Sunday, June 8

Its a Saturday!

I've realised that my entries on saturday are usually very much longer than the weekday entries. Not only because training is only half a day, but I can also go out, stay out late as tomorrow's a sunday. In addition, there's cellgroup on saturday, which already allows for some interaction, and usually, there's something arranged as well.

I had breakfast with Dad this morning. He gave me 4 bucks to buy breakfast. Nevertheless, Dad also ordered from the same stall as me, so he ended up paying for me. Gee, I think I owe God quite a bit on the tithes of the money I've received this month. I think I ought to tithe more as a "buffer zone" to prevent myself from robbing God. Ya, that's what I think I shall do.

The only interesting sight this morning was that there were 2 MGS girls ordering from the same stall as well. Its the school holidays now, so I bet one of the girls' slept over at her friend's place - her uniform was quite crumpled. Haha, one of them looked like her, but of course, so far, in my whole entrie life, no girl I've met can compare to her. It was quite fun just looking at them from the corner of my eye.

When I was in Barker and ACJC, I've always had this weird desire to "go get an MGS girlfriend". Its not really for the relationship or anything, just that most of the guys had girlfriends from MGS. In a sense, I'm thankful that I don't communicate well with girls, so that stopped my so called dream straight in its tracks. I only realised much later that doing such things is so selfish and it is not nice to just go break a girl's heart. =) Cos its really painful, not physically, but emotionally.

Kallang Regional Base

I've spent the whole week at Kallang already, on monday and tuesday, I will still have to report there. It has been like the longest stretch of time I've spent at Kallang at one go. I miss Brani and its relaxed atmosphere. At least for today, the run wasn't far at all. The officer who took us, he just made us run up the stairs of the indoor stadium nearby and when we were there, asked us to sit down and had a chat with us! Apparently, he too ran quite a distance the previous day and did not wish to run today. I think the same sentiment was shared by the squad as well.

So in the end, we walked back to KRB, only to run at the very last part, to give the senior officers the impression that we have been running all the way. Its always fun to do such things. Later, I had a break and almost feel asleep in the classroom as no instructor had come in after 10.30. At slightly past 11, SSgt Zulkifli came in. He had earlier requested 12 guys to report to the armoury. Only when he came back with about 12 M16s did we understand that today would just be weapons cleaning, in preparing for our live firing on monday.

I did not know how to strip the weapon down to the bolt, so I just snuck away from my place at the back to the front to learn from the regulars how to do so. SSgt Zulkifli later asked me how to spell "ambidextrous" again. He later asked me what was the meaning of the word "scion" - I didn't know, so he joked with me that he didn't want to be my friend anymore. Funny guy, he never stops joking and his lessons are forever so interesting - almost impossible to fall asleep.

We were allowed to go home at 12.30, but the senior officers forced us to stay back till 1, they claimed that it was "not appropriate" to release us so early. Even half an hour, they want to pinch from us. So I eneded up spending time in the Firing Simulator Training Room, a computer simulated GPMG firing range.

Secretly knowing the answer
I called mum to buy lunch for me and mum told me that they were cooking it. Mum asked me if I knew my posting results already. I just feigned "forgetfulness" and said that I didn't now that the results were out already. After all, she would complain should I tell her my posting about the fact that I knew, but didn't bother to tell her.

I reached home and check the site in front of mum. She was quite surprised that I got accountancy at NTU. Dad too was surprised, the didn't expect such a posting from my bad results. Later, Mum said that it wasn't up to her expectations as I did not make it to Law. Oh well, in a sense, I feel my mum demands too much from me. Yes, she has my own personal interests at heart, but mum is like a person who cannot accept disspointments. Sigh. Thank God I've learn to accept them as and when they come.

I showed Dad the advertisement brochure for that samsung phone. He told me that it was a "flip type" and came with "antenna". I told him that I didn't mind it since its features were so good. He asked me if I wanted to get it today, perhaps as a reward for having obtained a place in Accountancy. I told him it was not necessary to rush, especially since I would be booked the whole day. I think we'll be getting the phone next week. Heh. I thinks its a good and nice phone.

Cellgroup

My brother actually came for cellgroup today, claiming that "exams were over". More like he wanted to see Vanessa. It was her birthday today. Cellgroup was better than I expected. Could feel the presence of God. And it was a short message. I prefer short cellgroup sermons and long service sermons. Don't know why, but I don't exactly like writing notes on the floor.

The cellgroup played this game, where a balloon would be tied to one of our foot and each of us would be paired up brother to sister. So I had Janice as my partner. The objective was to step on each others balloon and burst them. When the game started. I just stoo there whilst Janice screamed ans screamed. Ryan, my brother and I can't remember who else came and attacked me. As I wasn't moving at all, I was their easy target. I only found it highly amusing that it needed 3 people to burst my balloon.

Janice was holding my arm. Its like the first time in my life a girl has actually held me on my arm. It felt weird. Nevertheless, I just positioned myself as a human shield to prevent the others from attacking her. The funniest sight was Vanessa, who had stuffed her ears with toilet paper and just kept her foot with the balloon in the air continously whilst hopping around. She's scared of the sound a balloon makes when burst - it was quite a sight indeed.

The arrival of food for Vanessa's small birthday celebration unnerved almost everyone. Except me. Everyone was jittery and could not wait for the cellgroup to be over before whacking the pizzas. Alice like said the fastest cellgroup offering prayer ever. At one part of the message, Merf mentioned, "after we do this, we can all enjoy ourselves" in reference to preservering in our spiritual walk with God - Vanessa and I just kept laughing. I shared the joke with the cellgroup and they had a great time laughing as well.

When saying grace, Alice insisted at everyone's eyes be closed. I thought nothing of it till we said "Amen". Then George, Merf and Alice sprayed Vanessa with lots of streamers from those party streamer cans. In 20 seconds, she was covered in pink green and blue streaks of ribbons. It was quite a sight. The poor girl almost cried and ran to her room and immediately went to wash her hair. Alice pulled her out just as Vanessa was about to go into the shower, to present her with a birthday cake and sing her a birthday song. Her eyes were red - She had been sobbing quite abit in her room for a while. Poor girl.

I ate the food and left Vanesa's place with the rest of the cellgroup - dropped off at Buono Vista MRT while my brother carried on with the journey home. I set off for City Hall, to meet the class people for another reunion outing.

The Search

I walked one big round around Suntec City before calling T square to ask where they were. He told me it was at Marina Square, not Suntec City. Ok, so I made my way there, walked around and searched like a dog on the ground floor for 20 minutes for that stupid Kenny Rogers. I only realised that it was later on the 3rd floor. Normally restaurants are on the ground floor as they have the highest human traffic. I couldn't find the directory either.

I called T square after I found that Kenny Rogers, I walked inside to find no one from the class. I called T square again and he told me that they had left already just 5 minutes ago and were walking in City Link already. I cursed at him for not asking them to just wait 5 more minutes for me. So he asked the class to stop and wait for me at the escalator that links Marina Square to City Link. That stupid bugger is sometimes so unreliable, so its good just to swear at him once in a while. I found it strange, all this is usually not part of my language till I went into NS. Sigh, another weakness in my character.

Lynnie (Lynn Chou) was the first to recognise me as I came down the escalator. She shouted at me and everyone looked towards me. I went to say hi to people that I had not seen for quite some time. Espcially those who enlisted in early April. Quite a number of them were there: Thomas, James, T Square, Lester, Andrew, Ivan, Aaron, Lynn, Peiyi, Michele, Siding, Siew Koon and Alice. Some of them had come for the dinner earlier but had left.

I played catch up as to how their lives had been and what courses they have been posted to. Let's see if I can recall correctly:

Lynn - Indiana University
Peiyi - Business Administration NUS
Siding - Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) NUS
Michele - Computer Science NUS
Siew Koon - Business Administration SMU
Alice - Accountancy NTU
Rajat - Indiana University
Yu Da - NUS Engineering
Thomas - NTU Engineering
James - Economics SMU
Kelvin - Business Administration NUS
Andrew - Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences NUS
Aaron - FASS

I think that's about all I can remember correctly I think. I don't think I'll accept the place at NTU, I'd rather go to NYU instead! The lure of the Big Apple is irresitible to me. Later, we proceeded to the roof of the Esplanade to just chat, until I was drawn to a live jazz musical performance downstairs and I asked the class to go down to have a listen.

The jazz drummer was very very good. For the first time, I could see clearly how jazz drumming was like. It is not easy at all. The beats are so uneven and so alternating that its hard to keep a beat. He could roll at a very high speed. This is the kind of drumming technique I want to learn. Everyone can play rock or pop easily, because the beats are even. But jazz is very difficult and I desire to master this style of drumming. Which is why I want to go to New York. I'll try to find a professional BLACK drummer to teach me. The blacks are simply the best in music.

Later, some of them went off. James had broken his arm, so he had to go home early to take his medication. T square left with him. Some of the girls also decided not to proceed on to Embargo at One Fullerton for drinks so they left as well. At least we still had a group of nine when we arrived there. Thomas wanted to rejoin us, but later scrapped the idea. Aaron wanted to leave us to go for the CJC party at Zouk but later changed his mind.

The waitress who served us looked a little like her, espcially with her short hair and face shape. It was dark, so I couldn't really make out her face, but I can say it did look similar to her. Lester and I were surprised that they do not serve iced water. In out past visits they did. But now, it seemed the policy had changed. Lester thought of brining it up to the management, but we later couldn't be bothered.

I was so broke and here I was splurging money on expensive drinks. Mum had given me 10 bucks for dinner so at least it was a sort of a "subsidy". Haha, the bill came up to about 130 bucks for 9 of us. That's quite alot to pay for a small quantity of water. Lynn asked me and Lester if we would pay a hundred bucks for water. Lester just remarked "if I was dying of thirst". Lynnie has obtained her driver's license! She also told me that she wants to go get a boat license. In my defnition - a pleasure craft licence. A boat license enables a peson to navigate in international waters.

We left at slightly past 11. Ivan's friend decided to send Ivan, Michele and Siding home when they were hit by a lorry. It was quite a sight. What a way to end a night of drinking. I took a taxi with Lynnie, Lester and Peiyi. The taxi driver was horrified that we had requested to go to four places.

Today, I've blown my budget. Looks like I'll have to borrow more from my Dad on Monday. In addition. I have to contribute to this donation card of mine with my money. Its like all the time, money gets sucked out of us. It comes once a month and is gone so soon to transport, food, cellgroup fund, tithe, offerings. Sigh, can't wait to get my corporal's pay. Perhaps then I won't be so broke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home