I've been sleeping real late lately and waking up rather late as well. Nowadays I've been waking up at 6.30, skipping my morning shower, rushing to pack my stuff for the day, rushing through breakfast, foregoing the papers and then heading off to work - All within the span of 20 minutes.
I might as well have not come to work early today. The entire morning was free as Sgt Pang had to help us settle the guest lists for our Passing out Parade (POP). As I was quite drained and tired after snoozing off at about 1a.m last night, I just slept throughout the whole morning till about 10.30 when I had a late morning breakfast with the guys.
Nero 6.0 will be out in 11 days time! Its like the best CD burning software ever created on the planet! Yesterday, for the first time, I discovered that I could rip and encode into mp3 any track on an audio cd within 30 seconds! Atek attributes this to the 8 meg cache on the drive.
Seriously, I never knew Nero could rip and ENCODE. I always thought that it was just my cd copying burning tool. Now I need not go round downloading a whole cd on kazaa when I can just rip and encode an entire cd in just slightly over 7 minutes? May windows and its wma format DIE! Long live mp3!
The afternoon was sucky drill. Drill sessions are on almost everyday now. Every session seems to be starting earlier and ending later. Last week, we started at 2.30 and finished at 4.15. Today, we started at 1.30 and finished at 5.05. All that marching with a rifle really sucks. Our parade commander sucks as well.
Oh well, on the hindsight, its probably the last time I'm going to do any marching for the rest of my NS life! So might as well do it properly and get it over with.
Tomorrow, its going to be at Kallang. SUCKS! Half the squad will be going out on sortie tomorrow, my turn is on thursday. Ironically, I chose KALLANG as my preferred base of posting! Sigh, Though GUL is alot better, I would rather not want to protect Jurong Island, as it is considered a prime terrorist target. Can't slack on duty for Jurong Island as it is economically and strategically very important to our country. Too heavy a responsibility for me at this stage.
I finally managed to meet my mei today|!
I got off work at 5.50, managed to catch the first bus! Yesterday I waited 40 minutes, today, it felt like 40 seconds! Too bad there were just too many red lights (especially during peak hour) and so the 20 minute journy became 30.
Met mei at Starbucks in Holland V. She still looks the same! Her cheeks are noticeably more rosy than before. Well, we just indulged in small talk over coffee. Just that I was too cheapskate to go buy a cup! I'm quite broke since its the end of the month and pay day is like this saturday?
It's wonderful to meet up with her again. Just talked about AC life and stuff. I felt like I talked too much about MYSELF and did not make an active effort to engage HER! DAMN! Have to try harder at this business of communication.
I just walked mei to the train station later on. Damn, If I were richer, I'd send her home by taxi! POOR me!
Next time, it won't be so. =)
I might as well have not come to work early today. The entire morning was free as Sgt Pang had to help us settle the guest lists for our Passing out Parade (POP). As I was quite drained and tired after snoozing off at about 1a.m last night, I just slept throughout the whole morning till about 10.30 when I had a late morning breakfast with the guys.
Nero 6.0 will be out in 11 days time! Its like the best CD burning software ever created on the planet! Yesterday, for the first time, I discovered that I could rip and encode into mp3 any track on an audio cd within 30 seconds! Atek attributes this to the 8 meg cache on the drive.
Seriously, I never knew Nero could rip and ENCODE. I always thought that it was just my cd copying burning tool. Now I need not go round downloading a whole cd on kazaa when I can just rip and encode an entire cd in just slightly over 7 minutes? May windows and its wma format DIE! Long live mp3!
The afternoon was sucky drill. Drill sessions are on almost everyday now. Every session seems to be starting earlier and ending later. Last week, we started at 2.30 and finished at 4.15. Today, we started at 1.30 and finished at 5.05. All that marching with a rifle really sucks. Our parade commander sucks as well.
Oh well, on the hindsight, its probably the last time I'm going to do any marching for the rest of my NS life! So might as well do it properly and get it over with.
Tomorrow, its going to be at Kallang. SUCKS! Half the squad will be going out on sortie tomorrow, my turn is on thursday. Ironically, I chose KALLANG as my preferred base of posting! Sigh, Though GUL is alot better, I would rather not want to protect Jurong Island, as it is considered a prime terrorist target. Can't slack on duty for Jurong Island as it is economically and strategically very important to our country. Too heavy a responsibility for me at this stage.
I finally managed to meet my mei today|!
I got off work at 5.50, managed to catch the first bus! Yesterday I waited 40 minutes, today, it felt like 40 seconds! Too bad there were just too many red lights (especially during peak hour) and so the 20 minute journy became 30.
Met mei at Starbucks in Holland V. She still looks the same! Her cheeks are noticeably more rosy than before. Well, we just indulged in small talk over coffee. Just that I was too cheapskate to go buy a cup! I'm quite broke since its the end of the month and pay day is like this saturday?
It's wonderful to meet up with her again. Just talked about AC life and stuff. I felt like I talked too much about MYSELF and did not make an active effort to engage HER! DAMN! Have to try harder at this business of communication.
I just walked mei to the train station later on. Damn, If I were richer, I'd send her home by taxi! POOR me!
Next time, it won't be so. =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home