
That's the SunDragons. The logo for my squad. Designed courtesy of Adrian.
planning
I met up with Nico in the afternoon. Since both of us purposefully arrived late, in the end both of us met just on time with no time wastage. I've been too punctual in my life and have ended up waiting for tonnes of late people. =)
At the burger King at Peninsular that I met Nico in. I heard very clearly on the radio. Power 98:
"This song is coming in from Laurene and it goes out to all her friends in acjc class of 2SA5. Study hard for your exams and take care. Well, here's your song..."
The song was matchbox twenty's UNWELL! I almost died!
Well, I had a go at his 70mm Professional SLR camera! The thing is like 20 years old, but it looks more advanced than like 90% the cameras I've seen on the market today. Nico's dad used to be a professional photographer many years back. Now, his dad has handed down the cameras to Nico.
This camera doesn't come with a viewfinder, instead, it has a screen where the laterally inverted image is projected upon. In addition, there is a pop up magnifying glass to help in the accuraccy of the manual focus! Very impressive! I think its easily valued to be 3 or even 4 thousand bucks. And it runs of 70mm photographic film! Where can you buy such stuff? Much less develop the film?
We ended up walking and trekking about 6 km around the city looking at the various buildings. Come Monday, if everything goes as planned, I'll go on a manual photography session with Nico to snap pictures of the City during off peak hours. We're going to experiment on various shutters, exposures, light sources, manual focus' and various poses. Try to capture the "essence" of the city.
So far, we've decided to try to snap these few areas: Downtown City Hall, Raffles Boulevard, Esplanade, Boat Quay, Elgin Bridge, Benjamin Sheares Bridge, Suntec City, Ritz-Carlton, The Oriental, The Pan Pacific, The Fullerton, Clifford Pier and of course, the open sea meets sky at horizon shots. We're just going to try to get that "artistic effect" by deliberately allowing the shutter to stay open for 2 to 3 minutes at a time.
At another period of time, we'll try to experiment with night time photography. The areas would be the same as those covered during the day, only with the flash added in some cases. We hope to get that "star shifting" effect by shooting a "ground up" shot of the Fullerton Hotel and leaving the shutter open for perhaps up to 2 to 3 hours. I hope things turn out well.
university admission
My admissions officer has managed to help me secure a spot in the waiting list at University of Washington St Louis. Apparently, the admissions officer on the other side is just waiting for me to come back with good SAT II Writing results for my entry. Ok got to study and pia already.
But I still long to go to New York City....The Big Apple is irresitable in its lure...
The Basic Theory test is in less than a weeks time. I have to actually start studying for it. I've always wanted to drive and now that I get the chance, I'm like so nonchalent and indifferent to the whole thing.
Managed to catch chemistry. Though I won't be able to see the last episode next week when I'm on night shift. Rui En is so pretty! Worst! She cried in the show! Damn sad can? I think I'll kill myself if I ever made a girl cry.
Ok that is too excessive. I think I'll just commite emotional suicide man. =(

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home