Thursday, June 26

I didn't serve NS today. Serious.

The entire Navigation course finished at about 10 a.m today. I've more or less managed to grasp the complexities of the compass. I never knew such a simple device can be so complicated. Imagine if the compass bearing has to be modified for variation, deviation, magnetism and a whole range of other stuff that could mess up the reading.

Believe me, compasses have to be calibrated and tested to ensure accuraccy. After the last few days, it fes like the standard "North-South" marker on any map or chart will never look the same to me again.

In the morning, our instuctors came late, so the squad ended up watching MTV. After lunch, the class was treated to a movie "Bulletproof" and later "Men of Honor". SSgt Tay wanted us to write an essay on the "underlying lesson" on the show "Man of Honor". Even Dad recommends it to me.

It sure was an excellent show. You ought to catch it too.

I had physical training today - just run to the Naval Academy and then end up riding SSgt Tay's bicyle around Brani along with Nico. SSgt Tay really wasn't joking when he told us, "If we all go running, you all run while I ride my bicycle". His bicycle was some "office-purchased" "mountain bike". It really sucked. But since I'm a guy who doesn't play soccer, basketball or sepak takraw (READ: LONER and AVOIDANT) Cycling is like a really fun thing to do.

The day ended quite simply with a trip to the Newly renovated HarbourFront Shopping Mall. There's not much human traffic there so it was a relief from the crowds at Orchard and City Hall. Ended up checking out watches with Nico at CityChain. He was like telling me how "Ah Pek" and "For Kids" the watches on selection were.

I told him, just budget 4 to 500 for a nice simple time engine watch with leather straps. Looks like Nico's gonna get himself a Time Engine within the next three months. Time Engine watches are relatively good, German Engineering, made entirely out of Stainless Steel and they imitate the watch dials of the very much more expensive Breitling, Breguet, Rolex and stuff.

I'm gonna buy myself a Breguet when I start working. For the rest of my life I have decided to wear ONLY Breguets. No ah pei Rolex for me. Thank You.

To me

You should be back as I type this! I hope I can somehow contact you via the HP no you gave me the last time! Hope to see you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home