Friday, November 14

Listening to Don Moen and Paul Wilbur - There is none like You

Spent a large part of the early yesterday morning producing some video footage taken during AC. Managed to retrieve an old teacher's day recording lost during reformat from brother's computer. The memories just keep coming back as I view the footage on the tapes.

However, I am running out of suitable AC themed pictures to put up as my splash image. It gets harder and harder each week searching for a nice picture from the photographs in my computer. I will run out of images before the year is out. Perhaps, changing it every week is too frequent.

Watched a few DVDs on the computer after fixing some nagging codec issues with my software DVD player. I always seem to be ages behind the rest of the world in watching movies. Even for DVDs, I'm lagging terribly. Watching DVDs when the movies have already been broadcast on TCS. How sad.

Taking one week off from work has been rather beneficial. Just time to relax, unwind and do all the little things I've never found time to do. How strange that I am relaxing when so many are having exams. And when the exams are over, everyone relaxes and I have to go back to work. Life is full of ironies.

Once again, I could not resist the lure of having another double whopper meal at BK, before heading off to church. The last day of the family conference was filled with excellent teaching. Sadly, praise and worship somehow fell short. My heart didn't seem to be "in the mood" somehow. That really bugged me.

I realise that I do not have enough passion for God. I don't love Him as much as I'm supposed to. I'm not doing my best to live a good Christian life. It just falls short of what God expects of me. I also realise that I do not love people much. I do not take an active, genuine interest in their lives and activities. Even for my character, it does not bode well.

I see that one of the original guys who started cellgroup meetings all the way back in Barker is now a cellgroup leader in church. And he is only one year older than me. I am seriously lagging in spiritual growth. Its quite discouraging when I compare myself with others around me, only to realise how much more I need to grow and change and increase in my faith.

I never really love other people enough. Perhaps that's why I am such a cold, loveless person. I've never sown genuine kindness and love into the hearts of other people. Need to change in this area. God please help me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home