Listening to The Goo Goo Dolls - Name
Added a new link! Candice's blog! She's a very very very very nice girl and I thank God for the simple opportunity of actualy getting to know someone like her in my lifetime. She's like the one and only RJC girl that I've not actually lost contact with throughout my whole slew of JC and now NS.
I pray that she might realise her dream to become a top notch doctor someday. The world certainly needs more doctors with her type of personality as well as character. Not to mention calibre in brilliant intellect and understanding. Even my classmate Andrew put its very simply about her, "She's a damn nice girl".
I can't seem to find a "mood" for which to blog today. I'm feeling happy, excited, sad and meloncholy all at the same time. I've already typed in as well as deleted my entry post here 3 times. Talk about indecisiveness. It seems that I have a habit when blogging, and that is to easily lose my focus on my writings and then go drag and harp on some other totally unrelated repetitive point of sorts. I'm rather demented in thought after all and it generally shows up in my rather out of point rambling rantings.
The haunting melody of Name by the Goo Goo Dolls. One of the defining songs of my latter part of JC1, when basically everyone was feeling rather depressed. Once, under the inspiration of this sad song, I could actually write out another sad song for that girl in JC. Now I don't know where I've chucked the lyrics aside in the outpost of my room. Just imagine a bunch of washed out sad guys sitting together listening to sad songs. As mostly everyone is rather musically inclined, except me of course. It does not take a long time for a bunch of sad science guys to write out heart rendering ARTS-styled prose poetry and add song to them. Ironically, we only recorded one song, and it was more of a happy "God-Bless you" styled song as a parting gift to our classmate who was leaving to study in London. We ought to get together after our NS to record an album of sad songs.
I like to listen to sad songs. I don't know why. I seem to be able to "feel" the sadness in sad piano classical music and just being able to understand deep refective sad acoustic guitar songs with vocals. At the same time, I like all the happy Christian Praise and Worship songs. How ironic indeed. Another indicator of my truly demented personality.
I'm feeling happy because later I'm meeting up with my university admissions officer. He's going to check through and vet my entire application, which looks measly thin, before I send it to the States. I hope that 10 days is enough time to rush my application via registered air mail to make it for the Nov 15th deadline. If everything goes right, and God willing. I'll receive the good news by April next year. If not. Then I think more or less I'll have to stay in Singapore for my university studies.
Two first class honours degrees in Mathematics and Political Science. I will get that. After that, for my postgraduate studies I believe that I'll pursue a MBA. Or perhaps if its possible. I'll study medicine in America and be a doctor. I want to treat, cure and heal sick people not for money. I'd rather work for free in a third world country than to sit in a comfy office and earn big bucks as a doctor in New York City. I am motivated to help people out of care, concern and love and not of the promise of money. It brings me great joy as well as pleasure to know that my work has been of benefit to other people. What more then to cure sick people at no cost?
With regards to missions trips. I have so much to say. But I just cannot find the comprehensible words for which to put it into words. It is like too intangible a dream, a thought, a desire, a wish that wants to remain quietly hidden within me. He is the Lover of my soul. Everyone MUST get to know Him.
I definitely will not say that I am a good Christian. I don't have anything great in character or even personality. I only have so much little faith and I have not borne much Fruit of the Spirit in my life. All I can say is that I love God, and I its is a constant struggle for me to love Him wholeheartedly. Because circumstances arise. I do doubt. I do get discouraged and I so certainly get deceived. But one thing's for sure. And that is I will hang on Jesus. Die die also will hang on. He is the one Truth that I can never let go of. He is the Hope of the World as well as my blessed hope.
All I can say is that I'll walk with Him to the best of my ability. Even if it comes to the point that I'm just stumbling in the dark. I don't care anymore. I fall, He'll pick me up. I get hurt badly, He's my healer. I lose my way, He's my Good Shepherd. I can't see the road ahead, He is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. I can't doubt, He strengthens me. I am faithless, He gives me faith to continue to trudge on. I can't follow the road, its too hard; He makes my paths straight. I lose everything, He is my All in All. I backslide, He will never leave me nor forsake me. I am tired and weary, He carries me. I cry, He comforts me. My world falls apart; He is my world and my hope everlasting of a life eternal. God's put everything in my favour. I have nothing to lose. Just go. Even if it means nothing but stumbling in the darkness. Perhaps that's how I can define my Christian life. It certainly isn't as fantastic of wonderful as I wish it would be. But I don't care anymore. I only want Jesus. He is all that I ever need to see me through the darkess night. The heavilest storm. He is my tower of refuge and strength. He is my shield, my strength, my portion and in Him I will trust!
I can't say that I'm a good Christian or anything. When I go to church, I'm more or less pretty much a loser in spiritual growth, passion, character, personality etc. Everyone is like so holy. I really look like some crappy Christian in church honestly. That's how I feel about it honestly. I'll just let God call the shots to mould me.
Joline: Ya, you'll be SUPT(1), highest you'll ever go is SUPT(2) and then your rank most likely will never progress beyond that. But there isn't many superintendents in the police force. If you're one. You can command an entire division of policeman already! The whole Police Coast Guard of 2600 men is under command of just one Superintendent. Our commander is a scholar, so his rank is just SUPT. Our deputy commander isn't a scholar, so he carries the rank of SUPT(1). Anyway. I think I've more or less got the "gift of encouragement". I can encourage others. But I certainly can't encourage myself. Wonder why.
You can't look down on your own grades and brush them off just like that. SIM is after all, a private university. They don't really run on the same system of the mugging culture in NUS/NTU. I don't think they are going to put too much emphasis on the grades at A level. You see, they don't treat all the scholarship applicants based on great grades as well as an excellent CCA record. I believe that they are much more giving when it comes to scholarships as offering a few students a free education in their campus can be covered by just rounding down their financial standing.
SIM is stocked with many rich people in the university campus. I know, cos Dad got his degree from there and Dad says that basically all his coursemates were all successful businesmen or people in managerial postions sent by their companies for a degree program.
You have one factor that will distinguish you from the rest of potential applicants. You are younger than the average age of our classmates divided by 2!. You can offer valuable insight during discussions with adults. You can be a linking factor that provides information as well as direct feedback that will cover the so called "generation gap". For that single reason of potential contribution to the learning environment, it is more than enough to warrant you the scholarship already. In short. You know things that the other adults are clueless about! Your differentiating factor immediately separates you from the rest of the pack.
Think! Just imagine! God already let you into SIM. You already bypassed two admission criterion. What is a scholarship eligibility criterion then? Its nothing! They'd probably forgo "excellent grades and CCA record". And then they'll forgo any ideas of a bond. God is great! Just dream big dreams and put it into His hands. You're not asking Him to part the red sea for you to cross! You're just asking for a ew dollars only! And what is money to God when He owns the whole universe and everything therin? Hahaha!
Added a new link! Candice's blog! She's a very very very very nice girl and I thank God for the simple opportunity of actualy getting to know someone like her in my lifetime. She's like the one and only RJC girl that I've not actually lost contact with throughout my whole slew of JC and now NS.
I pray that she might realise her dream to become a top notch doctor someday. The world certainly needs more doctors with her type of personality as well as character. Not to mention calibre in brilliant intellect and understanding. Even my classmate Andrew put its very simply about her, "She's a damn nice girl".
I can't seem to find a "mood" for which to blog today. I'm feeling happy, excited, sad and meloncholy all at the same time. I've already typed in as well as deleted my entry post here 3 times. Talk about indecisiveness. It seems that I have a habit when blogging, and that is to easily lose my focus on my writings and then go drag and harp on some other totally unrelated repetitive point of sorts. I'm rather demented in thought after all and it generally shows up in my rather out of point rambling rantings.
The haunting melody of Name by the Goo Goo Dolls. One of the defining songs of my latter part of JC1, when basically everyone was feeling rather depressed. Once, under the inspiration of this sad song, I could actually write out another sad song for that girl in JC. Now I don't know where I've chucked the lyrics aside in the outpost of my room. Just imagine a bunch of washed out sad guys sitting together listening to sad songs. As mostly everyone is rather musically inclined, except me of course. It does not take a long time for a bunch of sad science guys to write out heart rendering ARTS-styled prose poetry and add song to them. Ironically, we only recorded one song, and it was more of a happy "God-Bless you" styled song as a parting gift to our classmate who was leaving to study in London. We ought to get together after our NS to record an album of sad songs.
I like to listen to sad songs. I don't know why. I seem to be able to "feel" the sadness in sad piano classical music and just being able to understand deep refective sad acoustic guitar songs with vocals. At the same time, I like all the happy Christian Praise and Worship songs. How ironic indeed. Another indicator of my truly demented personality.
I'm feeling happy because later I'm meeting up with my university admissions officer. He's going to check through and vet my entire application, which looks measly thin, before I send it to the States. I hope that 10 days is enough time to rush my application via registered air mail to make it for the Nov 15th deadline. If everything goes right, and God willing. I'll receive the good news by April next year. If not. Then I think more or less I'll have to stay in Singapore for my university studies.
Two first class honours degrees in Mathematics and Political Science. I will get that. After that, for my postgraduate studies I believe that I'll pursue a MBA. Or perhaps if its possible. I'll study medicine in America and be a doctor. I want to treat, cure and heal sick people not for money. I'd rather work for free in a third world country than to sit in a comfy office and earn big bucks as a doctor in New York City. I am motivated to help people out of care, concern and love and not of the promise of money. It brings me great joy as well as pleasure to know that my work has been of benefit to other people. What more then to cure sick people at no cost?
With regards to missions trips. I have so much to say. But I just cannot find the comprehensible words for which to put it into words. It is like too intangible a dream, a thought, a desire, a wish that wants to remain quietly hidden within me. He is the Lover of my soul. Everyone MUST get to know Him.
I definitely will not say that I am a good Christian. I don't have anything great in character or even personality. I only have so much little faith and I have not borne much Fruit of the Spirit in my life. All I can say is that I love God, and I its is a constant struggle for me to love Him wholeheartedly. Because circumstances arise. I do doubt. I do get discouraged and I so certainly get deceived. But one thing's for sure. And that is I will hang on Jesus. Die die also will hang on. He is the one Truth that I can never let go of. He is the Hope of the World as well as my blessed hope.
All I can say is that I'll walk with Him to the best of my ability. Even if it comes to the point that I'm just stumbling in the dark. I don't care anymore. I fall, He'll pick me up. I get hurt badly, He's my healer. I lose my way, He's my Good Shepherd. I can't see the road ahead, He is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. I can't doubt, He strengthens me. I am faithless, He gives me faith to continue to trudge on. I can't follow the road, its too hard; He makes my paths straight. I lose everything, He is my All in All. I backslide, He will never leave me nor forsake me. I am tired and weary, He carries me. I cry, He comforts me. My world falls apart; He is my world and my hope everlasting of a life eternal. God's put everything in my favour. I have nothing to lose. Just go. Even if it means nothing but stumbling in the darkness. Perhaps that's how I can define my Christian life. It certainly isn't as fantastic of wonderful as I wish it would be. But I don't care anymore. I only want Jesus. He is all that I ever need to see me through the darkess night. The heavilest storm. He is my tower of refuge and strength. He is my shield, my strength, my portion and in Him I will trust!
I can't say that I'm a good Christian or anything. When I go to church, I'm more or less pretty much a loser in spiritual growth, passion, character, personality etc. Everyone is like so holy. I really look like some crappy Christian in church honestly. That's how I feel about it honestly. I'll just let God call the shots to mould me.
Joline: Ya, you'll be SUPT(1), highest you'll ever go is SUPT(2) and then your rank most likely will never progress beyond that. But there isn't many superintendents in the police force. If you're one. You can command an entire division of policeman already! The whole Police Coast Guard of 2600 men is under command of just one Superintendent. Our commander is a scholar, so his rank is just SUPT. Our deputy commander isn't a scholar, so he carries the rank of SUPT(1). Anyway. I think I've more or less got the "gift of encouragement". I can encourage others. But I certainly can't encourage myself. Wonder why.
You can't look down on your own grades and brush them off just like that. SIM is after all, a private university. They don't really run on the same system of the mugging culture in NUS/NTU. I don't think they are going to put too much emphasis on the grades at A level. You see, they don't treat all the scholarship applicants based on great grades as well as an excellent CCA record. I believe that they are much more giving when it comes to scholarships as offering a few students a free education in their campus can be covered by just rounding down their financial standing.
SIM is stocked with many rich people in the university campus. I know, cos Dad got his degree from there and Dad says that basically all his coursemates were all successful businesmen or people in managerial postions sent by their companies for a degree program.
You have one factor that will distinguish you from the rest of potential applicants. You are younger than the average age of our classmates divided by 2!. You can offer valuable insight during discussions with adults. You can be a linking factor that provides information as well as direct feedback that will cover the so called "generation gap". For that single reason of potential contribution to the learning environment, it is more than enough to warrant you the scholarship already. In short. You know things that the other adults are clueless about! Your differentiating factor immediately separates you from the rest of the pack.
Think! Just imagine! God already let you into SIM. You already bypassed two admission criterion. What is a scholarship eligibility criterion then? Its nothing! They'd probably forgo "excellent grades and CCA record". And then they'll forgo any ideas of a bond. God is great! Just dream big dreams and put it into His hands. You're not asking Him to part the red sea for you to cross! You're just asking for a ew dollars only! And what is money to God when He owns the whole universe and everything therin? Hahaha!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home