Saturday, June 14

Wow, Blogger has like changed its interface totally! I must admit that it looks quite very neat! There's embedded help as well|! Now I just hope that they've managed to resolve issues with their bandwidth and stuff.

I couldn't even wake up today. I just jumped out of bed when I realised it was 6.35! Dad told me first thing in the morning that "we'll leave in ten minutes". I haven't even packed my bags!

I reached Kallang only find that the stupid sentry has locked the gate. Ends up that I get pumped 20 by OC for "latecoming". Oh well, at least a whole pile of them also got it, not our fault, the stupid sentry is a big bastard who will try to make life difficult for you at any cost. Hope he gets sacked soon or something.

I was lucky enough, after some confusion to be assigned to the safety vehicle. The good thing is that I need not carry canoes, launch them and wash them today! Just sit in a mini-van or land rover (there were 2 safety vehicles) and enjoy the day - provided nothing really happens.

The morning was very quiet, up till 12, the whole bunch of us assigned to safety vehicle duty just slept and lay around in a sheltered part of East Coast Parkway. Just relax, drink water, go toilet chi chat and play handphone. Later, our first case was this guy who had severe seasickness.

Apparently, he had never canoed in his whole entire life. He was so seasick that 20 minutes after putting him on land he was still giddy and felt like vomiting. He was given a ride to shore by a PCG vessel. The boat grounded on the beach so I had to end up pushing the thing back into the water! Its not easy, seriously.

The second case was a bunch of 3 regular officers and 2 NPCC Cadets. They too were suffering dehydration and seasickness. We took them back to Kallang to be checked medically.

It rained later on, and a small PCG craft was dispatched to tell all canoeists to go to shore immediately - sea state cat A. The little PCG boat was just being tossed about by the waves. Soon after it rained and 6 more NPCC cadets dropped out. We ended up sending back to Kallang in a Land Rover.

Later on, we were so bored we just took the Land Rover on a ride along the BICYCLE TRACK - infuriating many cyclists. Oh well, that the privilege of being in a police vehicle, can do anything - even park in the disabled lot and break the traffic rules.
Later on, the whole bunch of us parked the Land Rover somewhere in one of the carparks and then proceeded to walk around the beach like some "Beach Patrol"

The day ended in Kallang where we helped the others to arrange the canoes and stuff and do more shit jobs. We were rewarded for our efforts with a pathetic "goodie bag" - a bottle of almost expired lucozade, mineral water, a kid handkerchief and a salon pas plaster. Cruel form of humour indeed.

Dad picked me up and took me for seafood at East Coast. Sigh, on monday, we'll have to go back to Kallang to go wash each canoe and send it back to their respective owners... SHIT JOB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home