Saturday, September 20

Listening to Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World

I saw JIAYAN TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I just have to blog that EVERYTIME I see that girl! She really epitomizes the miseducation in ACS!) No I don't like her! She's a "hands off girl". So no one can touch her! Hahahahaha! I think any guy would have better luck chasing for Nat than her! Oops!

Oh, how come so many AC people in Holland Village today? 10 in the morning and there are people camping in BK already! 1p.m and it was a big deluge! Its just so typical AC. Screw the prelims and then laugh it all off when you get horrendous grades! And continue zaoing lessons!

"I would often skip lectures to 'help' those girls whom I knew who were skipping classes as well to study at the void deck". - A J4. Nonsense man!

jazz?

Louis Armstrong is truly a great jazz legend! I love his music and his oh-so raspily rough voice. Sometimes, having a horrible voice choir perspective wise can be of great gain indeed. Not to mention that his trumpet skills are incredible! Once, I asked one of the top musicians in Barker, Jordan, my senior, who can play 33 different musical instruments (his dad can play 54!); "What is the hardest instrument to learn and play". And his reply was just "The trumpet". Respect jazz musicians who trumpet their trumpet. Its a notable achievement indeed.

car?

I haven't even started to study for my advanced theory of driving. The exam is like less than two weeks away! Time to study for a test that is supposedly much harder to pass and easier to fail. Strange how come everything in this country is closely associated with studying/mugging. And to think I was so on about getting my license before I was 18. Now that I have the opportunity and time. I couldn't even be bothered. I'm only interested in relieving my parent's burden of sending me around for the last 20 odd years of my life. Its time they really got to seat in the backseat.

guns?

Managed to complete viewing the documentary "Bowling for Columbine". Heavily applauded by the ARTS community for 1st class investigative media. Heavily recommended to me by T-Squared and L-Squared and a few other science people. I finally downloaded it and completed viewing it part by part today. It is indeed an eye opener about American People and the gun culture. Its a very fitting tribute to the tragedy that occured at Columbine High School. To think that I had the thought of heading out to buy a sniper rifle when if I can go to the States to study. No no. Not to shoot people, but to go hunting during the winter for sport! As in hunting type sniper rifle - a hunting rifle with a SCOPE? Ya, I'm not so crazy as to buy a handgun and carry it with me everywhere I go. I don't exactly like sleeping with my revolver on the boat already. I don't understand how people enjoy sleeping with a gun under their pillow.

drums?

I'm inspired to take up drumming again. My standard really sucks. Haven't even been practising AT ALL the last few months. My sense of beat and rhythm is still fine. But my hitting technique is horrible. Perhaps I should "unlearn" all the stuff I've learn in drumming and instead start afresh in JAZZ drumming. Its true that even though the music type is alot "lighter" than rock/alternative/r & b/heavy metal. The playing technique is very much more difficult. Like in rock, you don't get half beats all the time. In jazz, half beats are a commonplace! And I can say honestly its not easy to play a half beat here and there in music!

cycling?

And I'm inspired to go upgrade my bicycle! Nico has just bought a new set of rims and tires for his bike. Rahmat has just bought ROCK SHOX PSYLO! ARGH! I want that FORK for my bicycle! Its like you can just let the bicycle drop suddenly and you won't feel it! Hmmmm... If I have enough money (which I never seem to have enough of!) I'll have to upgrade to a ROCK SHOX PSYLO Fork, 8 inch disc brakes, UST Tires and some funky rims that come with no more than like 12 spookes! Then I have to get a brake system overhaul. The current disc brake pas are giving me too much problems - too squeaky! I can thank Mervyn of 2SB1 fame for his wonderful influence in biking. Without him, I wouldn't even be bothered about biking! Truly, he has sucked me into a hobby that is just so incredibly fun. Not just cycling on roads or mountain biking but more fo a Cross Country, Downhill and Dual Slalom kind of thing. I'm going to pick up some crazy stunts from him once both of us are done with national slavery. I'd love to do a seven twenty after flying off a ramp! =P And pray hard that I don't get badly injured again.

photo

Oh, the guy in the picture above on the left? His name is Wesley. He's one of the smartest people in ACS I've ever met. Not only that, he's very INTO this biking stuff as well. Well, he's incredibly smart, Winston's classmate and is heading to STANFORD to major in Biology. My goodness. He'll be like a super asset to the Biopolis in life sciences crazy Singapore! As for the other "ultraman figure" on the right of the picture. I don't know him personally, but he's one of those really smart persons of the galaxy as well. I think he got like 5 A's for his A levels of something I think. Another guy who can explain general relativity - you get the gist. Wesley is very smart. Even in primary school, he was beating Winston in the science tests (of course Winston thrashed him in everything else!). Something to which T Squared can testify to.

church

I missed church today due to some unforseen circumstances. I'm very unhappy about it! I HATE to miss church! I HATE to miss cellgroup! I HATE to miss Christians conferences and seminars! After my mistake of not crashing Dr. Ulf Ekman's conferences, I've promised myself to die die never miss another Christian event again. To think people skip church if it rains. Or they're tired. Or they "don't feel like going". Or they "have other things to do". How can we just trash God just like this by giving Him a miss as and when we like it! Its not acceptable!

After yesterday's SJI. My heart is moved. Really moved to be a better person in terms of character, personality and goals. Yesterday's session was incredible! A bunch of young people 16? 17? 18? 19? All totally sold out for God! I'll blog a few excerpts to aid my poor memory when I read this in the future:

"Jesus I want to go but... Why is it Jesus has 500 disciples and only 72 were sent? Why is it that everytime people in the bible told Jesus that they wanted to follow him, they had to go do something else first?"
"God I want to help in church, BUT first I got test"
"God I want to do _____ BUT _______"
"Why is there a BUT? WHY?"

"This book contains everything you need to live a Godly, Holy and righteous life! MEDIATE on it DAY and NIGHT"
"Look at your school badge! Its in the shape of a shield, you must know your bible well enough to defend yourself from the burning arrows of the wicked one!"
"Be very careful! Satan is out there to destroy you, remember when Jesus was in the wilderness to be tempted? Satan came to Him USING the Word of God to TEMPT Him! So if you don't know your Bible, You're going to fall!"

"Remember this, there is no faith, no grace, no passion, no humility no fire, no love, no joy, NOTHING, if you DO NOT REPENT!And repentance comes out after a long period of prayer. Its not a one time say "God I'm sorry" event!"

"If God asks you to answer the call to SAVE YOUR GENERATION, WILL YOU GO? ASK YOURSELF WILL YOU GO?!"

"Are you willing to trade in 4 "A"s for Four "F''s. So that you can see that one single soul saved? The question is today, 'What is the purpose of YOUR LIFE'? What do you exist here for?"

"God wants you to give everything. And that means EVERYTHING! You have to uproot all that you know in your life to be anchors and to lean totally on Him. Because He is the only anchor you can rely on!"

"Are you willing to give up your money, your comfort, your family, your everything, your all, your life, for God? Ask yourself! ARE YOU WILLING TO lose everything you have in your life. Just so that you can see one person more in Heaven?"

"Can you look at yourself twenty years down the road and still say that you are a Christian? That you are still on fire to serve Jesus?"

"Your greatest goal as a Christian is to LOVE People. If you do not LOVE people, will you reach out to them?"

"And what is your hope? What is YOUR hope? Your hope is to inherit ETERNAL LIFE!"

These are just a few of the things I've experienced yesterday. Its incredible. And all this is just coming from young people are totally sold out for God. totally. It was just incredible. Don, the vice president for last year preached to us about how visionary the founder of ACS was. That Bishop Oldham is so willing to sacrifice everything he has to live for in England to come to total squalor in the East to build a school. It was just so powerful.

Basically after Don gave the message, anyone was free to go up to share anything. And so many people went. Aunty Ros told me that everything would be done by 8p.m. It only finished at 11p.m. It was just incredible as I saw my former classmate in Barker share his testimony and his own personal message. Then there was so many speakers, past and present. Rev Charles went up, Aunty Ros spoke, previous memebers of the CF committee shared.

And the best thing is that we are "just a bunch of kids"! The new CF Prayer Co-ordinator, this guy from 1AD3 called Nathaniel is INCREDIBLY holy! He is like just a younger version of Rev. Charles! He speaks with so much conviction and so much passion and desire. I can FEEL his fire for God in my spirit.

It was just incredible. It makes me take a honest long good look at myself only to conclude how silly, foolish, self-absorbed, childish, immature I really am. The bible says that "out of the heart the mouth speaketh". Judging by my own personal writings in here in my blog. I can conclude that I am a very confused person with no real direction in life.

I chose to follow God a long time ago. I choose to honour Him all my life. I just haven't totally surrendered all that I am to Him yet. I haven't chosen to faithfully obey all of His commandments. I haven't chosen to acknoledge and obey all of His Words. I haven't chosen to put Christian virtues of excellency in my work in NS. I've not done alot of things.

I'm just so convicted to live my life out for God even more. I want to be totally sold out for Jesus. No matter how crazy that idea sounds to everyone else. I mean, I know that I'm quite a mentally unsound person. I'm quite screwed up and messed up "up there". I won't deny it. I am crazy. But God can use crazy people as well. Some things that God requests us to do often defies the very logic of His creation. Being crazy for God is a good thing indeed!

This life is not worth living. If I dont live it out for Jesus. I have only one life. Either I live it for myself or I live it out for God. I'd rather go with God. I don't find meaning in partying. Getting drunk. Getting caught up in the cares of the world: Looks, money, fame, glamour, etc.

Honestly. I'd rather pray than to go to a party. I'd rather go to church than to go all kinds of outings. I'd rather go to Bible conferences than to spend my life in front of my computer. I might be very hypocritical about myself as I say this, since I do enjoy skipping school to go for outings and going for class gatherings/parties. I have a really big ego, and a really big pride factor which God isn't happy about. How ironic that I suffer from Low-Self Esteem. I'm quite screwed up. So basically, my only hope is that my Creator can fix me up properly again.

I take my inspiration from Simon Peter. It inspires me to the fact that the disciple who got rebuked by Jesus the most, made a mess of everything all the time, said the wrong things at the wrong time, asked for stupid silly childish requests from Jesus. denied Jesus three times, often got into arguments with the other disciples, etc. Actually loved Jesus the most.

How ironic that even though Jesus loved John the most. Yet, it was Peter who loved Jesus more than any other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home