it seems that there are people who want info about him
profile: Winston Chin Chee Wei
I met Winston when I was in Primary 4 in ACPS. He was there since I was in Primary 1. His dad is a former ACS Boy. Basically, he has won the prize for being amongst the top 3 students in his class for his entire tenure in ACPS. Besides, he's really one of those ACS guys that end up in the Gifted Stream, unlike many in the GEP stream that end up via means of a transfer from other primary schools.
Winston topped the Primary School Leaving Examinations in 1996 with a PSLE score of 281. I'm not sure what CCA he was in in PS, I heard it might be badminton or science club. But I'm really not sure. Info on him during his primary school days are so hazy because majority of my sources have yet to exist!
His best friend in Primary 4, Vincent, one of the ACS GEPs as well, is known as the "First Gentleman of Hwa Chong". Apparently, this is what Boon Leong told me. Well, somehow, he's a GEP who plays so much that he's the only GEP in Hwa Chong doing 3 A level subjects! He should have come to ACJC man!
Ok, so Winston went to ACSI, he was head prefect and badminton Captain. Singles. Basically, I don't think he lost any of his matches except the one with Christopher Pound Niusa in 1998 South Zone Tournament when it was ACS Barker Against ACSI.
He got 10 A1s and 1A2 for his O level exams. I think it was an A2 for Literature, if I'm not wrong. His girlfriend got 11A1s. He's been attached for like SEVEN years already to some RGPS/RGS/RJC girl. Basically, Winston spent the first 3 months of JC in RJC hanging around with his girlfriend, only to return and join ACJC during the 2nd Intake.
He ran for council and got in after the interview. However, he withdrew just before the elections were about to take place for unclear reasons. The most I knew was that "he didn't want to be involved with all the politics anymore". Yah, he would have been nominee number 57 if he did run for council. I'm sure he'd have easily beaten Mok Kwang How to the position of President of Student's Council.
So, Winston was in Badminton throughout his days at ACJC. I only saw him in action once at the finals of ACJC vs TJC in 2002. Whatever it was, it was quite surprising that he could actually remember me from Primary School when I went to talk to him first day of the 2nd intake in ACJC.
Basically as his classmates put it. He's like the most rounded and balanced person in the entire school. He comes for CF once in a while. He's a cell group leader at St Paul St Mary's I think. He's like SO INCREDIBLY SMART. During the prelims he topped the college in Biology with 86 marks as well as Chemistry. Physics was of course, dominated by Boon Leong! And this was when the whole school failed bio to a 85% level before moderation! They'd moderate the paper and his grade hits like 97% or something like that. He has an excellent social life. The best thing is that he doesn't forget your name even though you said hi to him 8 or 9 years ago? And he's a very nice person to deal with and has a wonderful personality.
Winston's bests friends in School that I know he definitely hangs out with: Kenneth, Wilson, Wesley, Shu Ning, Nabil, Eda, Christina, Kathleen, Cherie, Joshua, Martin, Dalvir, Yu Xing, Kwang How, Keith Teo, Zi Ming, Sean Ong, Lionel See and his badminton buddies.
So he's one of the 20 people given special permission by MOE to sit for 3 Special Papers. Ivan called his taking of Biology, Physics and Chemistry folly because of the lack in Maths. By the way, Ivan was also among that 20 that were allowed to do 3 S Papers. Just that he decided to drop 2 of them later on so he could come for more parties with us. The other person that I know of that could do 3 Special papers was Boon Leong.
Yep, so the story ends on March 6th when his name is the first to be mentioned, having scored an incredible 9 distinctions in his exams. For prelims he already had 4 A's and Cambridge had offered him a place to study Medicine in Jesus College, Cambridge University. He had also received similar offers of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he was attached for a Summer Excellence Camp. He can easily go to Princeton or Harvard, but has chosen to do medicine in Singapore. Wonder if the girlfriend will make the same decision. He didn't study economics in JC, but anyone can go ask him questions of Economics and he'd be able to give a prim and proper reply to even your toughest question. That's how the Economics Guru, Ivan, found out, how truly brilliant he is.
So yeah. Every parent really wishes that their son/daughter would be like Winston. Good at everything. But really, he's like a 1 in 40 000 births kind of thing.
I'm sure he'll be the Prime Minister of our country someday.
The last tidbit of info: Nigel Wong was in Winston's Class in Primary School! For all the ACS boys, this one is probably a real shocker....
profile: Winston Chin Chee Wei
I met Winston when I was in Primary 4 in ACPS. He was there since I was in Primary 1. His dad is a former ACS Boy. Basically, he has won the prize for being amongst the top 3 students in his class for his entire tenure in ACPS. Besides, he's really one of those ACS guys that end up in the Gifted Stream, unlike many in the GEP stream that end up via means of a transfer from other primary schools.
Winston topped the Primary School Leaving Examinations in 1996 with a PSLE score of 281. I'm not sure what CCA he was in in PS, I heard it might be badminton or science club. But I'm really not sure. Info on him during his primary school days are so hazy because majority of my sources have yet to exist!
His best friend in Primary 4, Vincent, one of the ACS GEPs as well, is known as the "First Gentleman of Hwa Chong". Apparently, this is what Boon Leong told me. Well, somehow, he's a GEP who plays so much that he's the only GEP in Hwa Chong doing 3 A level subjects! He should have come to ACJC man!
Ok, so Winston went to ACSI, he was head prefect and badminton Captain. Singles. Basically, I don't think he lost any of his matches except the one with Christopher Pound Niusa in 1998 South Zone Tournament when it was ACS Barker Against ACSI.
He got 10 A1s and 1A2 for his O level exams. I think it was an A2 for Literature, if I'm not wrong. His girlfriend got 11A1s. He's been attached for like SEVEN years already to some RGPS/RGS/RJC girl. Basically, Winston spent the first 3 months of JC in RJC hanging around with his girlfriend, only to return and join ACJC during the 2nd Intake.
He ran for council and got in after the interview. However, he withdrew just before the elections were about to take place for unclear reasons. The most I knew was that "he didn't want to be involved with all the politics anymore". Yah, he would have been nominee number 57 if he did run for council. I'm sure he'd have easily beaten Mok Kwang How to the position of President of Student's Council.
So, Winston was in Badminton throughout his days at ACJC. I only saw him in action once at the finals of ACJC vs TJC in 2002. Whatever it was, it was quite surprising that he could actually remember me from Primary School when I went to talk to him first day of the 2nd intake in ACJC.
Basically as his classmates put it. He's like the most rounded and balanced person in the entire school. He comes for CF once in a while. He's a cell group leader at St Paul St Mary's I think. He's like SO INCREDIBLY SMART. During the prelims he topped the college in Biology with 86 marks as well as Chemistry. Physics was of course, dominated by Boon Leong! And this was when the whole school failed bio to a 85% level before moderation! They'd moderate the paper and his grade hits like 97% or something like that. He has an excellent social life. The best thing is that he doesn't forget your name even though you said hi to him 8 or 9 years ago? And he's a very nice person to deal with and has a wonderful personality.
Winston's bests friends in School that I know he definitely hangs out with: Kenneth, Wilson, Wesley, Shu Ning, Nabil, Eda, Christina, Kathleen, Cherie, Joshua, Martin, Dalvir, Yu Xing, Kwang How, Keith Teo, Zi Ming, Sean Ong, Lionel See and his badminton buddies.
So he's one of the 20 people given special permission by MOE to sit for 3 Special Papers. Ivan called his taking of Biology, Physics and Chemistry folly because of the lack in Maths. By the way, Ivan was also among that 20 that were allowed to do 3 S Papers. Just that he decided to drop 2 of them later on so he could come for more parties with us. The other person that I know of that could do 3 Special papers was Boon Leong.
Yep, so the story ends on March 6th when his name is the first to be mentioned, having scored an incredible 9 distinctions in his exams. For prelims he already had 4 A's and Cambridge had offered him a place to study Medicine in Jesus College, Cambridge University. He had also received similar offers of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he was attached for a Summer Excellence Camp. He can easily go to Princeton or Harvard, but has chosen to do medicine in Singapore. Wonder if the girlfriend will make the same decision. He didn't study economics in JC, but anyone can go ask him questions of Economics and he'd be able to give a prim and proper reply to even your toughest question. That's how the Economics Guru, Ivan, found out, how truly brilliant he is.
So yeah. Every parent really wishes that their son/daughter would be like Winston. Good at everything. But really, he's like a 1 in 40 000 births kind of thing.
I'm sure he'll be the Prime Minister of our country someday.
The last tidbit of info: Nigel Wong was in Winston's Class in Primary School! For all the ACS boys, this one is probably a real shocker....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home