Wednesday, June 18

The whole entire house is mine for the next 5 nights and 4 days. Dad, Mum and my bro have left to LONDON! Dad is going to have a business engagement there, so mum and my bro decided to just tag along to do some sightseeing and meet up with some old friends staying in London.

One day when I'll visit London, I'll stay in the finest hotels, eat the finest food and be pampered like a King. I don't know why, but besides New York, I have a penchant for London, probably a city of dreams as well. Sure England on the whole is well very mildly put: a screwed up country. Mad Cow disease, Tony Blair, 48% tax, 17.5% GST, white supremacist racism, EXPENSIVE, high cost of living and I could go on.

But seriously, so much history is in London. It has a very rich cultural heritage from the "glory days" of the British Empire. 100 years back they were the superpower of the world. Today they're just a mockery of their former self. And yeah, the pompous Briitsh do step on the toes of us "Mogoloids" very often.

Nothin much happened today, just that we got a "new" teacher - SSgt Tay. He's our Navigation teacher and quite a slacker too. Two weeks ago, remember at morning physical training on saturday? Yeah, he made us run to the indoor stadium, then we all sat down to have a 45 min chat and later run back to base.

Though he's slack, he's quite a good teacher. A little bit more interesting that SSgt Poh and SSgt Tan. He's like the chinese version of SSgt Zulkifli - a clown character, joker, slacker and good teacher all rolled into one.

There was only a few topics covered today, namely longitude, latitude and stuff (basically sec 2 geog) and then there was some teachings on conversion from magnetic to true bearings. Thankfully, there's no conversion of True North Pole calibration to Magnetic North Pole Calibration. I couldn't do it honestly.

Somehow, he started the day by asking "whose the highest in the seamanship". Sighs, Ragu just had to point at me and call me "professor". Damn, that nick name is really sticking on me. I find that its too proud and besides, I'm not exactly very smart? The good thing was that SSgt Tay didn't disturb me the WHOLE day. Its like he picks on the others to do pushups in class, go do silly things or punish them in a joking manner for all kinds of stupid stuff.

Somehow, when it was my turn, he'd just "oh i'm not going to touch your professor". Much to the guffaws of the class. Since SSgt Tay was a little more strict, he gave out all kinds of funny punishments to amuse the class. Like making Kadir type out the entire article of the newpaper he had been secretly reading in his drawer and smashing books on Kadir's table when he was caught sleeping in class.

Kadir sleeping in classme and Nico


I can't really remember much of today, because I've been in deep thought lately. Basically you the reader can help (although I don't expect it to be much more than mei or mel here), you must see the flaws in my character and personality and TELL ME! Yeah, that's about it.

Nothing much happened today I'd say, just another quiet day in Brani. Tomorrow is at darned kallang. That wretched place.

Before we could leave for home, SSgt Tay requested that 3 of the "smartest" people in the squad go up and solve a random question he gives us. Basically, if the three of them can solve it, everyone goes home and if they don't, everybody stays. Somehow I ended up amongst the three along with Rahmat and Adrian.

I couldn't do the question, "What's the characteristics of True North Bearing Radar". Lucky the squad could go home since Rahmat could answer his question. In the end, I end up with an extra assignment: get eight points on True North Bearing Radar and then present it on Friday.

Nevermind. Anyone wants to sleep over at my house? Guys and girls are welcome. Ya, the guys can sleep in my room the girls in my brother's. Heh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home