Sunday, August 24

Listening to Jamie Walters - How Do You Talk To An Angel?

for joline

Ya, go and print out that whole bunch on nonsensical stuff I wrote. Its not like I care about copyrights you know? Who'd want to print out stuff as silly as my blog entries?

It's more worthwhile to print out hotmail.com as a "good example of webpage design" rather than the thoughts of a semi-crazy maniac-depressive.

Besides, I wouldn't know right? And I wouldn't even care.

Ok. Not really my eye candy lar. Its just one of those girls that catch your attention every now and then when I walk past her in school. My eye candy is a girl that I always end up staring at during assembly is in the class next to mine. That's a very obvious hint already on who she is. Everyone knows her as "the cutest girl in the SC combi". Ok, every guy.

There was like this long queue of guys waiting to snap pictures with her after the prom. I think around 14 to 16 people. Plus a few other "lingering" in the background, not wanting to "join the queue" and look "silly".

I'm sure the hunk is JONATHAN TOH from BARKER! Its so obvious! I was in his class back in sec 1 and 2. He's a nice guy. Has a brother that looks very similar to him called Jeremy, was formerly from NJC as well.

I think CP is really happy to let Zi Ming win the scholarship! I'm sure he'd want it to go to an AC guy rather than an RJ person. Its quite a small world. Perhaps your dad could still "paka paka" connections to have you come in at ASP(2) and get promoted to DSP(2) wiithin three years.

The best units for faster-than-average promotions are the Police Coast Guard, the Special Operations Command and Central Police Division. Especially in Coast Guard. There are tonnes of SSI(2)s around. Every boat on the Coastal Patrol Squadron is commandeered by an ASP and an Inspector along with a Navigation Officer usually carrying the rank of SSI(2). They will die die try to promote you one so long as your performance is good and you don't get inovolved in any silly mistakes.

mei

mei! You poor girl! So stressed out! Take it easy ok? I know I can't really do much more than to encourage you here and there, but ya, I'll pray for you. Take care of your health ok? Don't neglect it by burying yourself in a pile of archaic books!

long day

I was diverted to do sentry duty at the base at the very last minute. And this was after i had helped to prepare the boat! Rahmat and Man had a field day laughing at me. I finally kena sentry duty already after avoiding it for an incredible 7 blocks! (A block is one day shift and one night shift).

Its a sunday, so no senior officers to come fry our ass. No cars going in and out. Nothing. So peaceful and quiet. Only the occasional delivery van for the food and a few of the other staff leaving later than normal. It was so quiet that the gate was just left closed most of the time.

I had a very nice guard commander who showed me how to do things related to sentry duty. Much better than being stuck on a stuffy boat with first gunners having big time attitude problems! Nothing much for duty. I think I opened the gate-barrier less than 10 times the whole of today.

I don't mind doing sentry on a sunday since its so quiet, peaceful and relaxed. But then again. I miss my opportunity to go to church! Felt miserable as the time passed by VERY slowly when I could be happily enjoying myself at church!

The most work I did was to help activate a water pump to get water pumped out of one of the very old coast guard boats that had water seeping into its accomodation room. My life is literally being wasted away taking care of a worthless base. Even though the boats are worth 5 million each. Its not worth wasting my time upon when I can better use the valuable time at church! Who gives a damn about 60 million dollars worth of aluminium when you can go meet up with God Himself right?

Its quite slack on sentry duty. Not as tough as I thought it was. I only needed to work from 9a.m till about 3p.m and then I could go to the changing room to rest till 8 in the evening! I couldn't sleep though. Just didn't feel "tired enough" and so I ended up wandering around the pathetic excuse of a base with my gun and telescopic nightstick.

Its interesting to note that they issued us telescopic nightsticks, which are normally used by undercover officers and the CID. We've been trained to use the T-Baton in Tracom and somehow, they give us a pathetic retractable baton that cisco guards use! Nonsense man!

Its really so boring at the base today that I ended up reading through yesterday's newpaper, today, streats and straitstimes. As well as today's Straits Times, Newpaper. That didn't end there, I ended up picking up this old copy of Today from the sentry dustbin to read! Its was quite clean and dry basically, so nothing to worry about when it comes to germs. Goes to show how boring things can be. I'm literally killing myself by wasting my time on a scale like this.

A good thing about sentry duty is that I can knock off early. When I would normally leave the base close to 10 when I'm on normal patrol. I can go home at about 8.50 when I'm on sentry. If everything goes well and I can adapt to the system, I might just consider being a permanent sentry.

Train in police academy for 4 months, train with coast guard for 3 months. Only to end up guarding the gate! Nonsense man! And they claim that there's not enough manpower! I think the people deploying SCs really has a big time disdain for us and gives us all the worst jobs to do.

Screwed up man the people. All I need is a Ph.D. Sign on as a senior officer and go and SCREW all of them back! Hahahaha! They won't complain when a DSP screws them upside down. Let them feel how all the NSmen feel!

bar top dancing

Wow. So the actual driving force behind the liberalisation of bar top dancing was by a bunch of horny old men who only wanted more upskirt opportunities? I can't believe this man! I think we're just a really desperate society one way or another. Desperate for love, popularity, money, grades, friends, etc. Oh did I mention sex as well? TLC once told me we mirror Japan as a society in many ways. We work hard, we study hard, we are in rather conservative societies and we are really deprived. Her parting shot was this:

"Think about it, they're really quite rough with their women in bed. What makes you think about Singapore men? Who go through army to be even more macho and so that they can 'last longer'?"

With GP teachers like these, you don't need to listen to politcal bull anymore. I mean, when the infamous JCguide.org website was up. Somehow the forum "the alternative sex education" had like close to 10 000 posts when the next one was in the range of "4000" posts relating to why the spinning electron acts like a magnet.

I have come to the honest conclusion. That really, Singaporean guys are only "behaving themselves" thanks to "our draconian law system of justice" and if given an opportunity, we'd more or less end up like Japan - which legalises child pornography, millions of "adult entertainment" joints and a whole "underground culture of sex". No?

One of the conservative muslim guys that was on sentry duty commented that if the newpaper needs to print an upskirt shot of a woman dancing on the bar top. Its goes to show how low its standards of proper journalism can be. Its really just a trashy tabloid that is only popular no thanks to 10 pages o EPL coverage!

Please lah. I think that is such a cheap thrill. Do women really want attention by exposing their undies for all the men to see? Perhaps that's true, but I think that since majority of our society is still quite conservative - the clubbing/crazy parying ones still just a cliched minority. I don't think such assertions by a trashy tabloid hold much water. If any, in the first place.

Ever heard of the "theory of a calculated zao geng?". It was formulated by one of the most brilliant ACSians I've met in my life. I won't say who. But he just basically says that sometimes, girls purposefully 'zao geng" to gain the attention of a particular boy/guy/gay. Thinking about it from his perspective, why not? I don't know the psychology behind it, but it just "feels right". No its not prof. Wang although Prof. Wang happens to talk about sex like 76% the time. He's not into such "cheap stuff". Or putting it honestly. "No kick lar".

publicity campaign on LHL

So, our Senior Minister's son is the "right person" to succeed the post of "leading the country". But apparently, he suffers from some "pr crisis" that people see him as "no nonsense" and "unapproachable". I don't think its with the image of his father. Moreover, I think its an image directly associated with the ruling People's Action Party.

Overseas and foreign political observers would take note that our political hierarchy is strictly and tightly limited to a select few people of the "right calibre for the top job". And given the PAP's "iron-fisted" rule for the past 40 years, never ceding a General Election. It might be harder to separate the fact and the fiction in this case.

I was quite surprised about the sudden "PR Campaign" about our future PM in the Straits Times. Obviously, someone is manipulating things behind the scenes to give the public a "better perception" of our future PM. Perhaps that's what Chee Soon Juan and Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretname often complain about:Skewed coverage of Poltical Leaders.

It might be true considering their point. Chee and Jeyaretnam have always been in the news for their transgressions whilst our leaders are in the news for the "right reasons" and "wise decisions they have made". AFter all, Tang Liang Hong only lost most of his support base when the papers publicly labelled him an "anti-christian chinese chauvinist".

According to Singapreans for Democracy, they claim that every person wielding some form of significant power is more or less related to the Lee family. Foreing Political observers note that this could be a form of "democratic dictatorship" since even if by a miracle Chee Soon Juan becomes PM. All the current PAP-Sponsered Gahmen organisations will not work hand in hand with him in a bid to discredit his government's ability.

So let's say J.B Jeyaretnam calls for a change in some policy. The judiciary might not agree. The government organisation, i.e HDB, LTA, URA..etc might pretend to have "temporary difficulties" in putting his ideas into place. Singaporeans, normally being unable to wait, will grow impatient with the opposition government. Likely chances are that the "opposition" PAP at that time will use such factors to discredit the current government. Get a vote of no-confidence to kick them out of parliament and then regain control in an "invisible coup".

Politics is boring, yet interesting. Its like a game of chess where people carefully plot two games. One by moving the obvious peices and one by moving the unobtrusive pieces in the hope of a sudden checkmate. Its like a royal assassin planning his attack to kill a duke. Lots of backstabbing. Plenty in ACJC. PLENTY.

Singapore Politics is really interesting, if you look at the "What Ifs" and the "How Ifs". Rather than just the "current political scene". Speculation can be a fun way to build up your own creativity!

creativity, entrepreneurship, foregn talent
words unfamiliar yet familiar in their sting
phrases often coined and tossed about
into an oblivious crowd of unbelieving
unembracing
its your fault, they like to say
but then again
could it be Yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home