Wednesday, August 20

30 hours away...

listening to He Yao Shan - Mei You Ni


church

Church was wonderful. I'd love to attend more bible studies in future. I just can't imagine sitting around and not knowing everything inside that thick book that I profess to believe in as my Holy Scriptures! I didn't tell the ministry people that I was free, so I had a field day wandering around in church in normal "civilian" clothes.

Oh yeah! I saw the goth doll usher again! She's damn pretty! Ok, pretty to me. Against the backdrop of the other girls in church, she's more or less, plus or minus "average". I guess I'm just damn weird to end up talking about girls in every single post that I pen. It's so weird. I was never like this not too long ago. NS really gets to your head and makes you so sick of being around guys. I just need to hang around a feel girls to "counter the negative influence".

She wasn't doing duty. The interesting I find about her is that she wears told old-age era "victorian style inspired" clothing. You know? Those with a neo-classical Eastern-Western blending of flowery desgns along with the contemporary european flower layouts. It's damn funny. It's almost like when I look at her, I can see a revival of the goth-inspired corset literature in clothes.

No no. I won't let a girl distract me in church! Last time when I was still church hopping I would. But now, God's more important that any girl on the planet. I have to "resist" the influx of girls trying to push God out of my focus. So distracting! ARGH! Stupid NS! Screw me up until like that. =(

dream

I had a damn weird dream last night. It was so weird I don't think I can forget it. Worst, there were unique "ending circumstances" - as in the spoiler to a good dream? Normally Lena NEVER wakes me up in the morning. I wake up using an alarm. However, today, as it was getting to the good part of the dream she banged on my door and woke me up! Argh! SPOILER man!

It was such a weird dream, but it was damn happy. Till I was woken up of course. I think I ought to follow Noelle's blog and "install" a "dreamweaver" or "dreamcatcher" - it supposedly gives you more vivid and pleasant dreams. Anyone knows where a pepetually-broke NSman can buy one? 1.99 shop? 2nd hand shop?

I won't elaborate. Its too happy to share with anyone. Anyway if I shared it, everyone would just laugh till they died. Its too weird to be mortally comprehensible to the non-dreamers....

work...again

Nothing much on patrol. I got the worst area - the waters of the Island of Doom. Basically its slightly off Pulau Tekong, slightly off the area of Changi Airport and the furthest away from the base.

My crew commander was a SGT, so he was quite slack. In fact, everyone on board except me was a SGT - so that made for more cooperation and less rank division. He was quite a nice guy as usual.

As usual, the first gunner was a big time bastard. With nothing better to do, he had to insist on testing me on the memorisation of stupid service numbers! I think we all got to go shoot these first gunners and throw their bodies overboard for the fish to eat. Perhaps even the fish wouldn't want to eat their bodies anyway....

I managed to get 2 fitful hours of rest. Its hard to sleep on the boat even for a while.

We chased away 3 sampans fishing illegally in our waters. By right we would have to arrest them as illegal immigrants already, but because malaysian waters were like just 1/2 a nautical mile away, we just let them off. One of these fishermen we chased off managed to scoot off with a 60cm catfish before his departure! Not bad! So now you know where to fish - the waters off Changi!

We only spot-checked one boat. It was this going-to-sink Indon trade craft. The whole entire thing was terribly rickety, being made out of wood. I wondered how seaworthy it was when its so small and has five men onboard. Worst, The men actually built the thing themselves, use a crude wooden pole for steering, an old car engine for propulsion and fly our Singapore flag from a wooden branch! Power man!

We almost crashed into them when trying to go alongside and almost broke their fragile craft into two. =P It was going to sink anyway... The men have to crawl from the deck into the accomodation via a cut off section in their side no bigger than the size of a 20 inch monitor. Even worst was that they didn't have a proper gangway at the side. It was just a wooden block 2 inches thick! I wouldn't jump from my coast guard boat onto their ship! I think the whole thing might just capsize! The men were really dirty and were walking around barefooted. Terrible squalor. I bet their toilet is just the open sea....

I really need a digital camera. Can take more intersting shots and put them up here for all to see. There are really lots of interesting sights on the sea.

without You, my life is meaningless
without You, my life is worthless
without You, my life is not worth living
without You, my life is not complete
without You, my life does not count
without You, my life is hopeless
without You, I am nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home