Sunday, September 21

Listening to Nat King Cole - Fly Me to the Moon

stuffed

Crew Commander really STUFFED me with food today! I was doing patrol with no other than UNCLE YEO! He's like the ultimate king when it comes to feeding his crew. I think he derives pleasure out of seeing us eat his food. Rahmat once told me that should I ever do patrol with Uncle Yeo, it is not necessary to eat breakfast.

So I just tested out his theory today by just having a small slice of cake for breakfast. Then I took a taxi to base, since Dad can't send me today. Normally, I usually end up taking the boat alone. But Uncle Yeo is so incredibly early that before I have even reached the boat, he's already done EVERYTHING!

Then he stuffs me with: Oranges, Apples, Peanuts, Green Peas (The deep fried ones with wasabi around it?), Maggi mee, ice cream, bandung, ginger tea, sweets. Then he gives me 3/4 his dinner cos I told him it wasn't enough. And for lunch the first gunner gave me half his rice! Then I come home to a round of Hokkien Mee. Nonsense man! I'm eating like 6 meals worth of food on a 12 hour shift, and I'm NOT excercising at ALL! Uncle Yeo just keeps feeding me with countless rounds of ginger tea, fruits, peanuts, bread, sandwiches, etc. I am seriously so full.

We made a stopover at Pulau Bukom to buy ice cream. But alas! The store was closed! So the island policeman kindly took us on a short tour of Bukom. My goodness! They have a really nice resort over there, with swimming pools, bowling alleys, etc. Like a clubhouse by the sea. Then there was this cafe there selling really nice and highly appetising stuff. Too bad, we didn't have the time to patronise it. Or else Uncle Yeo would be buying us lunch as well!

It rained during patrol today. I guess the monsoon is coming. But its great man. The weather is so much cooler and much more enjoyable. Just that the air con is once again too FREAKING COLD! Its SO COLD I tell you. You can literally make slurpee with coke just by leaving the can in front of the air con vent for an hour or so. But it was an enjoyable experience. Experiencing heavy rain whilst on patrol duty. Have to be really careful when navigating since visibility dropped to about slightly less than 1 nautical mile max, to a minimum of about .3 nautical miles.

And once again, I had alongside lessons from a Helmsman. Uncle Yeo insisted that I keep practising to move the boat alongside a target. I banged the boat very hard against the fenders previously, but this time round I was so much better. Thank God I didn't bang the boat again! I could maneouvre that 5.5 Million dollar piece of aluminium much much better than previously. I'll have alot of learn still, but I believe that I'm making good progress.

Didn't get to sleep much since it was SO COLD. Other than that, patrol was rather routine and quiet and peaceful. Patrol duty should be like this. Just quiet and simple. Boring, but I'm a boring person after all.

Rahmat's boat got invovled in a SEARCH AND RESCUE operation! During the heavy thunderstorm, one of the tugboats sank and his boat, along with SI Norman, where immediately despatched to go rescue survivors. In the end, I believed they managed to pluck out the tugboat's entire crew out of the water and the MPA (Marinetime Port Authority) had the tugboat's barge towed to our area of patrol and anchored in our area. Nonsense man this MPA. Bunch of lazy slackers that like to speed here and there! Customs also! Damn lazy slackers who like to speed here and there! Waste of time I tell you. Gahmen should just get rid of the two of them. Can save more money and add to the BUDGET.

God

I missed church today! I was damn sad! I have alot of thought as regards to what happened at CF on Friday. Things are still running through my mind.

I won't blog anymore I guess. I just want to diary down my day today and then go spend some time alone with my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home