Saturday, November 15

Listening to Don Moen - I offer my life

I'm trying to change the way I write. Use shorter sentences. Use simpler language. Develop readability. Shorter blog posts, as well as being more specific. I'm sure mei likes it. It will take some time, but I believe my writing style will improve gradually.

Just that, I am now in the habit of cancelling away points that would have led to huge chunky paragraphs.

My brother brought back the ACS(Barker) school magazine yesterday. My goodness. They started GOLF as a CCA. While I know that Barker was the first to introduce Snooker as a CCA. Golf really takes the cake. It only goes to show how wealthy ACS Boys are. Ok, so I do not have to look far. Jaimes did gold as his CCA in ACJC as well.

The Barker campus is like a glass palace. Continuing the tradition that ACS must have the most expensive school building in Singapore. The smallest amount on the fundraising cards is Five dollars. With other schools, I know of fifty cents. Branded education does have its perks.

Once again, I spent the earlier part of yesterday morning viewing raw video camera footage. Managed to produce one more video. Too many memories. I miss so many things about school.

When I was recording some of the scenes. I felt that I was wasting my time. Now I wished I recorded much more footage. So much nostalgia to be relieved.

Woke up at a record breaking time of 1.15p.m. I've been reading up on local politics on the various online internet forums all this while. The way people comment about politics is interesting. It is so filled with emotion, to the extent that objectivity is lost. But I do enjoy reading up on an area that local youth are "seemingly apathetic towards".

I find it very interesting.

Spent the better part of the morning and afternoon watching DVDs on the computer. Windtalkers and A Walk to Remember. One is a historically accurate war film. I like. The other is a teen-flick with much hidden meanings and expressions. I will not dismiss it as a "cheesy" show. Much to be said, but I will keep my silence.

And wonderful church. Service today to make up for the one lost on Sunday. Dad remarks that I "go to church so much". Our overseas speaker from the last few days of the conference on family preached. An excellent message, very faith inspiring. I love to go church.

I am wondering. Should I push back going to university by one or two years, to head to Bible school. To learn, be grounded and to be strong in the Word of God? If I go for a degree, it will soon be a masters, then maybe a Ph.D or just straight out to work. Then the opportunity is gone.

I think it wise to devote one solid year to God and His Word, as a foundation to my adulthood. Now if I can only get everything to fit together.

I have a damn nice mei. She is seriously too nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home