Friday, August 15

listening to Ho-Yeow Sun - Qi Dian

a second visit

I went back to ACJC again today. This time, it was to attend my first CF meeting in almost 10 months! As prelims are next week, there were basically tonnes of people studying in school - especially the VOID DECK! =)

I met up with my very good friend, Gustin. He was formerly from my sec 3 and 4 class in Barker. He came in via the "alternative channels", this one being Atheletics. 2.4 in 8.52. Scary huh? Well, he spent so much time training and so much time studying and in the end, he got retained. Doesn't matter I'd say, he gets 50% more of ACJC than most people. I think people like him, Darren, Brother all agree that the "extra year" is really a bonus, not a loss.

So I walked with him, hands over each other's shoulders like brothers round the school - touring the place literally and talking about God.

I saw JIAMEI today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her face visibly stressed though. But she's so smart, shouldn't be a problem for her. Ok then we walked and then Ashley walked by! My goodness! I didn't get the chance to see her up close yet, she's SO pretty!

To rephrase that: She's a (very)4 pretty girl! Seriously, I think she's prettier than Nicole! =P So, when she passed by, the topic suddenly veered to her and Gustin told me that he knew her boyfriend Mark. Mark is this guy in rugby and he was currently having rugby training.

That explains why she was hanging around the bleaches, watching her boyfriend train! Lucky Bastard! Ok, I draw some similarities here:

Clarinda, 2SB1, Unofficially prettiest girl in ACJC, formerly from MGS, in Top class of the Combi sees a rugby guy called Onn Ray.

Ashley, 1AH, Unofficially prettiest girl in ACJC, formerly from MGS, in Top class of the Combi sees a rugby guy called Mark

WHAT THE HELL?!!!! So striking in similarities! I think if she ever walked in Tekong, I think all the army guys would just like shoot themselves with their rifles, contented to die happy men, after seeing her.

I know, I did mention in my earlier posts not to rave and rant about girls. But she's TOO pretty already! My eyes, which can normally "look away" from girls are just STUCK on her like a heat seeking missile for a fighter jet's exhaust!

Ok, at least I know where her locker in school is now. =P Who'd want to know THAT tidbit of information?

The other update I got was that she was in the Student's Council. I think Executive Committee as well. Not sure, but I noticed that her badge had "more words than normal" towards the top right hand corner of it. More on her after CF.

the first meeting in 10 months...

I finally walked into a Christian Fellowship meeting today! The atmosphere had more or less remained unchanged. Just that the faces are different/new. The venue has changed too - from LT3 and now to LT2. Met up with Jeffrey, Don, Tai Zhong, Gabriel - the juniors that I formerly knew from CF last year. They are sacrificing this time to study to go to CF, to help out at CF, to worship God as well as to Honour God as First in their lives. I salute them. Giving Jesus first priority in their lives!

I double checked with Jeff if his dad was really the Commissioner of Police. He said, "Ya". So I just went on bitching about the force. So basically, I'm able to contact the CP directly through his son! And what better means than to go through the son? No beauracracy, no nonsense. Just a direct channel to the big boss. =)

I met with that "blur girl" i smoked on monday. As usual, I was quite evasive with her and promptly "ran away".

Overall, there were many new faces, but the atmosphere was the same, as welcoming as ever and everyone was SO passionate for God. As usual, I ignored the girls and only talked to the guys. Unlike my year where it was like 20 guys and 6 girls. It seems to be like 18 girls and 12 guys this time round. The attendance obviously lower at 30, instead of 40, due to the upcoming prelims.

Just spent my time before CF actually started by talking to all my juniors and encouragine them for the upcoming prelims.

CF

Praise was done acoustic, with no amps, nothing. It sounded beautiful! The songs sung were "All about You" and "Now that You're Near". It sounded so good! Apparently, the song leader, the Vice-President of CF, was new to the songs as well, so ended up Jeff, Don and I sang the loudest as well as clapped the loudest in the hope that the rest could get the tune and rhythm.

Worship was "To the Ends of the Earth". And I just heard that song on Monday as well! Worship ended with a very old song. "Give me Oil in My Lamp". I last sung that song in Chapel in ACS ELEVEN years ago! And we did it with all the action - felt like I was a kid in a children's church for a while!

Aunty Ros proceeded to pray and give us a short word from the Lord. She said that it was not the songs, or the voices, or the music or anything else. Its just the Heart of Worship that God desires. Its so true. The services in CHC are really good, the music sounds fantastic, everything goes very well and there are no glitches. But this, with just an acoustic set up, and a worship leader who doesn't really know the song and for it to just be good goes to show that it is really the Heart of Worship that matters and nothing else.

Aunty Ros continued by telling us a word from the Lord. She said that we are here at CF to worship God because God has chosen us as worshippers. Wow! Its not a run of the mill coincidence! God has drawn and CHOSEN us as worshippers! Makes me feel so loved by God!

The message was preached by this new pastor from Faith Methodist Church. Pastor Barnabas was sick today, so he was not present with us. The pastor, whom I didn't really catch his name, talked to us about nuture groups in ACJC.

The CF had held a "Big Event" last week, just before National Day by inviting many people to come watch a movie "Lilo and Stitch" in LT2. Almost a 100 turned up for it. Now they're planning to launch "nuture groups". Its similar to cellgroups/smallgroups that meet once a week after school for about an hour. Basically, they're treating CF like a "big service" for everyone and using Nuture Groups to meet other people's needs. Almost like Peer Support Groups in MGS, but a more God Oriented one.

Nuture Groups are being launched to cater for those who cannot make it for CF on friday due to other committments. There will be meetings everyday from 4.45 till about 6 on Mondays, Tuesday and Thursdays. It gives everyone an opportunity to be prayed for, receive spiritual support, to be discipled, to fellowship and the like. The groups will be led by members from the Ex-Co of CF.

In addition, there are morning prayer meetings at the Bleaches now (during my time used to be behind the stage in the main hall), as well as morning worship on Wednesdays, also at the Bleaches. Wow, so many events for the population of ACJC. Basically, if I were still in school, I'd go for EVERYTHING! Whoa! Such fantastic opportunities to meet up with the Lord more and more often!

The pastor ended the message by encouraging us to sign up to join Nuture Groups. He encouraged, didnt' challenge or force anyone. Left it totally open and closed in prayer.

Met Rev. Charles towards the end of the CF. He prayed for me and I felt release, happiness and joy afterwards. Charles is SO HOLY. Its like when I talk to him I can see what my true character is really like and areas which I need to improve on. One part struck me:

I've always called God using "My Heavenly Father, or Father, or God or Jesus". Charles just used the word "Dad". Its so true! The closer you are to somehow, the less formal you will be. Well, I don't think I can use "Dad" to address my King just yet. But I will work towards the time I can call God "Dad".

We just talked about God for a while. Charles was like: My Dad is loving, kind, patient, caring...etc and he went on and on. Wow! If only I could share God with other people just like that! I won't fake it, I desire the REAL thing.

CF ended with a short session of praise and it was over. Praise felt even better after Charles prayed for me. Just an hour! Not long enough! My time it was 2 hours and we'd purposely drag the fellowship till 9.30 at Burger King! Fellowship is now held at the old canteen.

fellowship

I talked to that "blur girl" again. Instantly, we communicated! Its very akin to the way I can talk to Charmaine. Its like, I just know a peson and feel like I've known that person a LONG time already.

Her name's Adeline and I have to admit after just know her for two short hours, that she's an incredibly nice person! We just chatted about everything from God to studies to our miserable lives and stuff.

I don't know, I just happened to find another person whom I can instantly click with today! Thank You God for Adeline! =) We just talked and talked and talked..... Ok, for the similarities: Both of us attend the same church, we joined CF only after the CF camp, we both "heck-cared" God in JC1, we both suck at Chinese. I was struck by her kind and frank demeanor.

She just shared with me her life story, about living for God and how difficult it has been for her. I must admit, it has been quite a struggle. She's like so hungry for more of God and her mom's banned her from church, most of her former classmates thinks she's weird to go all out for Jesus and the like. Poor girl's also struggling with her studies.

It's almost like me. I Identified with her immediately. The better similarity that hit me: I was basically the CF's "GD Boy" - stack chairs, arrange chairs, help out, clear the rubbish, carry stuff for Aunty Ros and assist as usher/greeter, air con adjuster and stuff.

She does exactly the same things for the CF! When I met her on Monday, she was helping the CF Band set up their equipment! Its so coincidental that I'm so sure that God has something to do with it. And she could actually spell my name when we exchanged numbers! I know no one, in my whole life I've met, who could spell my name correctly in keying in my phonebook entry except her! Wow! I was pretty shocked at first!

ashley again

I left Adeline to her own devices mugging for her physics. She had physics tuition later. Poor girl really has no desire to study, like no mood at all. But she takes art and apparently has a creative flair for it. I think she's like a straight A's for art student - similar to Pei Pei. Now, if only she could get a scholarship to go to the New York Institute of Fine Art... I think she'd do really well.... =)

So here was pretty Ashley. Running around the whole school Doing what? Serving Milo to all the J2s studying for their exams! Can you imagine that? You're muggine like crazy, so full of stress and then suddenly a pretty girl hands you a cup of hot Milo? Its really "heartwarming" in my opinion! =P =P =P = P

And somehow, Ash was like walking with a cup of milo in each hand and there was this other councillor doing the same. I just HAD to get the OTHER COUNCILLOR! 1 in 2 chance and the odds are STILL NOT IN MY FAVOR! OEI! NOT FAIR LEH! The J2 guys whom she handed the milo to looked stunned! Hahahah!

Oh! I saw brother's class babe! Tiffany Tan! Codenamed "TVT". She was busy mugging and gave me weird looks when she saw me. Ya, in due course of meeting up with brother in school, she's always around. Well, she's prettier than ever. Brother got plenty of eye candy in ARTS. Lucky bastard.... =P

I met up with Terrence, who was a little bit guilty about skipping CF, only to end up wandering around the school with no desire to study! Damn funny!

Ended up singing a song with Don. Charles went back to coaching students in history. Aunty Ros had prepared her trademark Macaroni for the CF people as refreshments. In the end, those who didn't go also ended up helping themselves to the food!

I didn't get a chance to talk to the new CF president, it was some girl. Reminds me of Ms Tang somehow - they both look a little similar! Ended up just chit chatting with the other juniors in the old canteen that I happened to know.

The Student's Council put up this board filled with messages for the various J2 Classes. I met a few councillors who were quietly doing their voting for the theme for this year's Prom. Apparently, its going to be some cheesy "arabian nights" theme - exactly like the cheesy one from American Pie! What the hell! That's so unoriginal! Ok, my prom was kinda bad as well with BSB, NSync and the Class Girls dedicating "I'm a slave 4 u" to the guys.

Met this funny SC3 councillor, didn't get her name. She was bitching about AH being corrupted as theirs was the only class that used up TWO pieces of Paper! What the Hell? It was just a heart pasted onto the message! Ok, perhaps Ashely, if she were in the Ex-Co, had something to do with that... =P

In the end, just bade goodbye to Rev, Gustin, Don and the rest and walked out of school with Adeline. Just talked along the way.

Somehow, I ended up talking to one of the girls following her as well. Its a damn small world. The girl happens to be Tao Sun's girlfriend! Tao Sun was President of CF last year. What the hell man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home