running around like a dog
Somehow today, I ended up coming to base late. I guess taking my own sweet time to eat breakfast and dad taking a leisurely drive were part of the reason. I came so late that my crew commander called me to check to see if I was coming!
Worst, somehow, the other SC who was supposed to help in the preparation of the patrol boat came even later! 7.45a.m, all the other boats were prepared. Ours did not even have the door unlocked!
So basically, I ran around the base like a mad dog, shuffling stuff along the jetty, much to the amusement of the various sentries. One of the guys from the Technical Command, the unit that services the boat, kindly offered to help me start the engine and do all the icky bitsy dirty stuff for me. Well, for that, have to thank God. If not, I would have never been able to get the boat ready for patrol.
Somehow during the briefing, I recieved word that the boat I had semi-prepared would be down for today. In the end, I had to rush out of the briefing room to start lugging all the various stuff from one boat to the other. Worst, its from one side of the jetty to the other.
5.5 million dollar boat?
Trust me, nobody likes to cross 5 boats tied together side by side at one go. Its not only unsteady, you'd never know when you might just lose your footing and fall into the sea. For me, I don't mind falling into the sea. At the most, I'll be wet. But my HANDPHONE! Can cry if it falls into the sea man.
The so called "back up boat" was one that was full of problems as well. The generator kept tripping, the engines gave major alerts, the gyro-compass had an error of 60 degrees! And the radar was spoilt! What the hell? How to patrol using such a boat? Not to mention, our freshwater was low, since we didn't have sufficient time to refill it and our water pumps were not working properly.
The toilet too, was one of squalor and stank terribly. As though the formaldehyde fumes were not bad enough. A visit to the toilet would equal a whiff of chemical warfare agents.
lazy slackers
My crew commander and the whole entire crew set were damn lazy! 9 a.m and they had already gone to the accomdation to sleep! What the hell? Coast Guard pay regulars so much money to sleep on a badly mantained 5.5 million dollar boat?
It ended up that my crew commander was also half dead and he ended up dozing off to sleep while on active duty! It left me to steer the boat wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted! Hahahah! Our area of patrol, the sea off Changi Naval Base is a restricted area, so basically there are no ships around. I can happily steer here and there and speed off around the place with no worries about any other vessels.
"That's an Indian Warship, see? So much smoke... Cook curry until like that.. haiz..."
Went around spotting Warships. Surprise Surprise! There's actually a FRENCH warship making a call on Singapore! Not bad I'd say! Hope this isn't any classified info by the way. Or I'll just be charged lor. There's been alot of naval activity at the base lately. So many warships passing through our waters and making a call on our naval base.
food...urgh
Lunch was ok. Not so bad. My crew commander threw the whole thing into the sea though. =P He claimed that the food sucked. I can't blame him. Its cooked at TRACOM! What to do?
I did waste my dinner for the first time. I threw my entire bowl of bee hoon into the sea. I hate bee hoon man! Its like, I'm so hungry after my rest and then when I just expect dinner to be western, it turns out to be CRAP! No choice lor! Just toss it into the sea... Feed the Fish! And cause lots of pollution as well.... =P Guess that's just the stupid thing that policeman do. Break the marine laws on sea pollution!
nonsense
I have to say that the weather was very good today. The area reputed to have the roughest waters was once again calm enough to stand on the deck without being tossed around. Although there was this weird vessel doing weird things that I was asked to steer clear of, other than that, just the usual ships. Petroleum Anchorage Vessels, VLCCs and Naval Craft.
We quietly headed back to Kallang when we're not supposed to do so, so somehow, I ended up back in base an hour ahead of most of the other boats. And God was kind enough to let me be home at about 10.30 to eat the spoils of my brother's birthday party! =P
sightings
Hmmm... I saw Michell Teo on the bus home. She's another interesting personality from 1AH that claims that Chua Ruo Mei wasn't a GEPPER. Interesting, I always thought that the maximum number of subject than an express stream student could do would be 9 and for a GEP, 11. Perhaps I'm wrong, or perhaps THE MOE made use of the "Pauli Exclusion Principle" in her case. Who knows....
You can read Michelle's blog at http://tangibleillusions.blogspot.com. Cut an paste the URL yourself if you so please. I don't want her tracker calling my blog one of her referrers. Go run a searh on ACJC on google or yahoo and her site will be somewhere near the first 30 searches, I think. Well, she came from Orchard, and so by Further Mathematical Induction, that means that there's a 20% chance that Ashley's there.... Don't ask me how I got 20%. Its a hypothesis formulated by T Squared that actually works... RI GEP mah T Squared. Besides, she's some big time ART Scholar... What the hell man.. Almost everyone I know in ACJC is either like a BOON LEONG clone or they're ARTS Scholar material....
Oh ya, Winston Chin is actually going to NUS when he had a guaranteed place in CAMBRIDGE MEDICINE! Wow! First time a president's scholar is trying to boost the reputation of NUS! I'm sure the vice dean of NUS, Choong Shih Foong would be very happy to have "wasted talent" in his university.... Sighs. And Winston could like easily go Harvard Medical School or something... Or even MIT. He's like the 2nd smartest ACS guy to walk through ACS. Joseph Tan being the 1st. But Joseph's a traitor since he happily went on to RJC... Winston rocks! I agree wholeheartedly that he is, truly a balanced person. He's good in everything from studies, to his social life to his character to his leadership qualities to his personality to his incredible general knowledge and brillaince and top it off, he's a cell group leader in his church and he's like so damn humble about all his achievements. He's like the guy every parent wishes to have. And yeah, I don't think he's dad's at SPH as reported in the papers. Both his parents are doctors, apparently. Info courtesy of Andrew, who was Winston's former classmate in ACPS and Inde.
You mean you didn't know that Andrew was a ACSI GEP? Where where you man?!
the brother
So my brother's 16 this year. Somehow, I find that me and my bro are diametrically opposite forms of people. We mix with diametrically opposite groups of people. Most of my friends are brilliant, smart and nice decent people. My brother's friends are like all gangster material that skip school and don't study! What to do... Sometimes, I regret having brought him to church. Seriously, it has done me more harm than good. He's forever spreading lies about me to the girls in the cellgroup.
With brother's like this, no one needs enemies man.
Life's weird at many points in time....
Somehow today, I ended up coming to base late. I guess taking my own sweet time to eat breakfast and dad taking a leisurely drive were part of the reason. I came so late that my crew commander called me to check to see if I was coming!
Worst, somehow, the other SC who was supposed to help in the preparation of the patrol boat came even later! 7.45a.m, all the other boats were prepared. Ours did not even have the door unlocked!
So basically, I ran around the base like a mad dog, shuffling stuff along the jetty, much to the amusement of the various sentries. One of the guys from the Technical Command, the unit that services the boat, kindly offered to help me start the engine and do all the icky bitsy dirty stuff for me. Well, for that, have to thank God. If not, I would have never been able to get the boat ready for patrol.
Somehow during the briefing, I recieved word that the boat I had semi-prepared would be down for today. In the end, I had to rush out of the briefing room to start lugging all the various stuff from one boat to the other. Worst, its from one side of the jetty to the other.
5.5 million dollar boat?
Trust me, nobody likes to cross 5 boats tied together side by side at one go. Its not only unsteady, you'd never know when you might just lose your footing and fall into the sea. For me, I don't mind falling into the sea. At the most, I'll be wet. But my HANDPHONE! Can cry if it falls into the sea man.
The so called "back up boat" was one that was full of problems as well. The generator kept tripping, the engines gave major alerts, the gyro-compass had an error of 60 degrees! And the radar was spoilt! What the hell? How to patrol using such a boat? Not to mention, our freshwater was low, since we didn't have sufficient time to refill it and our water pumps were not working properly.
The toilet too, was one of squalor and stank terribly. As though the formaldehyde fumes were not bad enough. A visit to the toilet would equal a whiff of chemical warfare agents.
lazy slackers
My crew commander and the whole entire crew set were damn lazy! 9 a.m and they had already gone to the accomdation to sleep! What the hell? Coast Guard pay regulars so much money to sleep on a badly mantained 5.5 million dollar boat?
It ended up that my crew commander was also half dead and he ended up dozing off to sleep while on active duty! It left me to steer the boat wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted! Hahahah! Our area of patrol, the sea off Changi Naval Base is a restricted area, so basically there are no ships around. I can happily steer here and there and speed off around the place with no worries about any other vessels.
"That's an Indian Warship, see? So much smoke... Cook curry until like that.. haiz..."
Went around spotting Warships. Surprise Surprise! There's actually a FRENCH warship making a call on Singapore! Not bad I'd say! Hope this isn't any classified info by the way. Or I'll just be charged lor. There's been alot of naval activity at the base lately. So many warships passing through our waters and making a call on our naval base.
food...urgh
Lunch was ok. Not so bad. My crew commander threw the whole thing into the sea though. =P He claimed that the food sucked. I can't blame him. Its cooked at TRACOM! What to do?
I did waste my dinner for the first time. I threw my entire bowl of bee hoon into the sea. I hate bee hoon man! Its like, I'm so hungry after my rest and then when I just expect dinner to be western, it turns out to be CRAP! No choice lor! Just toss it into the sea... Feed the Fish! And cause lots of pollution as well.... =P Guess that's just the stupid thing that policeman do. Break the marine laws on sea pollution!
nonsense
I have to say that the weather was very good today. The area reputed to have the roughest waters was once again calm enough to stand on the deck without being tossed around. Although there was this weird vessel doing weird things that I was asked to steer clear of, other than that, just the usual ships. Petroleum Anchorage Vessels, VLCCs and Naval Craft.
We quietly headed back to Kallang when we're not supposed to do so, so somehow, I ended up back in base an hour ahead of most of the other boats. And God was kind enough to let me be home at about 10.30 to eat the spoils of my brother's birthday party! =P
sightings
Hmmm... I saw Michell Teo on the bus home. She's another interesting personality from 1AH that claims that Chua Ruo Mei wasn't a GEPPER. Interesting, I always thought that the maximum number of subject than an express stream student could do would be 9 and for a GEP, 11. Perhaps I'm wrong, or perhaps THE MOE made use of the "Pauli Exclusion Principle" in her case. Who knows....
You can read Michelle's blog at http://tangibleillusions.blogspot.com. Cut an paste the URL yourself if you so please. I don't want her tracker calling my blog one of her referrers. Go run a searh on ACJC on google or yahoo and her site will be somewhere near the first 30 searches, I think. Well, she came from Orchard, and so by Further Mathematical Induction, that means that there's a 20% chance that Ashley's there.... Don't ask me how I got 20%. Its a hypothesis formulated by T Squared that actually works... RI GEP mah T Squared. Besides, she's some big time ART Scholar... What the hell man.. Almost everyone I know in ACJC is either like a BOON LEONG clone or they're ARTS Scholar material....
Oh ya, Winston Chin is actually going to NUS when he had a guaranteed place in CAMBRIDGE MEDICINE! Wow! First time a president's scholar is trying to boost the reputation of NUS! I'm sure the vice dean of NUS, Choong Shih Foong would be very happy to have "wasted talent" in his university.... Sighs. And Winston could like easily go Harvard Medical School or something... Or even MIT. He's like the 2nd smartest ACS guy to walk through ACS. Joseph Tan being the 1st. But Joseph's a traitor since he happily went on to RJC... Winston rocks! I agree wholeheartedly that he is, truly a balanced person. He's good in everything from studies, to his social life to his character to his leadership qualities to his personality to his incredible general knowledge and brillaince and top it off, he's a cell group leader in his church and he's like so damn humble about all his achievements. He's like the guy every parent wishes to have. And yeah, I don't think he's dad's at SPH as reported in the papers. Both his parents are doctors, apparently. Info courtesy of Andrew, who was Winston's former classmate in ACPS and Inde.
You mean you didn't know that Andrew was a ACSI GEP? Where where you man?!
the brother
So my brother's 16 this year. Somehow, I find that me and my bro are diametrically opposite forms of people. We mix with diametrically opposite groups of people. Most of my friends are brilliant, smart and nice decent people. My brother's friends are like all gangster material that skip school and don't study! What to do... Sometimes, I regret having brought him to church. Seriously, it has done me more harm than good. He's forever spreading lies about me to the girls in the cellgroup.
With brother's like this, no one needs enemies man.
Life's weird at many points in time....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home