Friday, August 29

Listening to Natalie Cole - L-O-V-E

return to barker

Did some grocery shopping at Tekka with mom as usual. By default, the mornings of my weekday night shift days will be spent helping mom getting groceries. Besides, I have to learn how to shop at the wet market, instead of just getting stuff at cold storage.

I went back to the newly renovated fortress on Dunearn Road. As I have to work on monday, I have to do my visitations today. The place has changed SO much since I was younger. Dad calls the whole campus a concrete jungle, but I'd prefer the term "labyrinth of stairs". There are like so many staircases throughout the whole complex. In the old barker road campus, the highest we'd go is level 3. Now there is a level 7!

I had a field day walking around the campus. It is really big, less stuffy, much less of an eyesore in terms of design than the old building. I paid a visit to my Primary 2 and 3 Maths teacher - Mrs Chee! She's been teaching maths at ACS for almost 35 years already. Today, I just happened to visit her when she was teaching my super junior primary school class - Primary 2C! She's been there so long, some of her former student's sons are in her class now!

Kids nowadays are so much more playful than my generation. Ours was already so playful. This one is really HAVOC! They can't sit still, keep talking and laughing and hitting each other. I really miss my days when I was a younger student in ACS. It was so carefree, so simple a life. Catching was the norm of the day. Just that the kids nowadays play catching in an airconditioned multi-purpose hall. Miss those days we'd run around the Coleman Street campus, and I'd fall ever so often and get cut - the numerous scars on my knees are testament to my crazier days.

Before I left, one of the kids asked me, "Do You have a girlfriend?". And this is coming for a primary 2 kid! My goodness! I just told the class, to wait 10 years, go to ACJC and when you're there, try to "see if any MGS girl likes you". With much laughter from Mrs Chee - whose also an old girl of MGS. Of course, the kids couldn't understand, but I'm sure they'll be "briefed on it" later in their ACSian life.

I won't go into the traditions of "going back to ACS". There's alot of "etiquette involved". I'll talk about it at another time. Other than that, I just greeted my primary 1 chinese teacher - LEE LAO SHI! I was her worst student basically so she could recall who I was in like no time at all. Nothing more, lots of familiar teachers, who wouldn't recognise me at all. Lots of new teachers in the primary school as well, a testament to how quickly time flies, indeed.

As for the secondary school, I only talked to my sec 4 physics teacher - Mrs Jane Choe. She was formerly a teacher in MGS as well. Siew Koon, my class girl, told me that when Mrs Choe left the school to teach at Barker, basically, quite alot of people in her class cried! "Best" thing was that when Mrs Choe, came over to Barker, practically the whole school didn't like her lessons!

But then again, she remembers me as the student who consistently fails to hand up her physics assignments and yet somehow, manages to scrape through with a C6 for every test and exam. I couldn't find my sec 4 chemistry teacher since was running around the place, but it was fun anyway just exploring the school.

School was was quite quiet today. They secondary school was dismissed at 11 and so everyone was running around the place after that time. The only interesting thing I saw was the teachers practising for a dance item they would be putting up on monday. Its always a dance item isn't it?

I think they should air-condition the canteen like in ACS(I), and then we could call it a high class cafeteria - similar to the likes of those in the City Link. The tables, chairs and layout are of such elegant design that you could easily mistake them for a swanky cafe. Most interesting sight would be the fact that most of the specialised rooms have their walls made out in their entirety of glass.

Rooms like the "Mathematics Enrichment Room", "Chinese Languange Room, "Music Room", "Learning Center" are stocked with many learning facilites that only the GEPs enjoyed during my time in ACS. Now its open to all. Even the library is made out of see through glass! Its really nice. ACS really has alot of money. They could even build a concert hall inside equipped with a specialized AVA room full of high end controllers!

Well, that's ACS. The future generation get better and better learning facilities and opportunities. Truly, the Best is Yet to Be! ACS FOREVER!

ACS FOREVER!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home