I expected to end up formatting the hard disk and then reinstalling every single things that is of meaning to me that has been backed up. Problem is: I'll need to burn 50 CDs!
One disk can burn about 600 Megs, plus or minus here and there, I have almost 30 Gigs of stuff to be backed up! Movies, MTVs, MP3s, documents and a tremendous amount of downloaded software (like StyleXP!).
I thought of asking Dad to fund me 150 bucks or so, get a new hard drive, enlist Nico's help to install it on the computer. With that extra drive, I could seamlessly back up all my important data in a jiffy and format the hard disk with windows on it.
To cut the long story short, I ended up asking Dad for about 650 bucks to upgrade the CD-Rw Drive, the Graphics Card and get a new hard disk.
My father didn't even say no! He just said, "Should be Ok". Where got such thing one? Economic crisis and my dad just hands me 650 bucks! Must be God I tell you! =) Thank You God! =D
So Nico came over today, helped me to tweak my system settings, install a new DVD-ROM cum CD-RW combo drive and a new graphics card.
He ended up somehow fixing the internet connection as well! Hahahahaha! He's really good with computers!
Tomorrow, we're going to Sim Lim after work to get an additional hard drive. Then we're gonna reformat the whole system and reinstall everything from scratch. So I guess I'll be offline for at least 4 days. Lots of Stuff to be installed and tweaked.
The old 52X OEM CD-ROM is Now a Samsung DVD-ROM and CD-RW Combo Drive: 16X DVD Read, 52X CD Read, 52X CD-R Writing and 24X CD-RW Rewriting. It is the fastest drive available today. Woah. It's going to be very fun burning CDs! =)
My ancient Geforce 2 is now a LeadTek Geforce 4. Its not the best considering that ATI has the 9800 Pro, 9700 All in Wonder and Nvidia has just released the Geforce FX 5900 - Fastest Grahpics cards in the market today. Nevertheless, I'm very very happy that I can now play my favourite game: Medal of Honor Allied Assault.
Its a really old game, came out almost 2 years ago. For this reason, I got myself a new computer. To my dismay, the game couldn't work on the new system, but could be installed on my brother's ancient 4 year old AMD 800 Mhz system!
Now I can have all the fun of being Lieut Powell - A US Army Commando Officer! Cool man!
One disk can burn about 600 Megs, plus or minus here and there, I have almost 30 Gigs of stuff to be backed up! Movies, MTVs, MP3s, documents and a tremendous amount of downloaded software (like StyleXP!).
I thought of asking Dad to fund me 150 bucks or so, get a new hard drive, enlist Nico's help to install it on the computer. With that extra drive, I could seamlessly back up all my important data in a jiffy and format the hard disk with windows on it.
To cut the long story short, I ended up asking Dad for about 650 bucks to upgrade the CD-Rw Drive, the Graphics Card and get a new hard disk.
My father didn't even say no! He just said, "Should be Ok". Where got such thing one? Economic crisis and my dad just hands me 650 bucks! Must be God I tell you! =) Thank You God! =D
So Nico came over today, helped me to tweak my system settings, install a new DVD-ROM cum CD-RW combo drive and a new graphics card.
He ended up somehow fixing the internet connection as well! Hahahahaha! He's really good with computers!
Tomorrow, we're going to Sim Lim after work to get an additional hard drive. Then we're gonna reformat the whole system and reinstall everything from scratch. So I guess I'll be offline for at least 4 days. Lots of Stuff to be installed and tweaked.
The old 52X OEM CD-ROM is Now a Samsung DVD-ROM and CD-RW Combo Drive: 16X DVD Read, 52X CD Read, 52X CD-R Writing and 24X CD-RW Rewriting. It is the fastest drive available today. Woah. It's going to be very fun burning CDs! =)
My ancient Geforce 2 is now a LeadTek Geforce 4. Its not the best considering that ATI has the 9800 Pro, 9700 All in Wonder and Nvidia has just released the Geforce FX 5900 - Fastest Grahpics cards in the market today. Nevertheless, I'm very very happy that I can now play my favourite game: Medal of Honor Allied Assault.
Its a really old game, came out almost 2 years ago. For this reason, I got myself a new computer. To my dismay, the game couldn't work on the new system, but could be installed on my brother's ancient 4 year old AMD 800 Mhz system!
Now I can have all the fun of being Lieut Powell - A US Army Commando Officer! Cool man!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home