Saturday, November 8

Listening to Delirious - I Could Sing of Your Love Forever

About slightly more than a month ago, I made a deep commitment to give my part back to society by doing and dedicating some part of my life to doing social work. Yesterday, I heard this wonderful quote that inspired me even more. Its not a Bible verse, just a quote that comes from a militaristic creed.

"There is no better heart, than that of a volunteer".

I am a willing volunteer. I desire to help as many people as I can socially. Its not easy, I know. And I am not exactly well-equipped for it. But nevertheless, I want to do it. Yet at the same time, I do not wish to say and not do. My word is my bond. I believe that I will master Godly attributes of love, care, patience, concern as well as kindness if I do my part to directly help the needy. I love God. But I want to demonstrate His love for me by my works of love for others, not empty words.

Had a wonderful time at cellgroup today. It always feels so good to have my "spiritual batteries" recharged each week. However, one thing that really bugs me deep within my heart as well as spirit each time is that I feel that I am really not doing my part to reach out to the lost. I have yet to bring a single non-believer friend to Christ. Perhaps its just me, my character and personality. More or less, I am a rather unsocial person. I have very very few friends. Of those, the ones that I want to bring to Christ have frowned upon Christianity.

Everytime other people bring their friends to church. I feel sad that I can't contribute. No point having a 100 over "friends" on friendster when its just a shallow, online popularity race for the sake of seeing who is better at the "friendship game". I think if I looked through my entire friendster list of friends. I can safely say that I can only bring ONE person to Christ because that person is open to the gospel and I have a genuine care and concern for that friend.

Honestly, I have to admit that I am not the kind of believer to bring non-believers to Church just for the sake of getting them converted. I feel that it is important to build a relationship with the non-believer first, win that person over with my lifestyle and that convert that person to salvation. I know many will disagree with me. But, perhaps its all just an excuse for me to laze around in the area of evangelism. After all, I don't make friends easily and I don't even do my part to mantain friendship ties. No wonder I have so few friends. I need God to totally revamp me in this area of my life. Evangelism as well as a heart of passion for the lost and a personality of genuine friendliness.

Jamie: =D I am not good with words, words fail me when I wish to convey honest sincerity.

mei I won't write such long blog entries anymore. I'll try to write in a more summary form. Too long winded is no good. The art of communication is in using only a few simple words, with simple sentence structure and being able to convey a complex as well as detailed message. I'm working on it. I know that my standard of writing improves just that tad little bit each day that I blog faithfully. Comparing my first few posts to the current ones, I would say from my perspective that my level of "depth" has increased. I try not to be so shallow, as well as to rant and rave less and to be more objective as well as balanced.

mei, you're going to be very well off, if not, very rich someday. I know it. A psychologist charges by the minute, usually around 60 to 120 bucks per hour. Imagine if you just work like from 9a.m till 9p.m daily. Just imagine how much you will earn. The numbers of stressed out, worn out, mentally broken and nervous sufferers will only go up with the event of globalisation.

But remember, don't love money. The love of money is the root of all evil. Love people and use money. However, sadly, most people mix that up.

Your bookmark now sits comfortably snugly in the pages of my Bible. Psalm 27:1 is now my 3rd favourite verse in the Bible. =) God bless you. =hug=

future

I've decided that if I managed to go to the States for my university education. I'll study very very hard and do as well as I can till Ph.D level. I'll secure employment after my Master's, get a greencard and bring mum over to live with me in New York. I feel that migration is a better option for me given my current circumstances in my life.

Call me a "quitter". But as much as I planned to stay in Singapore in my life, I feel that it would be wiser to start my life afresh in a foreign country. If I can make it in there, then I can make it anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home