Wednesday, October 1

Listening to David Gates - Love is Always Seventeen

David Gates is GOOD STUFF! Its so sad this song! SO SAD! I've listened to it at least 20 times today and I don't seem to be getting sick of it. Truly it is an evergreen classic. It makes a good parallel with Dido's Here with Me.

day

Spent the day sleeping for awhile, to catch up on my 2 odd hours worth of rest on the boat yesterday. Then I spent all my time on friendster. It weird. The main screen says I have 30 friends and then the "list friends" page shows on 29! Nonsense man! This friendster thing is really addictive. I just hope that people can authorise me FASTER. Especially the girls!

I can't join "anglo-chinese" because it has reached its maximum of 500 friends already! Nevermind if I can't join. The server says I can't cancel my authorisation request to join either! But its just a beta version of friendster, so i guess I can't blame them for its flaws.

I've noticed that besides her, there are also many of the "dream AC Girls" being listed on friendster. Ah! Memories of the void deck! I really miss that time slot of 9.40a.m till 10.40 a.m in ACJC. Recess tme in the void deck was always something to be looked forward to. Just that it was a 'can see, cannot talk, don't even think of touching" basis. Too bad, too sad! Coupled with highly protective boyfriends in defensive positions. It better that we just steer clear of any misunderstandings lest the rumour gossip mill destroy your reputation overnight.

I'm still waiting for her to authorise me. Friendster is really addictive! I've spent close to 5 hours online on it. I see many long lost friends from the past. Truly, the Net has made this world smaller.

rushing

Thank God that I don't have to go for the M16 shooting tomorrow! If not my morning time that can be used to go to school to collect my testimonials will be burnt up! I'll have to rush like crazy tomorrow by going down to ACJC to collect my testimonials, then coming back as quick as I can to mug for the Advanced Theory of Driving Test in the evening.

Its kinda hard to chase my former teachers for the testimonials since they too would be very busy given that this time of the year, most of the girls are asking for testimonials as well and its very close to the A Levels. So the workload is really exponentially heavy. I just hope that everything goes well and I'll get some testimonials that are actually in my favour for which I can use to apply overseas.

Then there's the SAT II:Writing. I actually failed it on my first try! No joke! I passed score wise, but percentile wise I was a disaster! A testament to the fact that JC Students have a "shocking grasp" of English! For the fact that my chinese really sucks (ACS Boy what!), I can't accept the fact that my english is bad too! I think I'll just die language wise in America with my current standard of english.

If I do badly on my SAT II:Writing on Oct 11, I can forget about going to America to study. I think they require a minimum standard of 670 on the Writing test alone. That's no joke since I didn't do too well for the SAT I's verbal section! Even then, I'm not sure if my leave for that day will be approved. I just pray that everything goes well and that I can send out my applications before 15 Oct. Have to get them to America via registered mail before Oct 30.

Sighs. I have many things on my mind today. Feeling a little bit apprehensive about the future, for I don't know what it holds.

Oh ya. Kudos to Gabriel for actually putting up excerpts of some of my previous posts on his site, as well as actually complimenting my style of writing. Seriously, I don't deserve it. When I read what I wrote which is on his site. Sometimes, I really wonder how i actually came up with the whole thing. Whatever it is, I'll just continue to write honestly to whatever rambling thoughts my demented mind can come up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home