Saturday, June 28

Bad Day

Today is just one of those classic bad days. As I type this, I'm not sad, in fact I feel somewhat happy and glad that I go through such nonsense in life. Adversity, whatever the form, does build character. =)

The day started with news of Isa's father having passed away. The news just made everyone shut up for quite a while. Not more than 2 months ago, 2 days before the passing out ceremony at Tracom, Isa's mother passed away. This is really a double whammy for him. There pain inflicted is so emotionally bad, it can sometimes just affect a person for the rest of his life.

If both mum and dad died within the span of 2 months. I think I'll just have a nervous breakdown. Our parents to a certain extent are one of the major anchors in our life. Think about this: a ship anchored with one anchor and another anchored with two. In violent class 12 storms. The one with 2 obviously holds better. I feel damn sorry for him. Its like both his ship's anchors' have been cut and the vessel is now just drifting pushed by a current of sadness in a sea of pain.

Later, we reported 15 minutes late to the aoFI. So we got screwed quite badly. Had to end up cleaning the base for an hour by picking up dried leaves with our hands - no tools allowed. Later we also had to clean the entire block which our classroom was in.

Someone misintepreted the orders and in the end, we only cleaned up the classroom. So we got screwed one more time when the aoFI came to inspect the building. He just told us "to prepare for the worst next week". Well, whatever that dirty bastard has up his sleeve, I can take it like a man! I will face whatever music I have to listen to and I won't shirk away from such things.

Want to tekan COME! We'll fight a paper war instead! The pen is truly mightier than the sword, especially in the Police. A well written complaint get do wonders. Its like the people who read the complaints are like scared of people whose english is power.

Its almost like a war of attrition, with the pen being used as a weapon to destroy.

Later we were bundled into a police bus to take us to Isa's house in Bedok North to attend the funeral. When we reached there, the whole ceremony had finished and they had left for the Chua Chu Kang Muslim Cemetery.

Immediately, I got into a police mini-van (air con!) and the long journy to CCKMC was on its way.

We only arrived to find that the body had been buried and everyone had left. How quick. Most of the other chinese guys didn't want to go believing that it was "suay" and that their "religion" and "beliefs" prevented them from going. Most of the Muslim guys were surprised that I wanted to go, along with Adrian to at least offer some "emotional support".

In the end, Wei Loong also ended up with us. He stays in CCK, so perhaps that's the reason why he tagged along with us.

I wanted to go to the toilet at Boon Lay, but it was "closed for washing". Tahan until Buona Vista and then I found out that the toilet too, was "closed for washing". Sigh, walking around with a full bladder really sucks. The feeling is just urghhh...

I called home only to find out that they didn't cook lunch for me. Dad had specifically asked me in the morning and I had asked him to buy/cook lunch for me. Its always like this, asking for lunch in the morning, going home expectant for lunch only to find out that they didn't cook lunch or even buy something for me!

I had to walk home in the hot sun, wearing two layers of clothes, being stuck at all the junctions with a freshly changed red man. Standing under the hot sun is terribly when you're wearing two layers of clothes. And the weather has been terribly hot lately. Another reason to migrate for most people.

The food at Kallang gave me a stomach ache. It was my fault - I was so hungry I forgot to wash my hands. As I added ice to my iced milo using my bare hands (there was no scoop). I suddenly remembered that I hadn't washed my hands even though my hands have been like on the ground the whole time.

Too thristy to wait, queue and buy another drink and too stingy to let the drink go to waste. I just drank the whole thing. And now I'm stuck with a bad stomachache. Sighs.

They say that in NS, guys tend to pick up alot of dirty habits. I think its true. Dirt is our second best friend. Pain is our best friend.

Just another rotten day, but nevermind. Life goes on. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home