Wednesday, August 13

note: I still can't confirm if it is THAT Sulynn.

Listening to: To the Ends of the Earth - HILLSONG from the album 'To the Ends of the Earth'. Its a very nice song!

ramblings first

I put the tracker up there for fun. Somehow, it has 9 hits after one day. That is very bad. This blog is only meant for 2 people to visit!

To the Ends of the Earth is another very nice Hillsongs Song! Ok. They've had a wonderful track record of composing excellent Christian Songs. =) It goes:

Jesus I believe in You
And I would Go
To the Ends of the Earth
To the Ends of the Earth
For You
Lord of the Son of God
And all the World will sing
You are God
You are God

patrol

Morning shift again today. Learnt many new things and how to prepare the boat before its tour of duty. Only thing left is probably to start the engines and the onboard computer systems. Can't say too much... its classified remember?

My patrol area today was off Tekong. Basically the area furthest from the base. It was quite interesting to be slightly off the waters near the runway of Changi Airport. Could see many planes landing from overhead. I think if we actually wanted to do so. We should literally shoot a plane down from the sky. The planes are flying so low, so near the runway and our GPMGs can easily hit them. Such a big target. Moving so slowly and our gun is a mounted one, hence it can shoot further, faster and more powerfully. Think about it... It almost sounds like a terrorist plot I think. =)

The Island of Doom looks rather serene from the outside, with all the nice whitewashed facades and ferry terminal. Further on, it is a God forsaken place where hell on earth thrives. What so glamourous about the army? What so wonderful about dying "for your country" when your life is only worth a few pieces of metal, plastic and a couple of funeral salutes? And that's if you get a decent military burial. Otherwise you're just canon fodder as a soldier in any army. There is no glory in death. Honor is just a figment of our warped sense of value.

I didn't mention this before. But I think that the crew commanders onboard all the ships I've worked with are all very nice people. But the first gunners, or second in charge are all a bunch of bastards. Always kicking up a fuss over things. Today the first gunner actually made me and Rahmat, who was on patrol duty on my boat, do pushups! Just because we forgot that there are batteries in the equipment box! Wah Lau! Corporal also want to pump us!

Nevermind. I'll join the force next time as a DSP and fuck the whole entire bunch them till they get sacked off the Force. Then I'll quit. Talk about revenge and being REALLY evil. Want to act so great with an O level cert! Want to act so smart with an ITE level education! 2 stripes act so big. Attitude problem I tell you, the entire bunch of them. I guess being neither here nor there contributes to their ridiculously insecure self esteem. Neither a crew commander nor a lousy deckhand. Too bad lar.

Like Rahmat said. NS just do all the shit jobs, get shit pay, get no respect and get fucked all the time for nothing. Its not worth it man, serving this screwed up nation. I think the MOM ought to consider "foreign talent" in the area of shit jobs instead of forever bickering that there is not enough manpower. Manpowr to do shit jobs that is.

Since I was in the patrol area furthest from base, we were the last boat to arrive at the base. Last to leave as well. No big deal I guess. I just ended up waiting really long for my bus home. Wonder why all the transport suddenly disappears before 2330 and all the "nightrider", "night owl" and "midnight surchage cabs" appear suddenly at the crack of midnight. Another LTA "consipracy"?

I guess there's nothing much to be said about today. The most we did was to spot just one of the ferry boats that ferry NSmen from the SAF Jetty all the way to Tekong. The boat is in a horrendous state. I think its not sea-worth to say the least. Poor NSman. Really get treated like dirt man. Well, what mindef sows now it will reap later. I bet if there's ever a war that involves Singapore. I think half our army will desert and the other half will go M.I.A or AWOL. Study history and you'll see why. The armies of the Mighty Russian Empire and the German Third Reich fell apart during the war! Train and train so hard. Don't know really if our soldiers can fight anot. And now they're thinking of using computer games to help improve our soldier's aiming! How ridiculous is that? Our army is like just a white elephant used for drills during NDP. Too bad, too sad.

reflections

I don't know. But I feel that my writings have become very bitter as of late. NS. It really wrecks havoc on good character.

Saw an old schoolmate today. He was from Barker. He is one of those ultra-rich ACSians. I was told by his good friends that he lives in some super-luxurious condominium with a PRIVATE LIFT to his penthouse bungalow! Wow! Talk about rich man! He was with is girlfriend at the Esplanade doing all that hanky-panky stuff. Oh well, some things never change. Perhaps rich ACSians will always be big time flirts. Another sweeping statement not worthy of a GP essay...

As much as I desire to be in a relationship. It would be very much wiser to wait, given that I'm perpetually broke, emotionally inept, socially inept and I don't exactly know how to relate to girls. What to do? I've been living a life surrounded by guys guys and more guys my entire life! So I think I'll just wait patiently. Like mei said, "let God play cupid". But if in the end, if I can't get married and stuff. It's fine with me.

Oh ya. Matt just HAD to tell me this in JC:

"The bible says in Genesis to 'Go forth and multiply' which is a promise from God, so I think we should not worry or waste time over girls. We are all surely going to get married one. Its just a matter of God's timing."

Right. Remember God's one second in our one million years? Wait long long lar brother. Let's go do other things with our life.

cheats

Oh ya. I got my pay today. Its a measly 100 dollars more for carrying the pathetic rank of a Corporal. What money has been due me 4 months ago is only being paid out now!

They cheated me of my SEA ALOWANCE! Its 150 dollars! "Too much to pay an NSman" I think they contend. So they pretend to have glitches in the payrool system, act slow and bureaucratic. I don't mind them being slow. But basically, by the time they actually update the payrolls another 1 year down the road, we've been told that the money due us will be totally forfeited!

The CPIB should catch the police force for cheating on its own NSmen. If they can update the payroll system for the regulars in one day and they JUST HAVE to take a year to do "an NSman's". Goes to show their fucking attitude problem the entire force has with its NSmen.

Bunch of CHEATS with a big time attitude problem!

In the end. I have to give mom now 200 dollars since I've been promoted. No more 100 dollars. And without the sea allowance, I'll be as broke as ever. Being broke your whole entire life in NS sucks! Worst! to be stepped on continually by the entire Force and being made to do shit jobs "for the nation". Sucks man.

I'm leaving this country. Its better to quit and go somewhere else where the country values me and what I can offer them. I'll have to start a new life in NYC during my university days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home