Listening to Passion - Lord Reign in Me
Gabriel: Is God a control freak? That's an interesting question. Well, to me, God is like a King in my life. He sets the rules for His Kingdom, and He sets boundaries and unlike other worldly kings and rulers, God goes further. He gets involved in our lives.
I've done the water top up procedure countless times. Everyday and night before a patrol, I'll do it and everytime, I'll do the refilling in the same manner. Somehow, only yesterday it fell out, when its not supposed to. Not that I'm being careless, but by right, the thing shouldn't even fall out. You see, the cap is enclosed in a secondary cover and that cover is more than enough to prevent anything inside it from dropping out.
The plastic cap is supposed to float. That's why its made in plastic. The manufacturers would have easily made it in metal had they not known that this cap is apt to somehow drop into the sea. The cap sunk before my very eyes. And its lighter than water density wise I'd say.
As for God being a control freak. There are two forms of thinking in theology over this issue. One is that of predestination. Because we can say from one perspective that God predestined everything already. He knows the future in its entirety after all. If not, He wouldn't be God, right? He knows whose is going to be born in what country, grow up in what family, do what significant things in his lifetime, die when and whether that person ends up in heaven or hell.
Then there's the other school of Christian thought - Calvinism. Calvinism believes that God created the world and let us "run our own thing". In essence, we have free will to do whatever we want, whenever we want, however we want it to be done. The bible also tells us that God made Man above all other creations because He gave us the ability to choose our own path and He gave us total free will. We are, after all, allowed to walk away from Him. No questions asked.
Notice that these two schools of thought fully contradict with each other. These are man made understandings of God. And we, as man, can never explain God. Nor limit Him by our own definitions. God is a King, and as any ruler on the earth, a King will have authority as well as dominion and power. Likewise, God has authority, dominion and power. The bible tells us that all authority in heaven has been given to the Son. And since we as Christians identitfy ourselves with Jesus being our Lord and hence King, as well as our savior. We are subject to the rules of His Kingdom here on earth. Its not that God's a control freak. He has every right to control.
The bible also tells us that all things happen for the good to them who love God. I love God. And although it isn't anything fantastic or worth boasting about. What happened yesterday increased my continued trust as well as faith in Him. Christians always talk about "faith". What's with faith? Without considering how the Bible defines faith. I have come to the conclusion, after many hours of studying secular texts on the existence of God, that as much as God is real in our lives. He will never leave so many worldly clues to His existence, because beyond a certain level of belief in Him, He wants that belief to become trust. And putting your trust in the Lord is having faith in Him. As Christians, we aim to please Jesus, our master. And The bible tells us flatly, that without faith. It is impossible to please Him.
As for being an ex-Christian. I won't blame you. In fact, I rejected Jesus as my savior TWICE. No kidding. Once was in Primary 3. The other time was in secondary 2. And after wandering the world, without Jesus in my heart. I can honestly tell you, that He is real. And He exisits. The world will never be able to accept God, and God is not willing that He be defined by the world's viewpoint. Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life. I'd invite you to go read up on some of the books, of people that set out to discredit Jesus is any possible way. The Dean of Harvard University's Law School once set out with that task, by putting the Four Gospels under thorough investigation. In the end, he was so convinced that the Four Gospels, were indeed, reliable and accurate accounts of the life of Jesus, that he too, became a Christian.
Remember. I don't live in a religion. I live in a relationship. So I do know after the storms blown over. That it has been God testing me all this while. I obviously cannot explain everything to you in words, but I can say that, being the more "intellectual type of Christian", who will carefully examine the teachings of the bible before accepting them, that Jesus is indeed real, and that He exists. I have enough Christian friends around me with testimonies so powerful, that when non-Christian's look at them and their lives. They can only say one thing.
"I look at you. And I know that Jesus is real." The King of Awesome Majesty and Glory reigns forever!
Lord reign in me
Reign in Your Power
Over all my dreams
In my darkess hour
You are the Lord
Of all I am
So won't you reign in me again?
Gabriel: Is God a control freak? That's an interesting question. Well, to me, God is like a King in my life. He sets the rules for His Kingdom, and He sets boundaries and unlike other worldly kings and rulers, God goes further. He gets involved in our lives.
I've done the water top up procedure countless times. Everyday and night before a patrol, I'll do it and everytime, I'll do the refilling in the same manner. Somehow, only yesterday it fell out, when its not supposed to. Not that I'm being careless, but by right, the thing shouldn't even fall out. You see, the cap is enclosed in a secondary cover and that cover is more than enough to prevent anything inside it from dropping out.
The plastic cap is supposed to float. That's why its made in plastic. The manufacturers would have easily made it in metal had they not known that this cap is apt to somehow drop into the sea. The cap sunk before my very eyes. And its lighter than water density wise I'd say.
As for God being a control freak. There are two forms of thinking in theology over this issue. One is that of predestination. Because we can say from one perspective that God predestined everything already. He knows the future in its entirety after all. If not, He wouldn't be God, right? He knows whose is going to be born in what country, grow up in what family, do what significant things in his lifetime, die when and whether that person ends up in heaven or hell.
Then there's the other school of Christian thought - Calvinism. Calvinism believes that God created the world and let us "run our own thing". In essence, we have free will to do whatever we want, whenever we want, however we want it to be done. The bible also tells us that God made Man above all other creations because He gave us the ability to choose our own path and He gave us total free will. We are, after all, allowed to walk away from Him. No questions asked.
Notice that these two schools of thought fully contradict with each other. These are man made understandings of God. And we, as man, can never explain God. Nor limit Him by our own definitions. God is a King, and as any ruler on the earth, a King will have authority as well as dominion and power. Likewise, God has authority, dominion and power. The bible tells us that all authority in heaven has been given to the Son. And since we as Christians identitfy ourselves with Jesus being our Lord and hence King, as well as our savior. We are subject to the rules of His Kingdom here on earth. Its not that God's a control freak. He has every right to control.
The bible also tells us that all things happen for the good to them who love God. I love God. And although it isn't anything fantastic or worth boasting about. What happened yesterday increased my continued trust as well as faith in Him. Christians always talk about "faith". What's with faith? Without considering how the Bible defines faith. I have come to the conclusion, after many hours of studying secular texts on the existence of God, that as much as God is real in our lives. He will never leave so many worldly clues to His existence, because beyond a certain level of belief in Him, He wants that belief to become trust. And putting your trust in the Lord is having faith in Him. As Christians, we aim to please Jesus, our master. And The bible tells us flatly, that without faith. It is impossible to please Him.
As for being an ex-Christian. I won't blame you. In fact, I rejected Jesus as my savior TWICE. No kidding. Once was in Primary 3. The other time was in secondary 2. And after wandering the world, without Jesus in my heart. I can honestly tell you, that He is real. And He exisits. The world will never be able to accept God, and God is not willing that He be defined by the world's viewpoint. Jesus is truly the Way, the Truth and the Life. I'd invite you to go read up on some of the books, of people that set out to discredit Jesus is any possible way. The Dean of Harvard University's Law School once set out with that task, by putting the Four Gospels under thorough investigation. In the end, he was so convinced that the Four Gospels, were indeed, reliable and accurate accounts of the life of Jesus, that he too, became a Christian.
Remember. I don't live in a religion. I live in a relationship. So I do know after the storms blown over. That it has been God testing me all this while. I obviously cannot explain everything to you in words, but I can say that, being the more "intellectual type of Christian", who will carefully examine the teachings of the bible before accepting them, that Jesus is indeed real, and that He exists. I have enough Christian friends around me with testimonies so powerful, that when non-Christian's look at them and their lives. They can only say one thing.
"I look at you. And I know that Jesus is real." The King of Awesome Majesty and Glory reigns forever!
Lord reign in me
Reign in Your Power
Over all my dreams
In my darkess hour
You are the Lord
Of all I am
So won't you reign in me again?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home