Sunday, August 31

Listening to Michael Buble - Mack the Knife

I seem to be downloading every single cover version of mack the knife. In my opinion, I think its really one of the best jazz classics EVER. Michael Buble's voice is rather nice. Not as dry or deep as Louis Armstrong's or Nat King Cole's. It's as clear as Frank Sinatra. Just that the drums on the song resemble more of a pop 2 beat instead of the jazz 3 beat. I think in the area of drumming quality, Ella Fitzerald has the best drummer, not only that, her rhythm, tonation and voice are probably the best vocals you could get in jazz.

Oh. I think her drummer was Buddy Rich. The best jazz drummer that ever lived. His playing technique is just incredible. It seems that the "lighter" the type of music, the harder to play the drums. i.e Heavy Metal to Rock to Pop and then to Jazz, Latin and Classical. Jazz is probably the best genre of music around on the planet. It SO nice. Wonder why everyone just loves rock when they lyrics are just sooo full of nonsense. But then again, its just a matter of preference and perception.

security

I wanted to get extra 5 minutes sleep after my morning call went off. In the end, I overslept by an hour! Somehow, Dad once again decided to drive me all the way to church - he himself ending up for his own church service late. The last time, it was 120 Kmh, today, it was 130 kmh!

Mom said that when Dad was younger, he'd routinely go at 160 kmh and 210 once in a while. =P Thinking about it, if I stay in SG for my university studies, I'll go get a nice rally car - perhaps the likes of that super ultra ah beng mitsubishi evolution 9 or something like that, tuned up by Norris Systems and with NoX Systems onboard. Hypothetically, if I ever need to, I'd blast down the expressway at 260 kmh. 0-100 kmh in just 2.9 seconds! Faster than a Ferrari or Lamborghini! But that's just a hypothetical example. More than nought, I'll be driving around in Mom's Toyota Corona when I get my driving license 6 months down the road!

The job was quite simple for me today. I was just holed up in a room with all the monitors showing what the various security cameras around church was showing. Other than that, I was to supervise the counting of the money. Trust me, there's ALOT of money when church takes a routine offering. I think easily 30 000. There is like this pail full of fifty dollar notes and another pail full of 10 dollar notes. Probably enough for me to buy one nice rig of a computer! =P

As for the service, my duty again was rather simple. Nothing much, only the fact that many people kept streaming into the service 1/2 and hour after it had started and that the ushers were rushing around to set up more chairs in the main hall. No sign of the goth doll - she's probably off duty today.

Message was great. All I can say is that even as church changes its purpose from a Faith based church to a Missions Base. And although I know nuts about mission and probably don't have the strength of character to be a missionary - yet. I can still be a helper on missions - which is what I intend to be when I finish my NS and can leave the country every now and then in the university. Its rather hard to get leave now that I'm doing my NS, so I won't count on being able to leave SG for another 2 years or less. I'll just support my church in whatever area it decides to proceed with. Even for ministry, the Asst Chief told us today to just "be prepared", for we might go overseas to escort pastors on mission trips overseas.

Whatever it is. I'll just go. I'll try to grow up faster. Finish as many bible study sessions as I can, read the Bible more and pray more and try to fast. Every weak Christian has to start somewhere. So I guess its nothing to be ashamed of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home