I skipped church today. Not only because I woke up close to 10.15, but also my dad hinted yesterday that he might just buy me and my brother new handphones! Well, I didn't feel guilty telling Merf that I couldn't come to church because I was going out with my family for "father's day".
In a sense I lied, as in a half truth. I don't wish to lie and stuff but I honestly find that my character is weakening over time. Things that I would not have done or said in JC I do now in NS. And after all that prayer and desire to be a better Christian, I feel like I've flopped totally.
Even though it was Father's Day, I feigned ignorance when my mum went to hug my dad and wish him a "happy father's day". I made up a cock and bull story about not knowing that today was father's day, even though I knew it. I would rather keep quiet and do other things today than to wish my dad a happy father's day.
No doubt my parents love me, but seriously, I don't even feel close to them. I read in the paper today about this guy who often feels so near yet so far from his family. I feel just the way he does. So near and yet so far. Even though my dad sends me to work everyday, yet I don't even know much about him. I think I have a seriously dysfunctional family, perhaps that's one contributing factor that makes me so screwed up.
The whole family went to Suntec City to collect my brother's spoiled watch, my bro has been using my watch for a few months now, I'm just glad to have it back. We were rushing to send my bro off for his tuition when Mum spotted an M1 shop. My dad knowing that my brother fully expects to have a Nokia 7250 in his hands by the days end went to upgrade the line for him and to buy him the phone.
Dad quoted, "I sign my life away for you all the time" to my bro when signing the 24 month contracts. They didn't have the phone I wanted there so Dad suggested that we go to Great World City to go get my Samsung.
Mum hadn't been happy once she found out that not just my brother, but me as well, wanted a new phone. She told me to wait till after NS. To me, that is just totally absurd. Well, whenever my mum can't get her way, she'll just have a moodswing and throw temper tantrums. I honestly think its childish. I woudn't want my girl to be of the irrational moodswing type. Thank God, she isn't.
On the way out, we bumped into Aunty Poh Lin and so my mum went to join them. Obviously, she wanted to get away from this whole handphone fuss.
As dad drove to Great World City, after he had dropped my bro off at tuition in Eunos, he figured that Bugis would be a better place to get my phone. In the end, we ended up at Parco Bugis Junction, where Dad redeemed some of his M1 points to get a discount on my terribly expensive phone. It cost him 700 bucks, thank you God.
Funny how come when I've been so unfaithful to God, God is still so faithful to me. I asked Him for a new handphone just about 2 weeks back at the most? Thank You God, once again! =)
So now as I type this, I have my dream phone, a Samsung V200 with a camera, mms and 40 chord polyphonic ringtones in front of me. Not only that, Samsung included 2 batteries, handsfree kit, travel charger, battery desktop charger and a data cable as well. How's that for value? I think Samsung will overtake Nokia in 1 years' time.
Dad initially told me that the Samsung phone was no good, when I flipped open the cover, he immediately gasped and decided that his next business phone would be a Samsung. The guys at Samsung have seriously improved alot, as compared to their earlier phones.
Dad upgraded my plan as well, got me GPRS and all the other stuff. Thanks to Dad, Thanks most of all to God.
Had dinner at Aunty Poh Lin's house later on and came home. A simple day, but I wish that I had a better family life. I dont' think I'll ever marry or have children, but I'll pray that I'll have good "fatherly" qualities like my Heavenly Father.
In a sense I lied, as in a half truth. I don't wish to lie and stuff but I honestly find that my character is weakening over time. Things that I would not have done or said in JC I do now in NS. And after all that prayer and desire to be a better Christian, I feel like I've flopped totally.
Even though it was Father's Day, I feigned ignorance when my mum went to hug my dad and wish him a "happy father's day". I made up a cock and bull story about not knowing that today was father's day, even though I knew it. I would rather keep quiet and do other things today than to wish my dad a happy father's day.
No doubt my parents love me, but seriously, I don't even feel close to them. I read in the paper today about this guy who often feels so near yet so far from his family. I feel just the way he does. So near and yet so far. Even though my dad sends me to work everyday, yet I don't even know much about him. I think I have a seriously dysfunctional family, perhaps that's one contributing factor that makes me so screwed up.
The whole family went to Suntec City to collect my brother's spoiled watch, my bro has been using my watch for a few months now, I'm just glad to have it back. We were rushing to send my bro off for his tuition when Mum spotted an M1 shop. My dad knowing that my brother fully expects to have a Nokia 7250 in his hands by the days end went to upgrade the line for him and to buy him the phone.
Dad quoted, "I sign my life away for you all the time" to my bro when signing the 24 month contracts. They didn't have the phone I wanted there so Dad suggested that we go to Great World City to go get my Samsung.
Mum hadn't been happy once she found out that not just my brother, but me as well, wanted a new phone. She told me to wait till after NS. To me, that is just totally absurd. Well, whenever my mum can't get her way, she'll just have a moodswing and throw temper tantrums. I honestly think its childish. I woudn't want my girl to be of the irrational moodswing type. Thank God, she isn't.
On the way out, we bumped into Aunty Poh Lin and so my mum went to join them. Obviously, she wanted to get away from this whole handphone fuss.
As dad drove to Great World City, after he had dropped my bro off at tuition in Eunos, he figured that Bugis would be a better place to get my phone. In the end, we ended up at Parco Bugis Junction, where Dad redeemed some of his M1 points to get a discount on my terribly expensive phone. It cost him 700 bucks, thank you God.
Funny how come when I've been so unfaithful to God, God is still so faithful to me. I asked Him for a new handphone just about 2 weeks back at the most? Thank You God, once again! =)
So now as I type this, I have my dream phone, a Samsung V200 with a camera, mms and 40 chord polyphonic ringtones in front of me. Not only that, Samsung included 2 batteries, handsfree kit, travel charger, battery desktop charger and a data cable as well. How's that for value? I think Samsung will overtake Nokia in 1 years' time.
Dad initially told me that the Samsung phone was no good, when I flipped open the cover, he immediately gasped and decided that his next business phone would be a Samsung. The guys at Samsung have seriously improved alot, as compared to their earlier phones.
Dad upgraded my plan as well, got me GPRS and all the other stuff. Thanks to Dad, Thanks most of all to God.
Had dinner at Aunty Poh Lin's house later on and came home. A simple day, but I wish that I had a better family life. I dont' think I'll ever marry or have children, but I'll pray that I'll have good "fatherly" qualities like my Heavenly Father.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home