a deluge of thoughts
Listening to Hillsongs United LIVE - To the Ends of the Earth
for mei
I want to go to NOO YAWK university SO BADLY! I get to live in the CITY of the BIG APPLE. I get to go to one of the top universities in America, I can go to one of the best churches in the world (in my definition). I can live in a place that so many people want to visit for four whole years. And I can finally get immersed into cosmopolitan living, as opposed to our pseudo-cosmopolitan one in Singapore. And yeah, I can go take up lessons with a Master of Drums, some black dude, who can play 800 beats a minute on the double pedals and like 1100 strikes per minute on the snare drums... Jazz drumming, that is. Money is no issue when I can find a true drum master to teach me. And you get plenty of them in New York City.
Then there's the Cultural Aspect, the multi-racial, truly multi-relgious context. The important places like Empire State Building, Wall Street, Upper Manhattan, DA BRONX... etc. My goodness.. thinking about it. It makes me drool.
Then again, if I go to Washington University in St. Louis. It is the 12th ranked university in the entire states. It has the 2nd best medical program in Armerica after Harvard Medical School (Even better than John Hopkins!). Not so much of a city, can't find a good church, yet! Though I'm sure there will be one or two or several. I trade in more "fun parts" for the academics. Its the closest I'll get to an ivy league university. Can fight Cambridge and Oxford. So from that perspective, why not?
Oh how I wish WUSTL was in New York City! God shift the campus for my selfish sake! Hahahahaha!
on scgs girls
After "reviewing" where all your classmates went. I can only agree with this theory one 2SA3 guy told me in ACJC.
"I tell you something ok, SCGS girls are damn smart - no kidding". Perhaps that's why their one of the top 10 secondary schools in Singapore. All go RJC, HCJC, NJC and of course ACJC! Smart man! Really smart! And where do all the people in Barker end up in? Some screwed up JC or poly. Only a tiny handful make it to ACJC.
Its ironic that so many Barker guys want to go to ACJC, but can't. And even more ironic that so many ACSI boys want to go to RJC, settling only for ACJC when they have "no other choice". ACSI people have a general lack of ACSian Spirit. Sad to say that's true, when only 50% of the students come from ACPS or ACJC. and NINETY FOUR percent of Barker guys are from the feeder schools.
Nicole Moreira is from SCGS? My goodness! She looks like a typical Eurasian-MGS girl!
We should have NEVER divided ACS Secondary. All this shit wouldn't have happened!
on mgs girls
One thing I realise: MGS girls are DAMN SMART! FREAKING SMART! That's my general experience in ACJC. If you meet an MGS girl, VERY high probability she's really smart! VERY high! Especially 4A1 and 4A2 girls! Can fight the GEPS from RGS! And even 4B1 can fight some of the top students in ACS! Then there's the ultra cool, ultra hip and ultra funky class of 4C2 (COOL CLASS!). All the girls there are like SO playful and somehow, they can get 10 points at O levels! And which class do they go to? 2SC7! 2SC8 and 2SC9! WOOOOOOOOOO!
Its so true when I say that those classes have the nicest girls! They're like a "definition of cool class" in ACJC. 2SC1 cannot make it. They're just so sucked up in the class cliche since their linked by a pair of french bread buns! (READ: SCONES). Then 2SC2 is always trying to be like 2SC1. 2SC3 is neither here nor there.
2SC4 nice! Cos MAGGIE's in 2SC4! Then 2SC5 has some very nice and friendly girls (Esp the Cedar Girl!), just that half the class are chao muggerz. Then 2SC6 - all my brothers are there also! Another cool class filled with cool guys! Hahahah! 2SC10.. Sorry joline, but I find it weird that your class sits with the SGs.... so sad right? hahahahahah...
But I think the class monitor of 2SC10 is probably one of the most open minded, intellectual, educated Malay-Muslims you can find for his age group in terms of maturity. I can literally talk to him about anything!
Yes, that includes his perspective of Wahabbi Islam and its political influence in Global Affairs in the Middle East. Cool huh? Only in AC you get such cool people.
for steph
I'll hand you a copy of Macromedia Studio MX, not the 2004 version though, because I haven't received it yet. And I'll burn you a copy of LAST year's Racial Harmony Day BHANGRA DANCE. I haven't distributed it around the ACJC people yet, so you'll be the first to receive a copy outside of the performers.
The last part got deleted - thanks to some jerks who washed it away accidentally recording a soccer match between the Hockey Guys and the Gym Instructor Corps (a now defunct ACJC CCA, I believe).
KAP rocks! (The dancer! Not the MacDonald's next to MGS!) Did they have to nickname him after any typical ACS Secondary school Boy's common "lunch place"?
I think the S50 rocks! And since you have such goo lobang, I think I know of lots of people who want to buy Canon digital cameras, but are just waiting for the price to become a little bit more platable.
There is much sights to be seen at sea, seriously, if I took a digital camera with me out to sea, I could get lots of pictures that most other photographers wouldn't be able to get.
Nonsense!
The crew set today was wonderful. Ended up doing with RAHMAT. The crew commander was a very nice guy. The first gunner was actually another crew commander, just standing in "for the role". Thus, we had an excellent crew set. No 1st gunners with attitude problems.
My patrol area was the furthest away from the base. Its SO far away, it takes almost 40 minutes even at top speed to reach it. It practically at the area off Old Changi Coast Road - a couple's really private public haunt and a camping ground. Slightly further up is the area where the Japanese killed the Chinese people during WWII, so basically, people avoid the area like the plague.
Surprisingly, there was quite alot of action at our area of patrol today. Normally, its one of the quietest patrol areas. We only made one spot check, on one of those ferries that ferry NSmen from the SAF Jetty all the way to the Island of Doom. I tell you, that damn thing that mindef hires is really not seaworthy. One bang and it will sink!
The weather changes really fast in our sector. One minute is hot and sunny and 20 minutes later its suddenly dark and raining heavily. Quite fun when it rains, just that it gets really cold on our already cold boat!
One interesting sight: There was this boat, a sailboat, using sails that had the same design as ancient chinese junks! Even the boat shape was shaped similiarly to ancient chinese junks! Just that they were built with modern materials. It almost looked like a live exhibition of OCBC on the sea! We didn't spot check it because apparently, they had sailed all the way from Hong Kong! That's really skill man! RESPECT!
Then we crossed their paths unintentionally and our backwash like totally washed them out. Oops! They probably felt like they were in a washing machine doing tumble dry for a while!
Our patrol area is interesting in the sense that there is really alot of things to see. Changi Naval Base is nearby, and malaysia's naval base is just 4 nautical miles away. Then there's the island of pengeran, which malaysia puts a radio-telescope radar device that constantly scans at Singapore. Constantly! The thing is on high hill, so it can basically see across th whole of Singapore in one sweep. Talk about intelligence
Nevermind, our early warning radar system can help us scan all the way to Thailand in one sweep! Haha! Malaysia loses again! The DSO is really doing something good in this area I'd say! Heard that Malaysia kicks up a big fuss over our radar's "instrusive abilities".
I saw one Thai Frigate today, I think at least 10 VLCCs, 2 roros (The vessels that are used to carry our mercs, jags and ferraris from europe). Other than that, we had to monitor one malaysian navy ship coming in from the horsburgh lighthouse. The bastards at the malaysian navy! Nothing better to do send a warship to the Horsburgh Lighthouse! It is rightfully OURS!
Then they sent their own "polis" coast guard craft to the Horsburgh Lighthouse later for which we had to monitor the craft as well. The craft is even bigger than our mighty Coastal Patrol Craft. And armed to the teeth as well with an 8 inch artillery shell gun! But don't worry lar, we got the navy, our big brothers to back us up! Yeah!
Nevermind, they're so slow that we can easily beat their speed by 3 times! What we lose out in firepower, we make up in speed! Anyway, their boats look rather old and are filled with lots of slackers just sitting around the boat doing nothing. Their boat moves so slowly we can overtake tham from 10 nautical miles away! Cannot make it one man!
I think the Naval Diving Unit was deployed today. I saw one of their Landing Ship Crafts off the waters of Bedok Lighthouse. I think got some big case or some exercise. Well, if *choy* I ever drop a gun into the sea, they're the guys whose gonna help us find it and get us out of trouble! And besides, they help us retrieve dead bodies that we can't pick.
Speaking of dead bodies, Atek, my good computer-geek friend, has the "honor" of being the first in the entire police academy intake to pick up a dead body from the sea! He picked it up off the waters of Pulau Ubin. Some illegal immigrant that drowned when a smuggler threw him overboard after their craft had been spotted by the coast guard. He told me it was SO heavy, he needed like EIGHT people to help haul up the thing - it later tipped the scales at like 179 kg or something (bloated up + water) like that. Lucky on our 3rd Gen boats its not so difficult! Unlike his 2nd Gen boats at Seletar Base.
Then there was this should I say, idiot fishing in the waters of Changi Naval Base. Its PROTECTED WATERS. They can shoot you just for going in there accidentally. This bugger was FISHING! Worst! He had come back repeatedly to fish near the base after being warned and chased off by another coast guard patrol boat 4 times!
So this time, there was TWO boats deployed to shoo this guy away. Idiot man, tired of living, really want to die! Go and fish at Raffles Marina lah! Fish at a Navy Base there!
On a normal day, there is at the most only 1 case. Today, so many cases! So much things to do! But it was really fun since we had a really good crew set! As we worked, we talked about everything from politics to education, to money, to financial stuff to banking to economics to philosophy and of course to sex. (They talk about sex EVERYTIME, without fail!)
Our boat engine had some problems on the way back, so we could only crawl at a pitiful 20 knots! For a boat that is designed and build to go at 60 knots - making it the fastest vessel in Singaporean waters, going at 20 knots is like crawling! It took almost 45 minutes to reach back to base. But nevertheless, it was fun. So much fun that my crew commander requested that all of us be deployed to patrol the exact same area tomorrow, with exactly the same patrol area!
When I've got a good crew set. I really don't feel like going back from work. When I've got a crew set with a 1st gunner with an attitude problem. I can't wait to finish my shift! Just can't wait at all!
I'm really blessed. While everyone else is suffering on the Island of Doom, undergoing obedience training. I get to go on one of the fastest boats in the sea, I get to work on the SEA, I can use my police powers on land, I can rest when I'm tired, food is provided and I get to see a part of life that not many people see and I get to work with lots of nice people. NS in army where got such things one?
previous
I had a great jog yesterday. Ran just 3 rounds around my estate and enjoyed it thoroughly. Considering that I have not had a run for like 2 months, 3 rounds is quite an achievement for a guy whose never passed his Napfa/ippt offfically. Apparently, there's this pretty MGS girl who stays around my estate!
Nonsense man! How come so many ACS people, RJ people and MGS girls stay around my area? Too many to be a coincidence! Nonsense man I tell you! Worst! This is a pretty MGS girl! Can fight Mandy already!
Nonsense man I say NONSENSE!
boon leong
I caught up with BOON LEONG on icq last night. He's currently only one of the two students studying at the world famour MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY in Cambridge Massachusetts! Harvard is NEXT DOOR! I can't believe it. My good friend in Christian Fellowship, a lecture mate during Maths and F Maths lectures, a guy that I always help to play pranks with on Vicknesh and Jaesson is actually in the top university for engineering in America! WOW!
He's currently majoring in MATHEMATICS on a Public Service Commission Overseas Merit Scholarship. He's the 2nd top student in ACJC, after Winston Chin! And he's as humble as Winston is! He's a damn damn nice guy, he's very kind and he really loves God alot. He prayed for me just once during CF, after we had our 2nd most powerful encounter with God in ACJC and there was this Altar Call for everyone to go forward to be prayed for.
Well, he tells me the food at MIT sucks! Its worst than the food at Tekong apparently! And he tells me that the MIT campus is smaller than NUS'! He says he can't walk from one end of NUS to the other, but in MIT he can. BOON! Have you considered the WEATHER? Hahahah! I think his girlfriend went to Harvard or something, so they'll be together happily for the next 4 years in America! What a blessed guy indeed!
He'll be bonded for 6 years to the Public Service, and later, 2 years for the rest of his NS liability. Currently, he's in Officer Cadet School. What a achievement! That basically means he's got a guaranteed job till the age of 30! And he'll be back to teach mathematics at ACJC as well!
Can you imagine if your lecturer in ACJC is from MIT? Can fight all the lecturers in RJ and Hwa Chong combined already! Hello? its MIT! They offer the 2nd best Mathematics Undergraduate Course in America!
Boon is really talented. If Winston Chin's an all rounder. Then Boon is like the sharpened edge of Winston. He's not just good at one subject. He's a GENIUS at THREE! Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry! That doesn't happen everyday! Ok, his chinese sucks too lah (it was a C5 - but what to do - ACS BOY WHAT!). But he has EIGHT distinctions in the A levels! Also one of the elite 20 that can do 3 S Papers!
He won a mathematical olympiad at the age of 12! He writes about theoretical physics and professors at NUS take note! He works with Professors of mathematics at NUS to help them solve problems related to orthogonally n-sided n-dimension diagonalisation! (Cheem shit!) At the end of the day, he's still SO humble and doesn't mind you asking him "your hardest question" - which is like chicken feet for him.
Well, he's very nice to have given me a few links where I can download his tutorials! So now I can like practise on questions set in MIT as i hope to brush up on my mathematics before I enter university. Such a nice guy! And if I don't know, I can always ask him! Help from MIT! Wow!
Another ultra achiever. And he's from Christian Fellowship as well! Wow man! Everyone in CF is really blessed! Charles is going to OXFORD, Zi Ming is going Imperial on a Police Force Scholarship, Winston is President's Scholar, Kendrick is in the USP in NUS (6 distinctions!).. etc. The rest all have their miracles of their own. Even my entry into accountancy was really by the Grace of God I say.
So join CF and Serve God in ACJC! God will bless you back in your studies and grant you favor in NS! Even right now, I think all the guys in NS that were from CF are in rather "good" positions - either officers, or doing "senang" jobs like mine! Basically appointments/vocations that give us alot of time to pray.
Well, I wish my dear friend all the best in his life ahead! May God bless him always!
And yes, If I got to NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, I can always host a reunion for ALL the CF people! Everyone come to New York and meet up, drink coffee in a NYC CAFE and all the CF girls in England/Singapore/Australia can hop over for a HOLIDAY as well! Hahahaha! And we can all go to church together! Something which we've always wanted to do, but never got down to doing!
So I believe that even with this current batch of J2s from CF, like Don, Geoffrey, Tai Tuck.. etc I'm sure God will bless them richly as well. Even right now, the president, or should I say, former president, Tao Sun, has already won a schoarship to study medicine at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (The best in HK) - and he has not even sat for his A levels YET!
meeting
I'm meeting up with T Squared and L Squared Tomorrow at noon. Nonsense session I bet! But it'll be fun to see T Squared again... I have to catch up with a good friend!
Listening to Hillsongs United LIVE - To the Ends of the Earth
for mei
I want to go to NOO YAWK university SO BADLY! I get to live in the CITY of the BIG APPLE. I get to go to one of the top universities in America, I can go to one of the best churches in the world (in my definition). I can live in a place that so many people want to visit for four whole years. And I can finally get immersed into cosmopolitan living, as opposed to our pseudo-cosmopolitan one in Singapore. And yeah, I can go take up lessons with a Master of Drums, some black dude, who can play 800 beats a minute on the double pedals and like 1100 strikes per minute on the snare drums... Jazz drumming, that is. Money is no issue when I can find a true drum master to teach me. And you get plenty of them in New York City.
Then there's the Cultural Aspect, the multi-racial, truly multi-relgious context. The important places like Empire State Building, Wall Street, Upper Manhattan, DA BRONX... etc. My goodness.. thinking about it. It makes me drool.
Then again, if I go to Washington University in St. Louis. It is the 12th ranked university in the entire states. It has the 2nd best medical program in Armerica after Harvard Medical School (Even better than John Hopkins!). Not so much of a city, can't find a good church, yet! Though I'm sure there will be one or two or several. I trade in more "fun parts" for the academics. Its the closest I'll get to an ivy league university. Can fight Cambridge and Oxford. So from that perspective, why not?
Oh how I wish WUSTL was in New York City! God shift the campus for my selfish sake! Hahahahaha!
on scgs girls
After "reviewing" where all your classmates went. I can only agree with this theory one 2SA3 guy told me in ACJC.
"I tell you something ok, SCGS girls are damn smart - no kidding". Perhaps that's why their one of the top 10 secondary schools in Singapore. All go RJC, HCJC, NJC and of course ACJC! Smart man! Really smart! And where do all the people in Barker end up in? Some screwed up JC or poly. Only a tiny handful make it to ACJC.
Its ironic that so many Barker guys want to go to ACJC, but can't. And even more ironic that so many ACSI boys want to go to RJC, settling only for ACJC when they have "no other choice". ACSI people have a general lack of ACSian Spirit. Sad to say that's true, when only 50% of the students come from ACPS or ACJC. and NINETY FOUR percent of Barker guys are from the feeder schools.
Nicole Moreira is from SCGS? My goodness! She looks like a typical Eurasian-MGS girl!
We should have NEVER divided ACS Secondary. All this shit wouldn't have happened!
on mgs girls
One thing I realise: MGS girls are DAMN SMART! FREAKING SMART! That's my general experience in ACJC. If you meet an MGS girl, VERY high probability she's really smart! VERY high! Especially 4A1 and 4A2 girls! Can fight the GEPS from RGS! And even 4B1 can fight some of the top students in ACS! Then there's the ultra cool, ultra hip and ultra funky class of 4C2 (COOL CLASS!). All the girls there are like SO playful and somehow, they can get 10 points at O levels! And which class do they go to? 2SC7! 2SC8 and 2SC9! WOOOOOOOOOO!
Its so true when I say that those classes have the nicest girls! They're like a "definition of cool class" in ACJC. 2SC1 cannot make it. They're just so sucked up in the class cliche since their linked by a pair of french bread buns! (READ: SCONES). Then 2SC2 is always trying to be like 2SC1. 2SC3 is neither here nor there.
2SC4 nice! Cos MAGGIE's in 2SC4! Then 2SC5 has some very nice and friendly girls (Esp the Cedar Girl!), just that half the class are chao muggerz. Then 2SC6 - all my brothers are there also! Another cool class filled with cool guys! Hahahah! 2SC10.. Sorry joline, but I find it weird that your class sits with the SGs.... so sad right? hahahahahah...
But I think the class monitor of 2SC10 is probably one of the most open minded, intellectual, educated Malay-Muslims you can find for his age group in terms of maturity. I can literally talk to him about anything!
Yes, that includes his perspective of Wahabbi Islam and its political influence in Global Affairs in the Middle East. Cool huh? Only in AC you get such cool people.
for steph
I'll hand you a copy of Macromedia Studio MX, not the 2004 version though, because I haven't received it yet. And I'll burn you a copy of LAST year's Racial Harmony Day BHANGRA DANCE. I haven't distributed it around the ACJC people yet, so you'll be the first to receive a copy outside of the performers.
The last part got deleted - thanks to some jerks who washed it away accidentally recording a soccer match between the Hockey Guys and the Gym Instructor Corps (a now defunct ACJC CCA, I believe).
KAP rocks! (The dancer! Not the MacDonald's next to MGS!) Did they have to nickname him after any typical ACS Secondary school Boy's common "lunch place"?
I think the S50 rocks! And since you have such goo lobang, I think I know of lots of people who want to buy Canon digital cameras, but are just waiting for the price to become a little bit more platable.
There is much sights to be seen at sea, seriously, if I took a digital camera with me out to sea, I could get lots of pictures that most other photographers wouldn't be able to get.
Nonsense!
The crew set today was wonderful. Ended up doing with RAHMAT. The crew commander was a very nice guy. The first gunner was actually another crew commander, just standing in "for the role". Thus, we had an excellent crew set. No 1st gunners with attitude problems.
My patrol area was the furthest away from the base. Its SO far away, it takes almost 40 minutes even at top speed to reach it. It practically at the area off Old Changi Coast Road - a couple's really private public haunt and a camping ground. Slightly further up is the area where the Japanese killed the Chinese people during WWII, so basically, people avoid the area like the plague.
Surprisingly, there was quite alot of action at our area of patrol today. Normally, its one of the quietest patrol areas. We only made one spot check, on one of those ferries that ferry NSmen from the SAF Jetty all the way to the Island of Doom. I tell you, that damn thing that mindef hires is really not seaworthy. One bang and it will sink!
The weather changes really fast in our sector. One minute is hot and sunny and 20 minutes later its suddenly dark and raining heavily. Quite fun when it rains, just that it gets really cold on our already cold boat!
One interesting sight: There was this boat, a sailboat, using sails that had the same design as ancient chinese junks! Even the boat shape was shaped similiarly to ancient chinese junks! Just that they were built with modern materials. It almost looked like a live exhibition of OCBC on the sea! We didn't spot check it because apparently, they had sailed all the way from Hong Kong! That's really skill man! RESPECT!
Then we crossed their paths unintentionally and our backwash like totally washed them out. Oops! They probably felt like they were in a washing machine doing tumble dry for a while!
Our patrol area is interesting in the sense that there is really alot of things to see. Changi Naval Base is nearby, and malaysia's naval base is just 4 nautical miles away. Then there's the island of pengeran, which malaysia puts a radio-telescope radar device that constantly scans at Singapore. Constantly! The thing is on high hill, so it can basically see across th whole of Singapore in one sweep. Talk about intelligence
Nevermind, our early warning radar system can help us scan all the way to Thailand in one sweep! Haha! Malaysia loses again! The DSO is really doing something good in this area I'd say! Heard that Malaysia kicks up a big fuss over our radar's "instrusive abilities".
I saw one Thai Frigate today, I think at least 10 VLCCs, 2 roros (The vessels that are used to carry our mercs, jags and ferraris from europe). Other than that, we had to monitor one malaysian navy ship coming in from the horsburgh lighthouse. The bastards at the malaysian navy! Nothing better to do send a warship to the Horsburgh Lighthouse! It is rightfully OURS!
Then they sent their own "polis" coast guard craft to the Horsburgh Lighthouse later for which we had to monitor the craft as well. The craft is even bigger than our mighty Coastal Patrol Craft. And armed to the teeth as well with an 8 inch artillery shell gun! But don't worry lar, we got the navy, our big brothers to back us up! Yeah!
Nevermind, they're so slow that we can easily beat their speed by 3 times! What we lose out in firepower, we make up in speed! Anyway, their boats look rather old and are filled with lots of slackers just sitting around the boat doing nothing. Their boat moves so slowly we can overtake tham from 10 nautical miles away! Cannot make it one man!
I think the Naval Diving Unit was deployed today. I saw one of their Landing Ship Crafts off the waters of Bedok Lighthouse. I think got some big case or some exercise. Well, if *choy* I ever drop a gun into the sea, they're the guys whose gonna help us find it and get us out of trouble! And besides, they help us retrieve dead bodies that we can't pick.
Speaking of dead bodies, Atek, my good computer-geek friend, has the "honor" of being the first in the entire police academy intake to pick up a dead body from the sea! He picked it up off the waters of Pulau Ubin. Some illegal immigrant that drowned when a smuggler threw him overboard after their craft had been spotted by the coast guard. He told me it was SO heavy, he needed like EIGHT people to help haul up the thing - it later tipped the scales at like 179 kg or something (bloated up + water) like that. Lucky on our 3rd Gen boats its not so difficult! Unlike his 2nd Gen boats at Seletar Base.
Then there was this should I say, idiot fishing in the waters of Changi Naval Base. Its PROTECTED WATERS. They can shoot you just for going in there accidentally. This bugger was FISHING! Worst! He had come back repeatedly to fish near the base after being warned and chased off by another coast guard patrol boat 4 times!
So this time, there was TWO boats deployed to shoo this guy away. Idiot man, tired of living, really want to die! Go and fish at Raffles Marina lah! Fish at a Navy Base there!
On a normal day, there is at the most only 1 case. Today, so many cases! So much things to do! But it was really fun since we had a really good crew set! As we worked, we talked about everything from politics to education, to money, to financial stuff to banking to economics to philosophy and of course to sex. (They talk about sex EVERYTIME, without fail!)
Our boat engine had some problems on the way back, so we could only crawl at a pitiful 20 knots! For a boat that is designed and build to go at 60 knots - making it the fastest vessel in Singaporean waters, going at 20 knots is like crawling! It took almost 45 minutes to reach back to base. But nevertheless, it was fun. So much fun that my crew commander requested that all of us be deployed to patrol the exact same area tomorrow, with exactly the same patrol area!
When I've got a good crew set. I really don't feel like going back from work. When I've got a crew set with a 1st gunner with an attitude problem. I can't wait to finish my shift! Just can't wait at all!
I'm really blessed. While everyone else is suffering on the Island of Doom, undergoing obedience training. I get to go on one of the fastest boats in the sea, I get to work on the SEA, I can use my police powers on land, I can rest when I'm tired, food is provided and I get to see a part of life that not many people see and I get to work with lots of nice people. NS in army where got such things one?
previous
I had a great jog yesterday. Ran just 3 rounds around my estate and enjoyed it thoroughly. Considering that I have not had a run for like 2 months, 3 rounds is quite an achievement for a guy whose never passed his Napfa/ippt offfically. Apparently, there's this pretty MGS girl who stays around my estate!
Nonsense man! How come so many ACS people, RJ people and MGS girls stay around my area? Too many to be a coincidence! Nonsense man I tell you! Worst! This is a pretty MGS girl! Can fight Mandy already!
Nonsense man I say NONSENSE!
boon leong
I caught up with BOON LEONG on icq last night. He's currently only one of the two students studying at the world famour MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY in Cambridge Massachusetts! Harvard is NEXT DOOR! I can't believe it. My good friend in Christian Fellowship, a lecture mate during Maths and F Maths lectures, a guy that I always help to play pranks with on Vicknesh and Jaesson is actually in the top university for engineering in America! WOW!
He's currently majoring in MATHEMATICS on a Public Service Commission Overseas Merit Scholarship. He's the 2nd top student in ACJC, after Winston Chin! And he's as humble as Winston is! He's a damn damn nice guy, he's very kind and he really loves God alot. He prayed for me just once during CF, after we had our 2nd most powerful encounter with God in ACJC and there was this Altar Call for everyone to go forward to be prayed for.
Well, he tells me the food at MIT sucks! Its worst than the food at Tekong apparently! And he tells me that the MIT campus is smaller than NUS'! He says he can't walk from one end of NUS to the other, but in MIT he can. BOON! Have you considered the WEATHER? Hahahah! I think his girlfriend went to Harvard or something, so they'll be together happily for the next 4 years in America! What a blessed guy indeed!
He'll be bonded for 6 years to the Public Service, and later, 2 years for the rest of his NS liability. Currently, he's in Officer Cadet School. What a achievement! That basically means he's got a guaranteed job till the age of 30! And he'll be back to teach mathematics at ACJC as well!
Can you imagine if your lecturer in ACJC is from MIT? Can fight all the lecturers in RJ and Hwa Chong combined already! Hello? its MIT! They offer the 2nd best Mathematics Undergraduate Course in America!
Boon is really talented. If Winston Chin's an all rounder. Then Boon is like the sharpened edge of Winston. He's not just good at one subject. He's a GENIUS at THREE! Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry! That doesn't happen everyday! Ok, his chinese sucks too lah (it was a C5 - but what to do - ACS BOY WHAT!). But he has EIGHT distinctions in the A levels! Also one of the elite 20 that can do 3 S Papers!
He won a mathematical olympiad at the age of 12! He writes about theoretical physics and professors at NUS take note! He works with Professors of mathematics at NUS to help them solve problems related to orthogonally n-sided n-dimension diagonalisation! (Cheem shit!) At the end of the day, he's still SO humble and doesn't mind you asking him "your hardest question" - which is like chicken feet for him.
Well, he's very nice to have given me a few links where I can download his tutorials! So now I can like practise on questions set in MIT as i hope to brush up on my mathematics before I enter university. Such a nice guy! And if I don't know, I can always ask him! Help from MIT! Wow!
Another ultra achiever. And he's from Christian Fellowship as well! Wow man! Everyone in CF is really blessed! Charles is going to OXFORD, Zi Ming is going Imperial on a Police Force Scholarship, Winston is President's Scholar, Kendrick is in the USP in NUS (6 distinctions!).. etc. The rest all have their miracles of their own. Even my entry into accountancy was really by the Grace of God I say.
So join CF and Serve God in ACJC! God will bless you back in your studies and grant you favor in NS! Even right now, I think all the guys in NS that were from CF are in rather "good" positions - either officers, or doing "senang" jobs like mine! Basically appointments/vocations that give us alot of time to pray.
Well, I wish my dear friend all the best in his life ahead! May God bless him always!
And yes, If I got to NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, I can always host a reunion for ALL the CF people! Everyone come to New York and meet up, drink coffee in a NYC CAFE and all the CF girls in England/Singapore/Australia can hop over for a HOLIDAY as well! Hahahaha! And we can all go to church together! Something which we've always wanted to do, but never got down to doing!
So I believe that even with this current batch of J2s from CF, like Don, Geoffrey, Tai Tuck.. etc I'm sure God will bless them richly as well. Even right now, the president, or should I say, former president, Tao Sun, has already won a schoarship to study medicine at the Chinese University of Hong Kong (The best in HK) - and he has not even sat for his A levels YET!
meeting
I'm meeting up with T Squared and L Squared Tomorrow at noon. Nonsense session I bet! But it'll be fun to see T Squared again... I have to catch up with a good friend!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home