Thursday, September 25

Listening to Caedmon's Call - Coming Home

church

Church was really wonderful. Didn't managed to be first in line, but at least made it to be around the first 10 in line. Unfortunately, when the doors opened, about 50 odd people jumped the queue. And even after queueing for close to 1 over hour, I ended up walking into a hall where like 70% the seats were reserved and 20% of the seats were already booked by other cell groups cell group leaders! So Unfair! But nevermind, I'm quite thankful that I managed to get better seats for the cellgroup this time round. Instead of squeezing onto yesterday's 6 seats, we managed to get 8 this time round. Then the usher that was supposed to do duty for our area was probably a super blur newbie that didn't know that "there was to be no reservation of seats".

Since there was noticeably more space, very specifically about 100% increased space from yesterday, Praise was alot better. Worship, just about the same as yesterday's. Today's sermon wasn't as impacting as I expected, it was more of a teaching on character and a little bit of in depth bible study. I guess it was ok. But it did bring up one key point that I must bury in my heart so that I'll be a better NSman.

Can't believe I'm saying this, I mean, no one really likes to do NS. That's an honest factual truth. But given that I dont' really have a choice. I think I ought to just do my best in whatever crap job I'm assigned to and pray hard that the people above me will write something nice into my Certificate of Service. Yeah. Be like an ant. Its so simple a truth, yet so profound. Truly, the Bible has everthing I need to live a Godly righteous life of excellence to boot!

I have this deep feeling within me. That I ended up on sentry duty tomorrow for a purpose. I'm going to make a request to my Station Sergeant to allow me to leave the base approximately 3 hours earlier than usual so that I can go to church. I have nothing to lose to ask and I have faith and just trust God that He will allow me to be at church again tomorrow. I've been asked to fast tomorrow, so that the cellgroup can pull more friends in for this weekend's service. At the same time, I will jump onto the bandwagon to fast so that I can go to church tomorrow!

Its a very big deal for an NSman to end up going to church for a conference instead of being stuck in an army barracks! Its a bigger deal if I can bend the situation in my favour to go to church more often. I have to be greedy for the things of God. Because I'm so sure that God wants us to be not just hungry for more of Him, but to be greedy as well. Have to pray hard!

I believe that within another 2 months or so. If things are in my favour. I will leave the team to end up on office hours at the base. I'm not too sure at all, but given that I have an A level cert and a few of the office hours people are leaving the base. I have heard that SSgt Tay is trying to pull me into office hours. It will be good and bad. For starters, I won't have off days anymore and I can't go to CF on fridays since the normal day work finishes at 5.30. The good thing is that I have a more regular schedule and I can go for all 3 nights of such conferences held at church in the future. In addition, I can dedicate more time to ministry work on sundays. Pray that perhaps if I go on office hours, they'll let me off early on Fridays on a regular basis so that I can come to CF every week without fail. CF is so wonderful a place to grow spiritually. Wonder why the Christians in ACJC don't utilise it to their benefit.

God is more important that just hanging out and hanging around, going to endless pubs and clubs and parties and getting on the fashion jetstream and into the cool crowd. The world is truly tempting indeed. But Jesus the the Way, the Truth and the Life! Why won't people understand that He offers what they seek - a meaning in life. A purposeful life worth living.

I met my wonderful ex Barker classmate, Gustin, whose now in ACJC, on the way out of church and we just talked for a while. He was telling me that he believes that the Lord has set into his heart to apply to Yale. And this is coming from a guy who got 1 pass, 1 O level pass and 1 fail for his prelims and not to mention that he is a retainee. Looking at it secularly, or from the standard admissions process. There's no way he can go in there. But with God, all things are possible. I will definitely pray for my brother. If he can go to Yale. He would have broken a great mental barrier that hold many students from going all out for God - the fact that their grades suffer when they chose Him over school. I'm sure God isn't so faithful not to give a harvest of His own children's sacrifice. Gustin really sacrifices his studies in favour of God. He puts in alot of effort as well, but just doesn't seem to get the grades he deserves. Perhaps God is using him in a mighty way. I can only say when things are much clearer in the nearer part of the future.

God, die die, I want to be in church tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home