Listening to United LIVE - Free
for mei
The TalkingCock.com voting thing is just a joke. They're just trying to gun for a satirical version of our national day awards. I think the best ultimate quote is really from that Philip Tan, the Ex-Chairman of the EDB.
"A Degree qualifies you to wash test tubes, a Master's Degree makes you an advanced test tube washer. A Ph.D makes you an ordinary worker"
No doubt he is trying to stress on the fact that a Ph.D is really a necessity in the research and development area. But by his words, we can very well know the attitudes of all this government run organisations! Think! Driving Centers, HDB, LTA, URA... EDB, Economic Review Board, Remaking Singapore Board. Their attitude is more or less similar. To put it honestly.
I think they're attitude is absolutely __________ up. Such nonchalance and junior-bashing will only be the dearth of our country.
shouting out as well to Shu
Just look at NUS. Another gahmen linked university (GLU). A girl with FOUR A's and a Distinction in S Paper for Chemistry qualifies for The UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON, which is OBVIOUSLY better than NUS, and yet gets rejected from NUS. Tremendously stupid I think! I think their admissions board is damn blind. Its obvious that they should let her in and ask her to retake her SAT. Not everyone does well on the first try. Most people peak on the 2nd or even 3rd attempt.
Oh its, just the loss of "one doctor" only. No harm to the "statistics".
Another way of wasting our precious talent. I think the gahmen has got one more quitter then and there who will end up practising medicine in London instead of Singapore. Who knows, she might even switch citizenship! Think! We talk a whole pile of hogwash about staying/quitting. But if you're going to shut out stayers just like that. Then, they can only blame themselves.
As for GSSQ. I don't know him personally. I just read on his blog alot. Love his writing. Its the honest, reflective, analytical writing with all the complexities of English. Even by reading it, I can say that the comprehension level required is very deep. Besides, I seem to share similar viewpoints on him on various political issues, exception being religion. =)
I ended up on his site after a bunch of ACJC boys told me that "there's an rjc guy who comments on his blog about girls who zaogeng in his school". Not a bad introduction indeed. Do a search on "Zao Geng" on google and his site will be amongst the top 10 I think! I think he remarked on his blog as well that "people who search for zao geng on google somehow always end up on my site" In the end, his site is more on funny musings and rantings than on such perverted stuff. =)
Ah, memories of the old canteen...
for XIN
Thanks for forgiving me. Please don't go kill your brother. He said that almost FIVE years ago! I doubt he'll even remember it! Anyway, if granted the opportunity, I will certainly find you and chat you up in school.
Expected Time of Arrival: Three weeks. It'll be a Friday.
Yes, your relief History Teacher is probably the Holiest Person I know in my age group in my entire life. If not for him, I wouldn't even be bothered A BIT about God now. Church is one thing, you can go through the motions. But Charles has really helped to prop up my faltering faith when I was crumbling. So thank God for a person like him.
He's one person you should have as a friend. Because he is really a true friend.
the break up of my cell group
Today, I had my last cellgroup with my current cellgroup. We'll all be broken up into various other cellgroups in church after this. So sad. It has been great growing with them.
When I started, I was the guy who couldn't be bothered about cell group meetings, couldn't be bothered about bible study. But now, I'm more passionate for God. Perhaps not to a great degree, but there's a change in the right and positive direction. A pity that most of my spiritual growth occured in the last few months.
Even after the life changing CF Camp in 2001, I still wasn't so bothered about God in JC2. But since NS, when quite a sizable number of Christians tend to backslide in their faith, I can say honestly that I have become stronger.
I won't give up. I'll fight satan all the way till I reach Heaven!
As usual, I'm not in the picture...
blood stained brow
arms nailed down
sides pierced through
crown of thorns
feet nailed through
scourged and mocked
spit and spat upon
bleeding till death
painful a reality
all this You did for me
so that I could be FREE!
for mei
The TalkingCock.com voting thing is just a joke. They're just trying to gun for a satirical version of our national day awards. I think the best ultimate quote is really from that Philip Tan, the Ex-Chairman of the EDB.
"A Degree qualifies you to wash test tubes, a Master's Degree makes you an advanced test tube washer. A Ph.D makes you an ordinary worker"
No doubt he is trying to stress on the fact that a Ph.D is really a necessity in the research and development area. But by his words, we can very well know the attitudes of all this government run organisations! Think! Driving Centers, HDB, LTA, URA... EDB, Economic Review Board, Remaking Singapore Board. Their attitude is more or less similar. To put it honestly.
I think they're attitude is absolutely __________ up. Such nonchalance and junior-bashing will only be the dearth of our country.
shouting out as well to Shu
Just look at NUS. Another gahmen linked university (GLU). A girl with FOUR A's and a Distinction in S Paper for Chemistry qualifies for The UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON, which is OBVIOUSLY better than NUS, and yet gets rejected from NUS. Tremendously stupid I think! I think their admissions board is damn blind. Its obvious that they should let her in and ask her to retake her SAT. Not everyone does well on the first try. Most people peak on the 2nd or even 3rd attempt.
Oh its, just the loss of "one doctor" only. No harm to the "statistics".
Another way of wasting our precious talent. I think the gahmen has got one more quitter then and there who will end up practising medicine in London instead of Singapore. Who knows, she might even switch citizenship! Think! We talk a whole pile of hogwash about staying/quitting. But if you're going to shut out stayers just like that. Then, they can only blame themselves.
As for GSSQ. I don't know him personally. I just read on his blog alot. Love his writing. Its the honest, reflective, analytical writing with all the complexities of English. Even by reading it, I can say that the comprehension level required is very deep. Besides, I seem to share similar viewpoints on him on various political issues, exception being religion. =)
I ended up on his site after a bunch of ACJC boys told me that "there's an rjc guy who comments on his blog about girls who zaogeng in his school". Not a bad introduction indeed. Do a search on "Zao Geng" on google and his site will be amongst the top 10 I think! I think he remarked on his blog as well that "people who search for zao geng on google somehow always end up on my site" In the end, his site is more on funny musings and rantings than on such perverted stuff. =)
Ah, memories of the old canteen...
for XIN
Thanks for forgiving me. Please don't go kill your brother. He said that almost FIVE years ago! I doubt he'll even remember it! Anyway, if granted the opportunity, I will certainly find you and chat you up in school.
Expected Time of Arrival: Three weeks. It'll be a Friday.
Yes, your relief History Teacher is probably the Holiest Person I know in my age group in my entire life. If not for him, I wouldn't even be bothered A BIT about God now. Church is one thing, you can go through the motions. But Charles has really helped to prop up my faltering faith when I was crumbling. So thank God for a person like him.
He's one person you should have as a friend. Because he is really a true friend.
the break up of my cell group
Today, I had my last cellgroup with my current cellgroup. We'll all be broken up into various other cellgroups in church after this. So sad. It has been great growing with them.
When I started, I was the guy who couldn't be bothered about cell group meetings, couldn't be bothered about bible study. But now, I'm more passionate for God. Perhaps not to a great degree, but there's a change in the right and positive direction. A pity that most of my spiritual growth occured in the last few months.
Even after the life changing CF Camp in 2001, I still wasn't so bothered about God in JC2. But since NS, when quite a sizable number of Christians tend to backslide in their faith, I can say honestly that I have become stronger.
I won't give up. I'll fight satan all the way till I reach Heaven!

As usual, I'm not in the picture...
blood stained brow
arms nailed down
sides pierced through
crown of thorns
feet nailed through
scourged and mocked
spit and spat upon
bleeding till death
painful a reality
all this You did for me
so that I could be FREE!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home