Sunday, September 14

Listening to Harry Connick Jr - All of Me

reprise

I wanted to quite blogging altogether just a few days ago. To devote more time to praying and reading the Bible. Not that I'm some super holy Christian or anything. But I feel its just a basic responsibility for any Christian to pray and to read the Bible. In addition, I wanted to start revising on my mathematics, so I can accelerate my undergraduate studies in University.

Up to now. I can only say I've prayed a little wee bit more than average. And I have not even cleared my table! After seeing the chapter list Boon Leong sent me for first year undergraduate mathematics. My brain realised that it is seriously rusting away, and that the Maths Processing Unit is rather outdated. To Boon, the mathematics is chicken feet for him. To me. I'd be better off by getting tuition! University student needs tuition! Nonsense man!

Soon soon. Mom worries that I do not have enough self-discipline to study overseas. I don't blame her. I have yet to learn the basic tenets of housekeeping. Even in Tracom, I wasn't exactly good at ironing my uniform! And I can't cook! Talk about washing clothes, cleaning the house. All this which I take for granted. I'm really in a sense, a spoiled brat of an AC boy! Come to think of it. Most of my friends in Barker had like 2 or 3 maids here and there. Damn pampered lifestyle. Can somebody teach me the finer aspects of housekeeping? I only know how to make my bed...Even in Tracom, we just tied the ends of the bedsheet together for that "flawlessly flat surface". Like this how to survive overseas?

Besides, I'm probably going to end up as a Single Sad Bastard (SSB), so it would really be wise to learn how to take care of myself and I stay in my one-bedroom condo! Ok, I'll get a maid only when I buy my black and white house! It would be much wiser to stay single for a longer period of time, as opposed to getting hitched. Too troublesome. And I don't intend on throwing a 12 course dinner banquet that takes me 2 years to save up for, only to realise that I do not know 3/4 the people attending my wedding dinner! Call me selfish. I think practability is what counts - a small simple ceremony of close knit friends and relatives! I'll be better off saving for a 2 carat Quality Z Clarity D diamond set in platinum for my bride-to-be, than to fork it out for stupid dinner for a bunch of calorie counters! That if, and ONLY IF, I get married - of which I don't have much hope in, honestly.

As for my so called sabbatical. I'm calling it off. Call me indecisive, or call me weak willed. I'm addicted to this blogging thing. Really. But at least I've achieved my aims partially on cutting down my time spent online. From twelve hours, its about 6 now. Hopefully I can reduce it to 3 or 2 in the much nearer future. Somehow, I get a kick of an enjoyment when I write nonsense here. I don't thing it can be called insightful and analytical. Its all just stupid ranting and raving about girls, school. how NS sucks, church and going out. Yeah. I have such a boring life.

mei

You're damn nice, mei! No questions about that! I don't really know how to express myself, as in feeling-wise in words. So I tend to use really "blockish sounding phrases". I don't have an ARTS education, so I can't express myself in beautiful and fluid poetic prose. I'm just quite plainly honest and blunt in my words, with not much tact or "smoothening". I'm not a fan for smooth talking pick up lines that guys use in pubs and clubs. I just chose to let my yes mean yes and no mean no. No need to say, "I thoughtfully and respectfully, with all necessary due respect, do not agree with your current perspective on this unusal viewpoint, should I say.", when I can just say, "no".

Besides, not many people praise me and say good things, lest encouraging words to me. You are one of the very few! So of course you are fully worthy of my praise! Its nothing much more than an honest compliment to your character and personality!

Considering that I'm quite selfish, and not to mention, self-centered. With character that honestly sucks. (I, I, I,I...so possesive a noun), and that I'm rather weird and eccentric in all my ways and have so many odd quirks about me. I see you more of God-sent to me, rather than me God-sent to you! And you can tahan all my nonsense and still call me your kor! For the fact that you can stand my nonsense, is a very big thing already. And you call me kor? Shouldn't I be the super duper ultra grateful party? =D

So I said it before, and I'll say it again. You're a damn nice mei to me! =) =hugs=

The Holland V pics are just a way to bring a little bit of home to you, 4000 miles away! Which area do you want next? Orchard Road? Suntec City? Esplanade? I'll go and get the pics for you during my off days. No questions asked! Of course, if you ask me to go to SCGS to take, then I can't lah! Have to get some other SC girl to do it.

Yeah I know that the SCGS uniform is called a Sundress. My friend's ex-girlfriend (from SCGS) casually mentioned that to us (I was in a group at that time), when quite a few Barker guys started asking her about the uniform. I think I was 14 at the time this conversation happened:

[Barker Boy#1] Do you SCGS girls wear anything under that uniform
[SCGS Girl] Panty and bra lor (AH DUH!)
[Barker Boy#2] No no, as in, got second layer anot
[SCGS Girl] So hot....
[Barker Boy#2] Eh, how you make the skirt shorter huh?
[SCGS Girl] fold up at the belt lor
[Barker Boy#2] Oh... Ok.....

Well, one thing's for sure, I'm not sure if there's a second layer in the uniform. Care to enlighten me? Apparently, some of my Barker/ACJC pals tell me that there IS a second layer! Its like a very thin white-beige pinafore shaped thing that fits exactly underneath the uniform! How observant some AC people are indeed! Of course, we never got down to asking any particular SC girl in JC1 about this - bad impression mah! Must behave yourself when you're in JC1. 10 year in ACS and its all boys boys boys. Then suddenly there are girls around. My first day in school felt weird. *wow* there are girls in school! *wah!* so many MGS girls! *woo!* So many SCGS girls! Nonsense lah, but what to do? A paradigm shift in environment feels weird. It did take some time to get used to the fact that there are girls in your class. You can't do some "boy's only" things like change in class before PE, strip guys in class, act childishly. Lest you have hordes of screaming and shrieking girls calling on mdm tham or lose their "initial respect" for you. Image matters alot in ACJC. ALOT. Especially with girls.

Lucky I had lots of AC Primary School friends to fall back on, when the girls started thinking of me as a "really weird guy". Can't blame them lah. I'm just plain - differential from other guys. With the few exceptional MG girls like Wivi, Shi Mei and a few others, plus a few very nice SCGS girls. The rest of the girls just didn't want to have anything to do with me - sad to say the least. Even the girls in Christian Fellowship! Can you imagine that? You own sister's in Christ turning their cold shoulders on you? Best thing is that I got along so incredibly well with all the guys in school All the guys I tell you. In the end, my ratio of guys to girls was like 7:1. Nonsense man! All the guys can tahan all my nonsense and even enjoy it. All the girls, sigh, think I'm just an idiot. =( But its ok lah, have a few nice girls in school, can already. Noticeably, the ARTS girls are much more open-minded to my nonsense than the Science girls, who were rather closed off. Its like the difference between AH and SC1.

So in conclusion, I'm quite a weird guy. No need to hide or disguise the truth. What to do? Guys have absolutely no problems relatiing to me, while most of the girls I know can't stand me! And this includes girls in church! Now you understand why I say I most probably won't get married? =)

Which is why I am all the more thankful to God that I have such a nice girl like you to call my mei. =D

Yes, I have to link Gabriel since he kindly linked me as well! LinkExchange!

release notes

I'll be away for the next 36 hours. Ministry in Church, then Night Shift. Then Sleep. Will be bloggable by 8p.m on Monday.

"Eh, how come zaogeng turns up your page too?". Kudos to a legendary blogger, Gabriel, for linking me on his ultra-popular blog.

Ya, the Void Deck/Old Canteen, is the number 1 hotspot. That's why lots of AC guys don't mind having their recess/lunch there, in addition, don't mind studying there. Besides, the Library is TOO FREAKING COLD. I don't understand how come one minute I'm with a bunch of super holy people, next minute, with a bunch of perverts. I'm literally sandwiched in the center, so I get to see ends of the spectrum of ACJC boys!

I'll be heading back to ACJC on tuesday. I'll bring mum's digicam to go capture some shots of the place, and if I can, with the junior class. Then I'll have to task a very busy TLC and Lao Shi to write out my testimonials for me. I certainly hope they do write something good if not I'm just screwed for my applications overseas.

The song "Jessie" by JOSHUA KADISON is very nice! You only need to replace the word Jessie with "Maggie". Get what I mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home