Thursday, October 30

Listening to Hillsongs - Magnificent

My mum needs to go for an operation that we can't really afford. The amazing, incredible thing is that she just signed me and my brother up for some motivational courses that run up to the tune of 3.5K. She says its money well spent.

Its times like these that leave me speechless. I feel so selfish at such circumstances, I feel guilty in the sense that its just "not right". By nature, I try not to be a selfish person as far as possible, but sometimes, I guess even some circumstances will always be out of my hand. Thank God. Who else is there to thank for such provision?

The only thing my mum asks for in return? She just asked me to burn her a CD of Christian songs! The best thing is that my mum doesn't listen to all the more contemporary Christian music like Hillsongs, Passion, etc. She is more on the traditional hymns side. Another thing that I find it hard to believe is that my mum attends a Catholic church and me a protestant one. Yet she doesn't mind listening to the music that I normally sing to in Church? I find it all so quite puzzling indeed.

Well, I somehow managed to find an old classmate, N-Dru's (Andrew's) blog. He just started blogging very recently and I've just linked him. I didn't know that he is now the president of the JCMass Committee. The best thing is that L-Squared (Lester) also sits on the committee. While I did know that both of them were devout and fervent Catholics that got involved with the JCMass, I didn't expect them to actually like end up on the committee itself. Respect. I feel that both of them deserve it given their excellent characters of virtue.

Funny. In our gang of six. Six ACJC Slackers. Me, T-Squared, Jaimes, L-Squared, N-Dru and Prof. Wang. Prof Wang and I are both evangelical protestant Christians, althought I must admit that I have not been doing very much about the evangelical part. Both N-Dru and L-Squared are devout Catholics. Now, T-Squared and Jaimes? Both are atheists. It surprises me how all of us mange to get along so well in spite of all our religious differences.

Well, I have wretched sentry duty at the base tomorrow. I'll spend the whole day standing under the hot sun watching my life waste away slowly. Its quite a pointless and purposeless existence I feel when I am reduced to just that of a gate barrier operator. Sigh. But nevermind, at least it develops my character in the area of patience as well as tolerance.

"The best thing is, God is with us" - John Wesley. Thank You Lord, for Your blessings and provisions once more! My seed sown in sorrow has finally come to harvest in deep appreciation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home