Things have gotten worse at home. Sigh. But nevermind, life still goes onn. I wish that things wouldn't be this way, but I guess many situations and circumstances are beyond my control. I still love God, though I find it hard when things get tough and I'm being attacked and tempted from all fronts.
On a much happier note, my cousin's godsister has formally accepted Christ yesterday! I'm really so happy for her! One soul, is truly more valuable to God, than the entire world therin! Her parents are totally opposed to her believing in Jesus, insisting that she keep to the traditions as well as not to "disgrace her ancestors" - something which her elder sister did by becoming a Christian.
I feel that it is truly not easy for Christians to keep loving and honouring their parents in the face of contant opposition and persecution from their very own parents. On one hand, if they wrong their parents, they sin against God. On the other, if they give in to the demands of their parents, then they make their purported relationship with God nothing more than a mockery. How does one honour and respect the very people that God commands one to do so, when they constantly seek to drive wedges in one's relationship with Jesus?
I pray that she might grow stronger. Her walk with Jesus is already so tough, even before it begins. Makes what I am going through seemingly small and meaningless.
For this whole week, I'll be off until saturday night. Have to work a day shift on sunday morning, which means once again, no opportunity to go to serve in ministry. But I've lined up the entire week with all kinds of church activities so I don't think that I'll miss by church service that much. Well, about 5 of my 7 days of my annual leave is burnt this week, so that leaves me with just one more off day for the rest of the year and then all my leave is used up.
I went to POSB to sign up for a debit card - at long last, so I can finally buy things online. Hopefully, the currency conversion rates as well as air freight on goods delivery does not eat up too much of my meagre NS "allowance".
On a much happier note, my cousin's godsister has formally accepted Christ yesterday! I'm really so happy for her! One soul, is truly more valuable to God, than the entire world therin! Her parents are totally opposed to her believing in Jesus, insisting that she keep to the traditions as well as not to "disgrace her ancestors" - something which her elder sister did by becoming a Christian.
I feel that it is truly not easy for Christians to keep loving and honouring their parents in the face of contant opposition and persecution from their very own parents. On one hand, if they wrong their parents, they sin against God. On the other, if they give in to the demands of their parents, then they make their purported relationship with God nothing more than a mockery. How does one honour and respect the very people that God commands one to do so, when they constantly seek to drive wedges in one's relationship with Jesus?
I pray that she might grow stronger. Her walk with Jesus is already so tough, even before it begins. Makes what I am going through seemingly small and meaningless.
For this whole week, I'll be off until saturday night. Have to work a day shift on sunday morning, which means once again, no opportunity to go to serve in ministry. But I've lined up the entire week with all kinds of church activities so I don't think that I'll miss by church service that much. Well, about 5 of my 7 days of my annual leave is burnt this week, so that leaves me with just one more off day for the rest of the year and then all my leave is used up.
I went to POSB to sign up for a debit card - at long last, so I can finally buy things online. Hopefully, the currency conversion rates as well as air freight on goods delivery does not eat up too much of my meagre NS "allowance".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home