Monday, June 9

I couldn't log into blogger yesterday as the password verification server was down. Sometimes I really wonder why I pay so much for a service that lags, is slow and has frequent instability issues.

Sunday

Somehow I managed to jumpt out of bed just before 8. Ended up reading the newspapers and having breakfast at home. Spent the rest of the morning on the Net. I'm become a Net Junkie nowadys. I think I might be addicted to the Net. There's just so much to surf and to see and to read! So many things I can do online. And its a great way of keeping in touch with all my JC friends and stuff. I use the computer on average of about 3-5 hours on weekdays and depending on my weekend, probably up to 10 hours for saturday and sunday.

As usual, I had that gloomy draggy feeling that precedes me each time before I go to church. I'm so used to it that it no longer affects me much anymore. In the past I would have just skipped church, but now I just drag myself to church. Its like its almost part of an accepted ritual.

Church was great today. There is now this short prayer session each time before service starts and really don't feel like praying. I feel like it is such a chore at the end of the week just before service starts. But after each week's service I start to enjoy praying to God all over again. Pastor shared a much less serious message with much laughter. There was this new semi-praise song sung during Praise and Worship today and it is like so beautiful?

Cos We're all about You
And all we have will give You praise
Cos we're all about You
And the world can't stop us living Your Way
Always

I always forget the tune of a new song I've sung after leaving church, no matter how many times I've sung it in church. The worship was good. I cried a little during worship. It was an old song that had not been sung in church in probably 3 years or so? All I can say about songs that are written by the worship leader in church is that they are really very centered on God and nothing else? But that's quite subjective as well.

Pastor's message was a very inspiring one - "What to do when you don't know what to do". Somehow, as Dr Kong shared each point. My eyes began to fill with tears. Its like it just strikes a chord deep in my heart. I can't really explain it but it feels like God wrote the whole entire sermon for me and me alone. Pastor extended the interesting part - The power of Praise and Worship. It seems that it is not only the most powerful weapon of my faith, but also brings about the grace and Power of God in me to destroy the works of the devil in my life. Wow. I think I should go study in this area of spiritual warfare. I might actually start becoming immune and invunerable to the attacks of the devil.

I left soon after church. I didn't join the cellgroup today even though I told them I would. Somehow, I just feel quite out of place in my cellgroup. I'm not close to anyone except Alice and Merf, whom I can communicate with quite well. The rest just don't really bother about me. George is well the guy that I see once in a while since he's in ministry nowadays, so I don't see him so often anymore.

I had dinner at Aunt Poh Lin's house. A small simple dinner that filled me. I didn't eat lunch. Part of the reason why I did not wish to join the cellgroup later for fellowship was because I had put my last 5 dollars of this months allowance into the offering bucket. Its really all I had. Pay day is this thurday. Wonder how I will survive.

In Psalms 73, where verse 26 is my favorite. I feel somewhat how Asaph feels. Giving everything he has to God, but never having enough to eat. I don't give my whole pay packet to God. But somehow, I'm always lacking. especially in the area where my stomach is concerned.

"My flesh and my heart faileth, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion FOREVER" - Psalms 73:26

Monday

I jumped out of bed the minute I saw light filtering its way through the curtains of my room. Once again, I couldn't wake up at 5.30 on monday morning. Its like I wake up so late and sleep so late on sunday that my schedule on monday is affected. Luckily, when I checked the clock, it was only 6 in the morning. And the best thing was that I could leave the house later with Dad today as Dad need not send my brother to school.

I asked Dad to lend me another 10 bucks. Its going to the donation card from the Police Force for which I did not go round soliciting donations for.

I reached the base at about 7.30. Only to find Mr Kadir and Suhaimi sitting in the canteen. Apparently, they were not informed to come on a "as per usual" basis today since the squad had live firing. We had earlier been told on friday to report at 7a.m on monday. Poor guys, Mr Kadir, certainly, must have lost quite alot of sleep since he only goes to bed at around 3a.m (I know because he slept in my room in Tracom!)

The morning was spent with SSSgt Ishak going through the fundamentals of aiming with the M16. Later, the squad was taken to Rifle Range road. At first, we were told that we were going to be sent to SAF Mandai Range, but then somehow we got detoured here along the way. I've always wondered WHY it is called rifle range road. Today I understood - at the end of the road was a 300m Rifle Range.

In defence theory, the railroad land owned my Malaysia's KTM, along with the train station situated strategically at Bukit Timah - point of fiercest fighting in WWII in Singapore, could be theoretically used to transport 300 malaysian army commandos trained in urban warfare to storm and take over key installations in Buki Timah. It is nowonder why the gahmen wants to shift the whole train station to tanjong pagar and not here. It is just too big a security threat to forasake.

I though that the recoil and the sound of the gunshot of the M16 would be quite large and too loud, but my concerns were not justified after the first shot was fired. At 100m I managed to hit 14 out of 15 targets. At 200m, just 3 out of 10 targets and at 300m, just 1 out of 5 target! My so called expected average distance is like only 104m? Rahmat managed to shoot 15/15, then 9/10 then incredibly 0/5! He was the top shooter in the squad. Not bad indeed, especially since I couldn't even make out the target at 200m!

The rest of the day was just spent cleaning the rifle with SSgt Zulkifli. As usual, it was just a 2 hour joke session before I went home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home