Monday, August 11

infiltrate

I woke up and wore my ancient ACJC uniform today again, after 8 months rotting away in a plastic bag in my room. I finally put it to good use. Today would be a "mission" day for me. I'm just going to look at the events in "mission-format". Because I had no one to come with me - Ivan can't get leave, Mervyn has duty, Renee is crashing NUS, T Squared is going out with a girl and a whole load of others dont' wanna go early. This "collective group effort" has almost become like a "single player solo commando mission of sabotage".

0701. Walked into ACJC in uniform. Cleverly disguised. Only hint was the New Balance Running Shoes issued to all those serving NS. No weird looks, no recognition from anyone around. Excellent. My cover has been set.

0703.Heart racing, breathing accelerating. Wonder if any teacher might recognise me and chase me out or something. Coast clear most of the time. Made deliberate careful movements in the hall so that my juniors would not recgnise me. The messay hairstyle along with the weight gain really helped alot.

0706. Saw one of the "targets" today. ZHI MEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's _____________________ Chio! (Fill in the blanks yourself - Most of my class guys would have used the past participle of the F word). Estimated height approx 1 decimal fiver ate copand 1 decimal six thuh-ree meters tall. Her legs are DAMN BEAUTIFUL! I was lucky to get a "rear view" since she was walking up to hand her classmate a piece of paper and then walked back to her seat. Very pretty girl. Gold-black auburn hair. Damn pretty. Almost looks like a princess from a storybook! Closer "inspection" revealed no split ends on her smooth hair, It is SILKY SMOOTH. Acting like a fool can sometimes be of great aid to you. No sign of the elusive Michelle Teo from 1AH.

0711.Walked up to the stage and spied on the CF team from the rear. Made contact with some really blur ACJC girl and smoked her to my purposes and gaining intelligence about the events for school that day. She is SO blur she didn't even think for a second. Made quick getaway from stage. Spied on band members - all JC1 most former ACSI and MGS.

change format

Ok I'm going to write as per normal now. the mission time format was just for the kick of it.

Redevous with brother. Talked, chatted updated status and got extra info in situation in school. Left bad with brother to make it seem like a person "who has arrived" when walking around the campus of school in the latter part of the morning before asembly.

Not recognised so far. Ran up steps of LT. Some Jerk now occupies Maggie's Seat! Some super slacko blur 1SB4 guy with messy hair. Of all people! It had to be that kind of ACS boy to occupy her seat! Damn!

Rendevous with Junior Class. Only Mei Yi around. Talked, updated status and gave her tips on her graphical calculator. Poor girl is so stressed over statistics and is quite worried about her prelims.

Later hid from 1SA5's form teacher. 8 people zao school today. Excellent work, juniors! Later hid, till most of the form teachers had done their attendance taking. Not recognised by ANY of the teachers that walked in at the back of the hall. Hahah, 8 months and they can't even remember. Especially the Old Hag/bitch who sat at the back complaining that the guys in my class talked to much, whilst letting the girls giggling like mad in 2SC9 go away scot free! Nowonder she's not married..... haw haw haw...

Returned to collect my bag from brother and greeted Charmain again! She was damn surprised to see me but wished me well in my "mission". Funny girl! She can even "read" my mind!

Rejoined class. Rendevous with Ying Hui! Ying Hui's my junior Class' class monitor. She's almost akin to the Pei Yi of my class. Damn guai, smart, hardworking and probably the "housewife-type" material. T Squared says she's almost like "the girl next door" kind of thing. She's very down to earth, amiable and a very friendly person to mix with.

Talked to her throughout chapel.

chapel

Chapel was a massive massive massive failure/disaster. My heart pain. Even Hui, who isn't a believer, says:

"The music is as bad as ever..."

She doesn't make biting comments like that unless it really warrants to be said. I agreed after listening to the music for 10 seconds.

The CF team's musical instruments are good. However, the school's speakers are a disaster. The CF's Amp is another massive failure. The drummer really cannot make it. One minute he plays a 6 beat, then switches to a 10 beat when its supposed to be a nice and simple 8 beats for the song. don't tell me he wants to "alternate" between 6 and 10 beats as one "sequence" to achieve 16 beats or 2 of 8 beats????

The praise music was very awful! King of Majesty and Now that You're Near sounded like it had been terribly distorted in a aeroplane engine! The guitars was TOO loud and the bass was too resonating, the drums couldn't even be heard. (It takes training to hear the beats carefully, that's why i knew the drummer was totally out of time). The singers were good. All girls. WHERE have all the CF GUYS GONE? Not being sexist, but CF is usually a Male-Dominated CCA

Think about it, I've been in a boys school for 10 years. Then I'm in F Maths combi in JC - full of guys. Then I have a class where the guys are on one side and the girls another. I am in a CCA which has only 3 girls whose attendance is irregular. I am in a cellgroup but only end up talking to the brothers most of the time. I am in a Male Dominated church ministry. I am doing my NS. Not gay enough ah? Sigh........Perhaps that's why I'm so "girl crazy"?

Worship was much better. Could at least sing to a few songs that sounded a bit too much distorted. As in, the singers and guitars had their signal so strong that it actually made the speakers reach its saturation point with all the classic hicks and squeaks. Terrible.

All I can say is that the CF band is really playing from their hearts. They're really on for Jesus. But sadly, the music really really really just cannot make it lor. When you're reaching out to a school of 70% non-believers and 28% backsliders with music, the Music HAS to sound good! If not, sad to say, it just turns people off from God.

To pre-empt this, when I have enough money. I'll get the Christian Fellowship a PROPER Amplifier! Ok, so I have to get one of the Thai Scholars to ship down a MESA/BOOGIE. If that's the only thing that can improve their music. I'll gladly sacrifice for their cause. =) The music sounds really terrible! Gave me a headache and heart pain at the same time. =( God help them please! And even though like almost the whole school mocks and laughs at them for doing this for Jesus, I pray that they never get discouraged and tired of continually upkeeping that outward expression of their faith! Got fire, now need money. REALITY.

Chapel was ok. Speaker was some friend of Pastor Barnabus (Pastor for ACJC). I think he did a great job sharing his testimony about God, his sick parents, money and goals and aims in life.

I wondered. Why did the entire CF spend so much time praying for revival in a bunch of people who absolutely couldn't be bothered about God? We prayed and prayed and prayed everyday for 1/2 an hour as a collective group and in the end we still have a cohort of non-believers and backsliders! Sigh! Heart pain, I tell you, really heart pain.

briefing

Sat through some prelims exam briefing with Hui. She's as cute as ever I'd say. Not to mention polite and kind. She's like SO HUGGABLE sometimes. Given her small frame, I think I'd crush her if I hugged her. =P I'm just imagining things.... =D

Blended in with the rest of the school as they made their way to class.

SAW JIAMEI AGAIN AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(notice, I wrote the exact same thing on my May 31st entry)

So it was a 1 second encounter in oppsite directions on the staircase. But yep, I expected her to give me a weird glance and it happened. Hahah, bet she doesn't even know what hit her. I see her I feel like laughing like crazy. No thanks to the "Aaron Saga" last year! My heart was laughing and laughing non stop for a while after that! =D

As usual, she had a fair share of "escorts" and "girl security". But they didn't do a good job and I broke up their stupid "defense formation" - basically its to prevent guys that she doesn't know from hitting on her. Another cannot make it "girl security" team!

Met up with Lao Shi in the Canteen. After all this while, only Lao Shi was the first to spot and recognise me. But even then, she just kept quiet, "knowing" my "intentions". Just talked to Lao Shi for a while and joked with her as to why she isn't wearing that "striped shirt". To much laughter.

Met up in a while with Auntry Ros, who happily blew my cover to the principal! Nevermind, I didn't mind. As long as things go through Aunty Ros, I think more or less "I'm covered". The new principal, Kelvina Chan, didn't seem to mind my presence, in fact I think she appreciated the opportunity to relate to former ACSians that had already graduated from the college she is now in charge of.

Auntry Ros bought me breakfast at the Maly Stall! The food was WAY better than the Malay food in Tracom! I can't understand why two fat ladies can cook better than 10 men! Doesn't make sense right?

Talked with my Spiritual Mother for quite sometime and she updated me on the Status of the Christian Fellowship and how things were progressing and just talked about God and spiritual stuff. Love to talk to her. She has like a tremendous amount of annointing in Christ and a vast amount of God-Given wisdom. She's so holy I think quite a number of the teachers and students in school are scared of her! She talked to me about how God saw me as His Child and stuff like that and we talked about the A level results, about where our President's Scholar - Winston Chin is going - NUS MEDICINE! He's like going to be the best doctor in this entire country! Just talked for quite some time.

Then met up with Miss Michelle Tang as she was washing her hands. Miss Tan was so surprised to see me. Its like I brightened up her day a little with my presence. She's been looking so stressed and so tired lately. God bless you Mich. Oh ya, for the uninformed, Ms Tang was president of Christian Fellowship 10 years ago. So she's another really holy person. Whichever man marries Ms Tang, in my opinion, has a wife more valuable than gold or diamonds.

Later camped in the CF room for a while, met with the New JC1 CF vice-president. He's a very humble person. God is sure to use him. So humble and meek! Guys who are humble are hard to find - honest. Even when I try to be humbel, anyone reading my blog will instantly know how "proud" my language is! So there. Its not easy to be humble - much less meek.

Met up with Charles! Or should I say, Rev. Charles! He's now a relief teacher at ACJC. It was strange seeing him decked out in long sleeves and pants and black shoes. I'm so used to seeing him in "ah pei" clothes. He's going to OXFORD on a Scholarship! My goodness! Following in the footsteps of John Wesley! I just talked with him for a very short while, as he had to rush back to teach 1AD4 (I think!). He teaches 1AH as well! hahahahahah! (of course you know why I'm laughing....) Charles is sooooo.... erm??? blessed???? to teach in 1AH? Pretty Babe Ashley is there man! =PPPPPPPPP OK this is really getting out of hand.. Must be STRONG! ACT LIKE YOU DON'T GET MOVED! COMMANDO MINDSET!

Met up with Don. He asked me to go for some prayer meeting in ACJC this wednesday. I shall man. I shall. Apparently, its with a group of CHC people in ACJC. Don't really know what their agenda is, but its always good to get to know a few more church people from ACJC.

prowling

Later I made a visitation to disturb Lao Shi's class! After which Lao Shi called me and scolded me! Hahahahah! She didn't really scold me. Just poked me a little for my childishness - But after all, my whole mission was to go disturb Lao Shi's class for a while and provide some "entertainment" for the mug-weary JC2s she was teaching. Of course, Lao shi is so good, I asked her to help me trace my GP tutor, TLC, for me after she had "scolded" me. Lao Shi rocks, within a minute she called back and asked me to head to a staff room to find TLC.

Apparently, when I reache there, TLC had left already. So no chance to meet up with her. Another time perhaps. I'm sure she'd love to met up with one of her crazy students who "somehow managed to get an A1 in gp during the A levels". She was like forever criticising my essays and failing me or just marking me off with a C6 my ENTIRE life in JC. But then again. Its strange how the "gp remedial student" ended up getting a one. And all the "expected A1s" didn't come any close to that.

Zhi Mei

Later I sat through the JC1 recess and obtained MORE INFO about Zhi Mei! hahahah! My source was EXCELLENT! Gave me so much info!

Apparently, she has an English name - ASHLEY! Voted to be the prettiest girl in ARTS this year as well as currently holding the unofficial title of Prettiest Girl in ACJC! My goodness!

And Ivan's theory was right - she was definitely not pure chinese - likely to be of mixed blood. My sources tell me her Dad's chinese and her mom is European. I don't know which country her mother is from but I think Chinese-Nordic sounds so damn exotic right?

On a sadder note, my sources gave me info that her parents are divorced and she lives with her father. Apparently, she's also from MGS, even though neither her father or mother are from ACS/MGS. She managed to get in during Phase 2B of the admissions exercise in Primary 1 twelve years ago. If my info is correct, she landed the very last vaccancy MGS had.

Well, I have more info on her, but I shan't post it up here. Pretty Babe man! So Beautiful! Almost looks like a little angel or something....

Oh ya, she's also MOE Humanities Scholar as well. So Smart and So Pretty - which guy dares to tackle her? They'll all be but second fiddles with a bruised ego and chipped self-esteem. Well, she's still unattached. No guy has tried to ask her out or something apparently. If I'm not wrong, my sources say that she's considered to be "off limits" for all guys in ACJC. So that's why...

visitations.. cont

Found Mahala - My F Maths Tutor! Didn't want to see Shih Ling - Cos Shih Ling doesn't exactly like me! Hid from her when we were about to make visual contact with each other. Mahala was on the phone, apparently urging some parent of some F Maths students to drop F Maths after the Prelims. She talked so long that I'll put off visiting her till another day.

Met up with a bunch of retainees like my primary 1-4 classmate Sam ZHU! Zhu was the Head Prefect in Barker for my year. He was just so surprised to see a good friend from his past! Its like he thought that I'm now in army and I have completely forgotten him since he got retained. In the end, our friendship will be as good as ever. Zhu rocks! Its like in ACS, friendships can be dormant, we can lose contact, we can lose touch. For many years. But somehow, meeting up just once again reignite an old friendship. So I can say that I've know Zhu for 13 years already! I won't elaborate on how he ended up being called Zhu. No, it has nothing to do with his surname.

Chatted up my old Neighbour Zhen Xi - Former national Bowler and now School Debator. Met up with some of the Barker guys like Justin Eng, Aaron Lee and other juniors who made it to ACJC. The Barker community in ACJ is so close-knit, its like everyone knows everyone! Barker Rocks!

Finally met up with Bell Bell! She was cutting classes so just had the opportunity to spend some quality friendship time with her. Haven't seen this girl who has been so~ nice to me in such a long time. I haven't appreciated her friendship enough. Besides, she's always so nice as to invite me for her church events - just that as the service pianist I can't sit with her and stuff and she has to rush off after night time services at Wesley cos her Dad picks her up straight.

Well, 10 minutes is better than 0 minutes. Too bad, she's going overseas next year, so I'll have to look for an alternative piano teacher. I really hope she does well since she's going to a lesser-trodden path - to major in music at a conservatory in Australia. God Bless you girl. Love you alot in Christ! =D You are truly a rare friend in this world.

exfiltrate

I sneaked out right under the nose of the security guard. Useless security! Utterly useless! More interested in preventing people from Zaoing school than from protecting the place. It made me worry for a while - any terrorist can easily kill 2000 people in school with just a car bomb at the lobby!

The lobby of ACJC is a structural and security defect! Think of it! A bomb laden car drives through, pretending to be a visitor or just by speeding through - the security is lax and crashes the car/van through the lobby.

The lobby doors are just made of glass! No problem with breaking through! Then what? Boom! The whole structure will collapse towards the center. Probably killing everyone inside.

A chilling thought indeed. Sigh. I would have never noticed such things till I feel that somehow I just got this sudden "security analysis".

Terrorism. =(

meeting up

I met up with Merf at Holland Village. Went to check out the newly opened pirated shop in Holland Village. Software there isn't cheap, its 10 bucks for a disck and 25 for 3. But they do sell Microsoft XP Professional Edition with Service Pack 1 3rd Edition. But yeah, like I said, windows sucks. They too, have a variety of PS2 DVD games. Interested parties might want to go check it out.

Had lunch at home with Merf followed by a bible study session. I managed to finish the course today. I should have done this more than 3 and 1/2 years ago. So now I'm just playing catch up. The only comfort to me is that I started later than Vanessa and finished earlier than her!

Ok, I won't type anymore. Blogged for nearly 2 hours today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home