Tuesday, October 28

Listening to Nobuo Uematsu - Sky Theme (Piano)

My internet somehow died on me yesterday. So I called the computer genius NICO immediately to come down to my house today to fix it. The previous two times that my internet died on me, Nico had them restored within 2 minutes of his arrival. He is THAT GOOD with computers. Best, he lives an hour away and doesn't mind coming down all the way to my place to fix my system and has no desire to accept any form of payment. Ok, so he'd ask if I could accompany him on his cycling trips - buts that's a rather fun form of payment right?

I think Starhub/SCV was having mantenance on the hub around my area. The modem was working fine, just that it could not transmit or download data. Couddn't be my computer either as it had worked perfectly on Sunday night. Ah, the wonders of technology. I realise that my computer without its net connection is practically useless except for editing photographs!

I won't really blog about yesterday. So this amounts to two "dropped entries". One for Kusu Island and one for yesterday - both learning experiences in their own right. I don't really feel like putting down my day here now since its already since it has been passe and a new day has begun. Reflection to the past is always a wise thing to do, but planning and bracing for the future is wiser still.

I got my blogger pullover in the mail! I asked for a Large sized one but it seems to be rather small for me. I was thinking the "Large" would be in the American size, which would then be like XL for Asian frames. Nevermind, the pullover still fitz snugly. Just that I don't think that I will have any opportunity to wear it in baking hot Singapore. Blogger is good! But I think I'm going to migrate to my own host in April next year. After the subscription to this account expires. I just wonder how am I going to transfer all my archives over.

Ok. So. 15 comments. Wow. And I've only been away one day. All on God? And His existence? Well, I never really wanted to go around debating on all this stuff anyway, so I didn't read through my comments tag when I realised how tremendously long it was. Call me lazy. But really, a comments tag is just for small little words and not complex theories of much debate.

I understand how hard it is to accept the notion of God. God Himself understands. That's why He sent His one and only begotten Son - Jesus, the Son of God and the Son of Man to this earth to save the lost. A long time ago, when my faith was really low and crumbling and flakey, I simply rest my faith on the conerstone of Christianity. That a man, Jesus of Nazareth really did exist. Proven by historical records where there is no cause for debate. And that he was crucified and he died. And He rose again from the dead.

Isn't it so simple? Jesus rose from the dead, was seen alive by more than 500 witnesses who saw Him die on the Cross of Calvary. He ascended into Heaven and is now seated at the right hand of the Father. He's alive. That ends all debate. India has 100 million gods. How do I know that Jesus is really the Way, the Truth and the Life? Simple. Because He was the only one to rise from the dead. Its a historical fact.

To put it in the Gospel of Mark, where the Roman Centurion had seen Jesus being crucified, simply declared:

"Truly this man was the Son of God." - Mark 15:39

Just to note. He was a centurion. The highest order of Roman soldier of that time. So basically, the man who declared this, was basically the guy who was overall in charge of the whole process of scourging and cruxifixion. He had obviously seen so many people die previously. He must have been hardened to all the blood, violence and gore. But why did he say something like this only for a Man named Jesus? Interesting. Very interesting I'd say.

While I know that it is very hard to convince many non believers that Jesus is really the Way. Because, trust me, I've tried to tell the few friends that I know very well, but are not Christian that He really is the Way to go in life. Basically, even though they being my very good friends, have simply brushed me aside in this area. What convicts people that Jesus is real is not the words of man, or logic or philosophy or self-powered faith. But very simply by the conviction of the Holy Spirit on a non-believer. That's all.

God just wants to relate to His people. Its so simple a message. And the gift of His Son, who has paid the ultimate sacrifice is enough proof to the world, that He really loves people. He is not a God who is cold, uncaring, uninterested and sits far away on His Throne in Heaven. I used to think that way for a while. Until the revelation in the Word of God removed as such a mindset from me. Its so simple to relate to God. The Bible desribes it as a love-joy relationship between a Father and His Children. Can you prove love using science? No we can't. The Bible tells us the God is a God of Love. If we can't even prove scientifically the existence of love. How much more can we then prove the existence of God, a God of Love nonetheless?

But we all know that love exists even if we can't prove it.

Somehow, I always wonder why "intellectual debates" on God always seem to end up into mindless shin-kicking competitions. Testimony of Christians and the words of wisom of the secular world in a war of words. For me, I simply put my trust, even blind faith in the Word of God. As much as I wish to use secular means to convince non-believers of the existence of a good loving God that really cares about them. I know that I cannot, nor ever will able able to be. Because their entire notion of the world as we see it, rejects all of the "supernatural" as well as "unseen". I chose to rest my faith on the Word of God, no matter how much it is at odds with the world's viewpoints.

My 2nd favourite verse in the Bible?

"For we walk by faith and not by sight" - 2 Cor 5:7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home