Listening to Positivity - Suede
Yes the morning is for you
yes the air is free
Yes the word spins for you
And your positivity!
ranting about girls (II) + more commentary about mei's commentary
Oh ya, don't get confused. If I use the term "brother" its really my good buddy. If the word "brother" is prefixed by "my" then its my family brother! Don't get mixed up
Ok, I realise that I didn't finish my commentary just now, so I'll add on to it. Its so weird. When I'm on duty the time passes SO SLOWLY, when I'm having an off day, it just whizzes by faster than a bullet train. I wish it were the other way around though.
Hmmmm.... I'm not sure if this is correct: Apparently, Ash likes the likes of NORAH JONES! Hahahah! This is like the first time I've found someone who actually appreciates her music? As in slow, tired sounding and sleepy jazz. Something you'd get off a musical in Chicago. Hmmm... Would she take a liking unto mack the knife and ain't that a kick in the head? Would she consider to listening to the Jazz from the 1920s? Those were the golden ages of Jazz in America! Jazz is such a wonderful expression in music! Oh well, just get a couple of Russian hackers to flood her mailbox with a couple of jazz mp3 tunes...Heh.
Please dont' start with the first line of fly me to the moon. Movies can be such rip offs nowadays.
On a lame thought, does Ashley listen to Ash? sometimes it happens...oh sometimes (How ironic songs by Ash can be!)
the complex mathematics
Actually, I used to hate maths. No kidding. I was supposed to have thrown A Maths aside in june Sec 3 but just pushed through with it. I hated maths. I couldn't even understand Logarithms! Now I have to say that I am not exactly a very smart person, although I hang out with lots of very smart people (Boon, Zi Ming, T Squared, Lester, James, the Viets...etc).
I just somehow decided to do F Maths "for fun" during my first 3 months and somehow.. it just stuck! When I think of it, it would have been better going to ARTS instead of science. Why the rush for Biology-Related courses? Its just a hyped up herd mentality! To do ARTS really requires brilliance, foresight, predictive inference and fortitude. I read the maths used in Biology and I can laugh. I read the unseen poetry in the exams I can can't figure out what they're even trying to speak.. something like:
quietness without peace
silence with noise
difference in similarity
simplicity in complexity
noise with sunlight
And I'm just so stunned as to how to interepret such things? Use of oxymorons? Use of light and darkness? How about repititive tones? How about the issue of "conflicting personality"? It can just go on and on depending on person. See? Maths is like so neat and well defined whilst arts is so broad... So creative... so open to interpretation. That's what I like. No point being stuck in a stuffy box when there's a huge field to roam about in!
I wish I could write better. I wish I could use simple words but yet bring for complex interepretations from different angles, or mathematically speaking - dimensions. I don't understand why sometimes, mathematicians have to give complex names to simple things. I.e: "The Argument of the 3rd Ordered Differential Equations of Unity in the 4th Dimension of imaginary polynomials" is simply used to mean the angle between two lines of intersection in an imaginary "work space" of 4 dimensions. Cheap Thrill man!
The art of expression in maths is to confuse people! The art of expression in ARTS is a valuable possession in writing.
girls
Ok, I had a typo for Tiff's name! Its actually TT.. As in "Tee Tee". We couln't rename her another "T Squared" as that would make for confusion and "T cubed" wasn't exactly deserving of an ARTs girl...
Brother says she's very nice... As in the sort that looks damn dao but is quite approachable and doesn't play "diplomatic rag and tag mind games with boys" (once again, a cheem artsy statement from brother - power man!) Oh ya, she spends quite alot of time hanging around in Far East. You can go spot her at Orchard on a normal schoolday at about 9.30 in the evening.
Well, I don't think she's my type of girl. For one, she can probably run faster than me.. If not... Swim faster as well! I'm not so much on the sports side. Prefer the more "sedentiary activities" like "sedentiary activities". I think brother's other class babe, ADEY, is more idealistic in the shopping-partying-playing-joking kind of girl. The type that most ACS guys would go for. I've never seen TT laugh before. Never. Always has that "rigid stoned face of calmness beholding a wind of a storm".
Ok and somehow, this Pei Shan has some "theory of pictures" surrounding her - as in, she doesn't look god in photos and "I should come down to school and take a good look myself but most likely you've seen her walking around in school already". Well, some things just won't change. Wonder what Ivan thinks.
Brother is not studying for his prelims even though he got retained once already! That's why he's HAPPILY talking about girls to me. I think if it goes on I'll have to hijack his computer and crash it, so that he might go hit his books. Won't want my brother to waste 3 years in the coolest JC in country even through it all.
porn star?
Ok. Let's see who this girl from 1AA2 that the class of 2AA2 calls "porn star". She's some Sheryl or something.. Some low profile girl that keeps her head low and doesn't stick out. I mean, to have such a nickname (not codename) is already... to put it mildly... quite power lor. Tsk Tsk. Interesting Theory. I'll go find out more one of these days.
quiet day
As usual, its a quiet day for me. Got my hair cut. It looks like an army recruits haircut that has been given about a months' time to grow. Not too long, not to short. Just about right. But given a choice I wouldn't. I'm just fortunate that in police we don't need to mantain a 4 by 2 for our entire length of service.
Don't ever believe the myth that "Short hair is cooler". Its hotter! Think how your skin hair stand on end when you're cold.. Its to trap heat. Likewise, the short spiky hair of any army recruit is hotter than long hair! I've had short hair most of my life and I HATE IT! When I go to NYU I'm not cutting my hair for 4 years! Big Afro man hairstyle yeah!
Army personnel love to say that "short hair is hygienic". Its a stupid reason. Might as well say that low marks in the exam are better! Its not how long or short your hair is, but how well you take care of it that matters! Can't imagine how lame the instructors in the army can be at times.
Gotta prepare to rush off to church later - got some bible study and stuff. I can't wait to get my own car and drive it around. Then I won't need to walk to the station (20 mins), wait for the train (10 mins), take the train (20 mins), wait for the bus (15 mins), take the bus (20 mins) and walk to church (5 mins). I can better use my time and money instead of wasting it on a "word class transport system". Its a half an hour leisurely drive to church. But a 1 and a 1/2 hour journy by train and bus.
But really, learning driving in Singapore really sucks big time. All the driving centers are run by people with big time attitude problem an NOBODY seems to be able to do anything about their stuck up attitude of high and mightiness!
I really really ought to go set up a private driving center with instructors that have been vetted based on their personality and ability to teach. Make all the other driving centers bankrupt! And I'll charge half price! See how the government run ones fight me! I can't stand how legalistically run these government run driving centers are. Seriously screwed up.
But think about it. Singapore's not exactly a nice place to drive in. You've got the LTA, URA and HDB in cahoots to erect more ERP gantries around the island. They are taking such a wise gamble indeed. They are taking advantage of the fact that the easily frustrated and impatient Singaporean driver is more likely to pay them $$$ in order to use so called "express routes home" instead of going via the "long way" of narrow, easily congested, but non chargeable roads on their way home!
Smart asses! Or should I say? Indirect Tax rippers?
And then there's the Scheming public transport council, who supposedly "looks out in the best interest of the consumer" by approving "reasonable fare price increases". Rubbish! They're more of a rubber stamping organisation with the ultimate aim to suck the people dry of money. Cars are so expensive already, so people have really no choice but to take public transport. And its such a good way to squeeze the commuters and increase revenues claiming "increased operational costs".
Come on lar, when SBS cuts and redirects bus services that "duplicate the route of the NEL". Everyone knows that they're just out to SQUEEZE you of your money! The same thing happened when the woodlands line came out.. So it should come as no surprise I'd say. Besides, you don't exactly get courteous drivers in Singapore, Especially the Taxi drivers, who behave like "vessels restricted in ability to maneuvre" and expect all road users to give way to them! Just see how Singaporeans behave in a traffic jam. Squeeze here Squeeze there. Jump queue and switch lanes with no due regard to safety. So much for the "BASIC THEORY of DRIVING. Worthless manual. Its so boring I fell asleep reading it! Even physics lecture with Daniel Khor is more interesting than that pathetic excuse of a manual! "Official" enough to be boring. So I think "official" = boring.
Some people say I ought to be a politician, but seriously I can't imagine myself sitting on the PAP bench full of RI people! Besides, my thought process is different from most other peoples. In addition, I tend to say wrong things =>Kena sue for "defamation". And I don't connect well with the 'heartlanders' since i can't even speak proper chinese! There's a long way to go in our island state. Long way indeed. I think if Chee Soon Juan actually stopped protesting about the lack of democracy and came up with a sensible and sizable economic plan to restructure the economy and provide instant jobs.. People would automatically vote him into parliament. And he'll have a field day banging all the PAP people whenever he's in parliament.
So Chee, if you're somehow reading this, stop accusing the Gahmen and start working on solutions that people want to see from their politicians. "Plates are not getting bigger.. Fish are just getting smaller." Sound familar, no? And ya, quit it with the "democratic dictatorship" thing! Its so obvious to western political observers and Singaporeans alike. "Climate of fear" is a great shooting point. But ya, its quite obvious why you can't use that. "Defamation"
Oooo.. I'm stepping on lots of toes here... I think the ISD is watching me now I think. I'll be content not to drive. But to be driven around! Driving lessons anyone? From REALLY screwed up "driving centers" full of weird old men wearing blue overalls that can't find alternative jobs and can't teach such that they themselves can at least hit a student-passing-percentage of just 50%? I got the figures from the MHA website. The highest is 48.25% for a driving instructor. That means, on average, for every 10 students, 7 will fail! What the hell man? Either one cannot teach, or the traffic police is out to "fail as many people as possible" or we're all just screwed up lousy drivers? Which one? You decide.
To lighten up the mood, here's a picture
The truth is. One of the ACJC guys that I know put this whole thing up as an elaborate hoax/joke for Mok Kwang How (Presidents of 26th Student's Council). New Paper, once again reporting TRASH! I won't delve into the html here or whatsoever since I know that all readers are good with such stuff. Apparently, the reporter is so stupid she can't even understand how such things work. (Oops, that's really pride, but have to bang the newpaper mah!)
Yes the morning is for you
yes the air is free
Yes the word spins for you
And your positivity!
ranting about girls (II) + more commentary about mei's commentary
Oh ya, don't get confused. If I use the term "brother" its really my good buddy. If the word "brother" is prefixed by "my" then its my family brother! Don't get mixed up
Ok, I realise that I didn't finish my commentary just now, so I'll add on to it. Its so weird. When I'm on duty the time passes SO SLOWLY, when I'm having an off day, it just whizzes by faster than a bullet train. I wish it were the other way around though.
Hmmmm.... I'm not sure if this is correct: Apparently, Ash likes the likes of NORAH JONES! Hahahah! This is like the first time I've found someone who actually appreciates her music? As in slow, tired sounding and sleepy jazz. Something you'd get off a musical in Chicago. Hmmm... Would she take a liking unto mack the knife and ain't that a kick in the head? Would she consider to listening to the Jazz from the 1920s? Those were the golden ages of Jazz in America! Jazz is such a wonderful expression in music! Oh well, just get a couple of Russian hackers to flood her mailbox with a couple of jazz mp3 tunes...Heh.
Please dont' start with the first line of fly me to the moon. Movies can be such rip offs nowadays.
On a lame thought, does Ashley listen to Ash? sometimes it happens...oh sometimes (How ironic songs by Ash can be!)
the complex mathematics
Actually, I used to hate maths. No kidding. I was supposed to have thrown A Maths aside in june Sec 3 but just pushed through with it. I hated maths. I couldn't even understand Logarithms! Now I have to say that I am not exactly a very smart person, although I hang out with lots of very smart people (Boon, Zi Ming, T Squared, Lester, James, the Viets...etc).
I just somehow decided to do F Maths "for fun" during my first 3 months and somehow.. it just stuck! When I think of it, it would have been better going to ARTS instead of science. Why the rush for Biology-Related courses? Its just a hyped up herd mentality! To do ARTS really requires brilliance, foresight, predictive inference and fortitude. I read the maths used in Biology and I can laugh. I read the unseen poetry in the exams I can can't figure out what they're even trying to speak.. something like:
quietness without peace
silence with noise
difference in similarity
simplicity in complexity
noise with sunlight
And I'm just so stunned as to how to interepret such things? Use of oxymorons? Use of light and darkness? How about repititive tones? How about the issue of "conflicting personality"? It can just go on and on depending on person. See? Maths is like so neat and well defined whilst arts is so broad... So creative... so open to interpretation. That's what I like. No point being stuck in a stuffy box when there's a huge field to roam about in!
I wish I could write better. I wish I could use simple words but yet bring for complex interepretations from different angles, or mathematically speaking - dimensions. I don't understand why sometimes, mathematicians have to give complex names to simple things. I.e: "The Argument of the 3rd Ordered Differential Equations of Unity in the 4th Dimension of imaginary polynomials" is simply used to mean the angle between two lines of intersection in an imaginary "work space" of 4 dimensions. Cheap Thrill man!
The art of expression in maths is to confuse people! The art of expression in ARTS is a valuable possession in writing.
girls
Ok, I had a typo for Tiff's name! Its actually TT.. As in "Tee Tee". We couln't rename her another "T Squared" as that would make for confusion and "T cubed" wasn't exactly deserving of an ARTs girl...
Brother says she's very nice... As in the sort that looks damn dao but is quite approachable and doesn't play "diplomatic rag and tag mind games with boys" (once again, a cheem artsy statement from brother - power man!) Oh ya, she spends quite alot of time hanging around in Far East. You can go spot her at Orchard on a normal schoolday at about 9.30 in the evening.
Well, I don't think she's my type of girl. For one, she can probably run faster than me.. If not... Swim faster as well! I'm not so much on the sports side. Prefer the more "sedentiary activities" like "sedentiary activities". I think brother's other class babe, ADEY, is more idealistic in the shopping-partying-playing-joking kind of girl. The type that most ACS guys would go for. I've never seen TT laugh before. Never. Always has that "rigid stoned face of calmness beholding a wind of a storm".
Ok and somehow, this Pei Shan has some "theory of pictures" surrounding her - as in, she doesn't look god in photos and "I should come down to school and take a good look myself but most likely you've seen her walking around in school already". Well, some things just won't change. Wonder what Ivan thinks.
Brother is not studying for his prelims even though he got retained once already! That's why he's HAPPILY talking about girls to me. I think if it goes on I'll have to hijack his computer and crash it, so that he might go hit his books. Won't want my brother to waste 3 years in the coolest JC in country even through it all.
porn star?
Ok. Let's see who this girl from 1AA2 that the class of 2AA2 calls "porn star". She's some Sheryl or something.. Some low profile girl that keeps her head low and doesn't stick out. I mean, to have such a nickname (not codename) is already... to put it mildly... quite power lor. Tsk Tsk. Interesting Theory. I'll go find out more one of these days.
quiet day
As usual, its a quiet day for me. Got my hair cut. It looks like an army recruits haircut that has been given about a months' time to grow. Not too long, not to short. Just about right. But given a choice I wouldn't. I'm just fortunate that in police we don't need to mantain a 4 by 2 for our entire length of service.
Don't ever believe the myth that "Short hair is cooler". Its hotter! Think how your skin hair stand on end when you're cold.. Its to trap heat. Likewise, the short spiky hair of any army recruit is hotter than long hair! I've had short hair most of my life and I HATE IT! When I go to NYU I'm not cutting my hair for 4 years! Big Afro man hairstyle yeah!
Army personnel love to say that "short hair is hygienic". Its a stupid reason. Might as well say that low marks in the exam are better! Its not how long or short your hair is, but how well you take care of it that matters! Can't imagine how lame the instructors in the army can be at times.
Gotta prepare to rush off to church later - got some bible study and stuff. I can't wait to get my own car and drive it around. Then I won't need to walk to the station (20 mins), wait for the train (10 mins), take the train (20 mins), wait for the bus (15 mins), take the bus (20 mins) and walk to church (5 mins). I can better use my time and money instead of wasting it on a "word class transport system". Its a half an hour leisurely drive to church. But a 1 and a 1/2 hour journy by train and bus.
But really, learning driving in Singapore really sucks big time. All the driving centers are run by people with big time attitude problem an NOBODY seems to be able to do anything about their stuck up attitude of high and mightiness!
I really really ought to go set up a private driving center with instructors that have been vetted based on their personality and ability to teach. Make all the other driving centers bankrupt! And I'll charge half price! See how the government run ones fight me! I can't stand how legalistically run these government run driving centers are. Seriously screwed up.
But think about it. Singapore's not exactly a nice place to drive in. You've got the LTA, URA and HDB in cahoots to erect more ERP gantries around the island. They are taking such a wise gamble indeed. They are taking advantage of the fact that the easily frustrated and impatient Singaporean driver is more likely to pay them $$$ in order to use so called "express routes home" instead of going via the "long way" of narrow, easily congested, but non chargeable roads on their way home!
Smart asses! Or should I say? Indirect Tax rippers?
And then there's the Scheming public transport council, who supposedly "looks out in the best interest of the consumer" by approving "reasonable fare price increases". Rubbish! They're more of a rubber stamping organisation with the ultimate aim to suck the people dry of money. Cars are so expensive already, so people have really no choice but to take public transport. And its such a good way to squeeze the commuters and increase revenues claiming "increased operational costs".
Come on lar, when SBS cuts and redirects bus services that "duplicate the route of the NEL". Everyone knows that they're just out to SQUEEZE you of your money! The same thing happened when the woodlands line came out.. So it should come as no surprise I'd say. Besides, you don't exactly get courteous drivers in Singapore, Especially the Taxi drivers, who behave like "vessels restricted in ability to maneuvre" and expect all road users to give way to them! Just see how Singaporeans behave in a traffic jam. Squeeze here Squeeze there. Jump queue and switch lanes with no due regard to safety. So much for the "BASIC THEORY of DRIVING. Worthless manual. Its so boring I fell asleep reading it! Even physics lecture with Daniel Khor is more interesting than that pathetic excuse of a manual! "Official" enough to be boring. So I think "official" = boring.
Some people say I ought to be a politician, but seriously I can't imagine myself sitting on the PAP bench full of RI people! Besides, my thought process is different from most other peoples. In addition, I tend to say wrong things =>Kena sue for "defamation". And I don't connect well with the 'heartlanders' since i can't even speak proper chinese! There's a long way to go in our island state. Long way indeed. I think if Chee Soon Juan actually stopped protesting about the lack of democracy and came up with a sensible and sizable economic plan to restructure the economy and provide instant jobs.. People would automatically vote him into parliament. And he'll have a field day banging all the PAP people whenever he's in parliament.
So Chee, if you're somehow reading this, stop accusing the Gahmen and start working on solutions that people want to see from their politicians. "Plates are not getting bigger.. Fish are just getting smaller." Sound familar, no? And ya, quit it with the "democratic dictatorship" thing! Its so obvious to western political observers and Singaporeans alike. "Climate of fear" is a great shooting point. But ya, its quite obvious why you can't use that. "Defamation"
Oooo.. I'm stepping on lots of toes here... I think the ISD is watching me now I think. I'll be content not to drive. But to be driven around! Driving lessons anyone? From REALLY screwed up "driving centers" full of weird old men wearing blue overalls that can't find alternative jobs and can't teach such that they themselves can at least hit a student-passing-percentage of just 50%? I got the figures from the MHA website. The highest is 48.25% for a driving instructor. That means, on average, for every 10 students, 7 will fail! What the hell man? Either one cannot teach, or the traffic police is out to "fail as many people as possible" or we're all just screwed up lousy drivers? Which one? You decide.
To lighten up the mood, here's a picture

The truth is. One of the ACJC guys that I know put this whole thing up as an elaborate hoax/joke for Mok Kwang How (Presidents of 26th Student's Council). New Paper, once again reporting TRASH! I won't delve into the html here or whatsoever since I know that all readers are good with such stuff. Apparently, the reporter is so stupid she can't even understand how such things work. (Oops, that's really pride, but have to bang the newpaper mah!)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home