Tuesday, August 26

Listening to Weird Al Yankovic - You Don't Love Me Anymore

musings about a microphone

Its a tuesday. Love MGS was last Friday. Ok. Rev. Goh took my name and address on Friday night, assuming he doesn't work on Saturdays and he preaches back on Sundays. I have to admit his church's administration is a rather efficient one. Saturday, Sunday and Monday and I've received the package he's promised!

Well, Mom 'alerted' me to the presence of a letter when I came back. I don't know, but I think my mom gets a kick about informing me that I have a letter at home, since I often gloat to her about the glory of the convienience of e-mail, sass the viruses.

When I think about it again. She only specifically informs me when I get letters/packages of a Christian Nature. Well, this one was no exception since it had the logo of Covenant Community Church PLUS the address on it. The address - my mom will come disturb me about it later. It reads "Methodist Girls' School, Level 3".

"Go MGS Go MGS, trying to find a girlfriend behind my back right?!". In the past when the "proper focus" should be on studies, she wouldn't take to well to such stuff. But I guess Mom has toned down alot in regards to girls schools. Now she's saying, "When are you going to get married?" And my brother HAS to bang me, "HA! LOSER! Cannot find girlfriend!". Well, all I have to say ist that its not the right time now.

Well I won't retort, since its not in my "peaceful-nature" to do so. Just that when I got the letter, it brought back a flood of memories. Because, a few years ago, during one of those ACS-MGS Christian Fellowship camps (Where we get to mee the DREADFUL MS SEE), many "interesting" things happened. One of those was the breaking of a microphone stand in that church. Ya, basically, this ultra-rich MGS girl accidentally broke the microphone stand in the church and it ended up that the camp people threw her into the swimming pool in her house a few days later on to "make up for that sin".

Now, as much as I've been a terrible student in school, I've never joined a bunch of guys and girls to "plot" and throw a girl into the swimming pool. You get a very heavy feeling on guilt later on, until the wet party smiles at you for you silly immaturity and nonsense. Then you join her by jumping yourself into the pool to "even the debt".

Crazy things ACS boys and MGS girls do. And this is from the so-called "holier" bunch from the Christian Fellowship!

Nonsense! A microphone stand breaks, and a couple of ACS boys and MGS girls end up in the pool. No No, they did take "precautions" to wear dark-colored T Shirts beforehand to prevent us from "sinning against God". What can I say? I was like no older than 15 when all this nonsense took place many years ago.

The story continues when I end up seeing all those "MGS girls in the pool" when I was in JC2. Its a funny feeling. You don't shake hands. You laugh uncontrollably upon meeting. AC-MG spirit? Hahahahaha! *muses*

As for the girl we threw into the pool. She's not just ultra-rich. She's ultra-smart as well. The last I know was that she was studying in MIT. And all the guys get their inferior-feeling-jacket on. Worst, she's younger than us! Woah, inferiority complex can?

So I really want to thank Rev. Goh for his kindness. He probably packed the CD Package this so quickly that he didn't even bother to take off a the "$20" dollar price tag. Hmmmm... What can I say? Make it up to them by sending a donation of twenty bucks? I think the money is not even worth the life-changing message in the CD - "Journey to Holiness through the Tabernacle of Moses". No. The Old Testament isn't boring. Its full of neat surprises. Like an exciting thriller/suspense book at times.

As for the other "interesting things". Another day. There are too many stories already. I did too much stuff as part of a True Blue ACSian on "sister school territory" that I shouldn't mention. Lest, lots of other ACSians get incriminated in the process.

As Rev. Charles puts it to me in JC2. He just told me.

"I told God to tell me, when that's the right girl for me, just let me know". Charles POWER Man! The best thing is that he isn't distracted by pretty girls unlike quite a number of us! Even Matt, even Anthony, the people whom I end up praying with quite often, can honestly admit they they too, do get distracted. No one's perfect after all, but Rev's prayer is a great example on how to handle this entire thing. Leave it to God!

church matters

I'm supposed to be rushing to church at this time now. But apparently, I need TICKETS to even get into the overflow room, much less the main sanctuary. Merf asked me to crash with him, but being part of the ministry that is supposed to "weed out" those without ticket, I feel that it'll put me and the other ministry people in a difficult position. Anyway, merf can crash with much greater ease since he has a red badge whilst I have nothing on. I'll just have to be content with watching the service online. Just hope I'm not "pinged out" by too many connections.

Its strange. For the past 4 years, I've never been even able to attend ONE "Revival Conference" meeting with a great Apostle of Jesus Christ - Rev. Dr. Ulf Ekman. As much as I knoew of, the other pastors/ministry workers outside of church that I have the opportunity to get to know have a very excellent impression of him. Tsk. I wish I could go, but every year, something literally STOPS me from doing so. Sigh.

On a happier note. Apparently, even though my cellgroup has broken up, I'll still be with the same leader! So that's a good way to continue my bible study. Have to accelerate and finish everything by the end of this year. Can't afford to take my own sweet time already. =)

Bible study is SO FUN and so enjoyable. I wonder how come so many Christian shirk past this part, believing that God's Word is boring, dull, dry, "uninspiring" and "out of touch". Well, I used to be like that, so I can't really blame them, either.

the past, enchanting, with its stories
the present, enjoyable despite its difficulties
the future, uncertain and frightening at times
but the Book, that isn't one of a plethora of zines
gives us entrance to peace
when it hands unto us the keys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home