good Christian. I'm just still growing ever so slowly. I think Charles is a good definition of a "good Christian" in my humble, honest opinion. And as for my writing capabilities, its quite terrible, I got C6 all the way in ACJC for my GP for two straight years and had to attend remedial classes as well! Besides, my essay for the university application was rejected on the grounds that it was "too simple". Well, no one has complimented me on my writing before, so thank you very much! You're the first!
En: HAHA! You went to pose as a sec 4 kid and it WORKED? Wow! As for "AJC being a JC of muggers and no creativity", I have to admit that their standard is so much higher than the academic standard in ACJC. Its like, ACJC can at the most be ranked 7th because AJC's standard is just too big a gap for us to actually close up on given the standard of teaching as well as the slacking culture in ACJC.
Creativity is a complex thing to work on. At least you guys dare to recycle the dance routine! It must be good enough to warrant it being recycled 4 years in a row. For ACJC, it seems that the dance choreographer is like the most rejected dance chereographer in the country, and the school employs him because he charges the cheapest rates. Ah, tales of the Dance Society. Very interesting topic for debate in politics as well as philosophy.
With regard to ELDDS, its good stuff. I think many people wanted to join in ACJC. But they were put off but the politics and the way the CCA, The Arts Society was run by a few "ARTS Scholars" that sucked up to the teacher in charge. Besides, they were rather discriminatory to Science people, like its WRONG to be in science stream and yet have an interest in ARTS. So in the end, you got 150 people who joined Air Rifle, or what is now known as "Shooting Club". Wonder where they all came from? Heh.
mei: you're too humble! But that's good! Jesus says that the meek shall inherit the earth, so go mei! And as for priorities, I can't blame you. Sometimes, circumstances are such that you really cannot avoid pushing God out of the picture. We're not perfect and we needn't get legalistic about things such as cell group attendance or church attendance. As long as you put God in your heart first and strive to always put Him first as often has you possibly can. He will be more than satisfied even you miss out appointments with Him here and there. Don't get so guilty about such things, God understands.
Joline: Well well well! Lai Leng is called Lilian? Wow! I didn't know that she had an INGRISH NAME! Ha Ha! But lets put it this way, we all make mistakes and prefer to join into the actions of the crowd, rather than to stick out and risk getting ostracised as well. Well, we all have to applaud her courage as well as determination and diligence for actually making it to university? That's really an achievement, a mental barrier broken that people who are born with cerebral palsy are "stupid" or not apt "to go to university".
But wow, she's from RAFFLES GIRLS' PRIMARY? AND YOU TOO?! Ah, but I shan't elaborate, its too long ago for a mention here. And too silly too should I say it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home