Listening to Mariah Carey - Through the Rain
I can't stand blogging super ultra long posts! As much as my really nice mei encourages me not to cut short my posts, which are naturally very long. I feel it weird that besides at the most 3 or 4 people. I wonder who actually reads through all my nonsense. I wish I could write simple, short, sweet, to the point posts in simple language understood by all and yet bring about a myriad of understanding with self-perceived depth analysis that everyone has. Its like being able to tell a story very well, using only a few words and sentences.
Patrol was tremendously fun. I never had so much fun on patrol today. It was so fun that I cut short my rest. For starters, I think I went through Marina Bay like 5 times today while on patrol and landed on the Clifford Pier jetty twice. Not only that, I had a wonderful crew set of highly experienced Coast Guard personnel and they taught me how to go alongside using only the throttles of a 1st Gen Police Coast Guard boat. Not only was it the first time I was on a 1st Gen boat, which has no aircon. We later switched boats as our radar broke down and ended up on a high speed 3rd Gen patrol craft.
After our change of boats, we noted that to engage the high speed turbo of our engines, we had to first to a hard to port and then followed by a hard to starboard evasive manoeuvre. This ended up in us doing all kinds of silly movements in the channel that leads to the open sea, washing out other small boats with our mighty backwash of a semi-displacement hull retrofitted with powerful water jet engines. In the end, we ended up racing around our patrol area non-stop doing all kinds of hard to port, hard to starboard, emergency stopping, 360 acrobatic turns, violent 60 degree yawings in both directions and topped off by purposely going at top speed in choppy waters to have our boat fly above the waves and crash violently onto the sea surface. Highly enjoyable, high adrenaline, extremely fun, very shaky a ride that actually induced a very mild sea sickness in me. Why pay 60 bucks to do jet boating in New Zealand when I can get a an even faster and more exciting ride for free in Singapore?
Later, we tried a high speed evasive manoevre, to go at top speed, about 40 knots and then turn very hard to port and immediately engage emergency stopping. In 3 seconds, our boat yawed like 70 degrees to the port side and the the bow dived into the water and then stabilised with a violent upthrust from the bow plus a 360 degree spinning motion from all that inertia. Very enjoyable. Just that most of our things fell to the floor. After that, we went at top speed again and purposely cut a high speed ferry's backwash at the stern. This saw us fly up for about 1 over second and I felt weightless and then followed by a powerful smash onto the water surface. And we all laughed. If only patrol was like this everyday. Its not serving NS.
On a sadder note. I can't believe that the Anglican Church has actually consecrated a gay bishop. Its very sad to know that a person who lives in openly in a behavior that God has condemned can be "consecrated" as a Bishop of a protestant denomination. It is very sad to see the corrupting power of the world causing a massive division within the ranks of a Christian denomination. The world will always try to legislate, legalise and psychologise homosexuality as just another freedom of choice and a right as well as perhaps a genetic trait and birth factor. I beg to differ.
If gays claim that they are born like this. Then they make a mockery of God, the creator. God does not create people with the inherent attribute of homosexuality, given that He Himself has condemend it as sin almost 4000 years ago. I think you can find a much more detailed post about homosexuality on Winston's blog. But there is much course for recourse. God hates the sin. But He still loves the sinner through His Amazing Grace. But the Bible strongly warns against using Grace as a "blank cheque" to sin blatantly against God and later pass it all of by claiming that "God Loves me..."
"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for of judgement and fiery indignation, which shall devour adversaries." - Heb 10:26-27
"He that despised Moses law died without mercy under two or three witnesses. Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace" - Heb 10:28-29
One thing I realise as a Christian in ACS, all through my life. Many people call themselves Christian. But very very very few actually lead a Godly life. I can honestly count myself out of that group as well. I am no great Christian or anything fantastic. But I really wonder how come there are just so many people who claim to be Christian living lives that are totally opposite in character as well as personality as well as behavior. Everyone seems to have the notion of sinning blatantly against God under the false pretence that His Grace is that of a "blank cheque" and expect to be forgiven of God for their sins just by quick confession, no repentance and continue in a vicious cycle of sin that goes from sin-confess-sin-confess-sin-confess.
How come so many people lead ungodly, unholy lives calling themselves Christian and expecting God to totally absolve them of their sins as and when they confess fleetingly without remorse or repentance because of "what Jesus did for us" and because "God loves me". Its Amazing Grace! Not Crazy Grace!
I can't stand blogging super ultra long posts! As much as my really nice mei encourages me not to cut short my posts, which are naturally very long. I feel it weird that besides at the most 3 or 4 people. I wonder who actually reads through all my nonsense. I wish I could write simple, short, sweet, to the point posts in simple language understood by all and yet bring about a myriad of understanding with self-perceived depth analysis that everyone has. Its like being able to tell a story very well, using only a few words and sentences.
Patrol was tremendously fun. I never had so much fun on patrol today. It was so fun that I cut short my rest. For starters, I think I went through Marina Bay like 5 times today while on patrol and landed on the Clifford Pier jetty twice. Not only that, I had a wonderful crew set of highly experienced Coast Guard personnel and they taught me how to go alongside using only the throttles of a 1st Gen Police Coast Guard boat. Not only was it the first time I was on a 1st Gen boat, which has no aircon. We later switched boats as our radar broke down and ended up on a high speed 3rd Gen patrol craft.
After our change of boats, we noted that to engage the high speed turbo of our engines, we had to first to a hard to port and then followed by a hard to starboard evasive manoeuvre. This ended up in us doing all kinds of silly movements in the channel that leads to the open sea, washing out other small boats with our mighty backwash of a semi-displacement hull retrofitted with powerful water jet engines. In the end, we ended up racing around our patrol area non-stop doing all kinds of hard to port, hard to starboard, emergency stopping, 360 acrobatic turns, violent 60 degree yawings in both directions and topped off by purposely going at top speed in choppy waters to have our boat fly above the waves and crash violently onto the sea surface. Highly enjoyable, high adrenaline, extremely fun, very shaky a ride that actually induced a very mild sea sickness in me. Why pay 60 bucks to do jet boating in New Zealand when I can get a an even faster and more exciting ride for free in Singapore?
Later, we tried a high speed evasive manoevre, to go at top speed, about 40 knots and then turn very hard to port and immediately engage emergency stopping. In 3 seconds, our boat yawed like 70 degrees to the port side and the the bow dived into the water and then stabilised with a violent upthrust from the bow plus a 360 degree spinning motion from all that inertia. Very enjoyable. Just that most of our things fell to the floor. After that, we went at top speed again and purposely cut a high speed ferry's backwash at the stern. This saw us fly up for about 1 over second and I felt weightless and then followed by a powerful smash onto the water surface. And we all laughed. If only patrol was like this everyday. Its not serving NS.
On a sadder note. I can't believe that the Anglican Church has actually consecrated a gay bishop. Its very sad to know that a person who lives in openly in a behavior that God has condemned can be "consecrated" as a Bishop of a protestant denomination. It is very sad to see the corrupting power of the world causing a massive division within the ranks of a Christian denomination. The world will always try to legislate, legalise and psychologise homosexuality as just another freedom of choice and a right as well as perhaps a genetic trait and birth factor. I beg to differ.
If gays claim that they are born like this. Then they make a mockery of God, the creator. God does not create people with the inherent attribute of homosexuality, given that He Himself has condemend it as sin almost 4000 years ago. I think you can find a much more detailed post about homosexuality on Winston's blog. But there is much course for recourse. God hates the sin. But He still loves the sinner through His Amazing Grace. But the Bible strongly warns against using Grace as a "blank cheque" to sin blatantly against God and later pass it all of by claiming that "God Loves me..."
"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins. But a certain fearful looking for of judgement and fiery indignation, which shall devour adversaries." - Heb 10:26-27
"He that despised Moses law died without mercy under two or three witnesses. Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace" - Heb 10:28-29
One thing I realise as a Christian in ACS, all through my life. Many people call themselves Christian. But very very very few actually lead a Godly life. I can honestly count myself out of that group as well. I am no great Christian or anything fantastic. But I really wonder how come there are just so many people who claim to be Christian living lives that are totally opposite in character as well as personality as well as behavior. Everyone seems to have the notion of sinning blatantly against God under the false pretence that His Grace is that of a "blank cheque" and expect to be forgiven of God for their sins just by quick confession, no repentance and continue in a vicious cycle of sin that goes from sin-confess-sin-confess-sin-confess.
How come so many people lead ungodly, unholy lives calling themselves Christian and expecting God to totally absolve them of their sins as and when they confess fleetingly without remorse or repentance because of "what Jesus did for us" and because "God loves me". Its Amazing Grace! Not Crazy Grace!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home