Shackles by Vertical Horizon! This song is SO JC1! The ultimate croon tune for a break up! Rather vengeful I would say. I knew too many people who sang it. I don't know, they say that "tis the season to be jolly". Somehow, I personally find that Christmas time is probably the saddest time of the year - for me, that is. Everything just sucks looking at the year in retrospeck seeing how everything has wasted away so quickly. And sometimes, life isn't as beautiful as we ought imagine it to be. Illusions of grandeur. Vagaries of Perception. I think the lyrics speak for so many people
So long my life's been sewn up tight inside your hold
And it leaves me there where without a place to call my own
I know now what shadows can see
No point in running lest you run with me
Its half the distance through the open door
Before you cut me down
Again
SO LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO THE END!
I feel the cold wind blowing beneath my wings
It always leads me back to suffering
The tide will soar until the wind whips me down
Leaves me beaten on unholy ground
So tired now of paying my dues
I start out strong but then I always lose
Its half the distance before you leave me behind
Its such a waste of time
Cos my shackles you won't be
And my rapture
You won't believe
And deep inside
You will bleed for me
So here I slave inside of the broken dream
Forever holding on to splitting seams
So take you peace and leave me alone to die
I don't need you to keep my faith alive
I know now what trouble can be
And why it follows me so easily
Its half the distance through the open door
Before you shut me down
Again
LET ME INTRODUCE TO THE END!!!!!
Vertical Horizon has some of the nicest songs around. Not to mention that their drummer is like super scary with his traditional grip drum banging style. Wonder why sometimes I just simply don't believe in all that "love" that everyone seemingly talks about. It seem so superficial, so dry, so dull, so boring, so meangingless. It is just like another qualification for get inevitably else be left out in the fray.
Seriously. Do you think people get married because they love each other. Or because they really can't find a better partner and that they have no other choice and that time is running out?
Seriously. Do you think married couples really love each other and stay together for the cause of their wedding vow "till death do us part"? Or is it just solely "for the sake of the kids"? Or simply perhaps "They don't want to be left alone and single at an age where it is very difficult to remarry and find that security in another person again"? Think Think.
Check Check Check. 1 in 4 marriages in our country busts up. Its worse in America, Europe, Australia, Taiwan and so on. Marriage is so meaningless. Its just being committed to a few wishy-washy vows from history and throwing a banquet telling everyone that now you can do all that you want in the bedroom and no one is supposed to bother.
If I could recollect my thoughts, arrage them, sort them out and edit them, I wouldn't have a problem writing a thesis on this. Not that I chose to boast. But really, sometimes when you see things from alternative perspectives. Its a wonder how messed up society really is.
No doubt money is very very very very very very........ important. But its not the all, be all and end all of sorts. People place too much emphasis on money in a marriage. No doubt its is very very very very very important. But if at the end of the day, love is seemingly only "generated" due to the buying power for things that seemingly make one feel a little better in a probable gamble bid to "receive respect from others" then I think that everything is just so screwed up.
Call me utopic like another pro-communist Menshevik/Bolshevik/Royalist/Loyalist. But really. I honestly think marriage is a farce.
Argh, what am I writing here. Just sound so... so angry... Sighmanship.
Truly. God is SO CORRECT when He declares in His Word that the love of money is the root of all evil.
Everyone says that they can "handle the idea of alot of money but not to love it". Is the desire to just want money a seemingly form of "love for it in the first place"? How does one handle great wealth without being corrupted by it and avoids loving money more than people.
Use money and love people. Too bad the galaxy messes it up to "Use people and love money".
I'm just going crazy. My thoughts are just so messed up right now.
So much for a christmas cheer and christmas spirit.
So long my life's been sewn up tight inside your hold
And it leaves me there where without a place to call my own
I know now what shadows can see
No point in running lest you run with me
Its half the distance through the open door
Before you cut me down
Again
SO LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO THE END!
I feel the cold wind blowing beneath my wings
It always leads me back to suffering
The tide will soar until the wind whips me down
Leaves me beaten on unholy ground
So tired now of paying my dues
I start out strong but then I always lose
Its half the distance before you leave me behind
Its such a waste of time
Cos my shackles you won't be
And my rapture
You won't believe
And deep inside
You will bleed for me
So here I slave inside of the broken dream
Forever holding on to splitting seams
So take you peace and leave me alone to die
I don't need you to keep my faith alive
I know now what trouble can be
And why it follows me so easily
Its half the distance through the open door
Before you shut me down
Again
LET ME INTRODUCE TO THE END!!!!!
Vertical Horizon has some of the nicest songs around. Not to mention that their drummer is like super scary with his traditional grip drum banging style. Wonder why sometimes I just simply don't believe in all that "love" that everyone seemingly talks about. It seem so superficial, so dry, so dull, so boring, so meangingless. It is just like another qualification for get inevitably else be left out in the fray.
Seriously. Do you think people get married because they love each other. Or because they really can't find a better partner and that they have no other choice and that time is running out?
Seriously. Do you think married couples really love each other and stay together for the cause of their wedding vow "till death do us part"? Or is it just solely "for the sake of the kids"? Or simply perhaps "They don't want to be left alone and single at an age where it is very difficult to remarry and find that security in another person again"? Think Think.
Check Check Check. 1 in 4 marriages in our country busts up. Its worse in America, Europe, Australia, Taiwan and so on. Marriage is so meaningless. Its just being committed to a few wishy-washy vows from history and throwing a banquet telling everyone that now you can do all that you want in the bedroom and no one is supposed to bother.
If I could recollect my thoughts, arrage them, sort them out and edit them, I wouldn't have a problem writing a thesis on this. Not that I chose to boast. But really, sometimes when you see things from alternative perspectives. Its a wonder how messed up society really is.
No doubt money is very very very very very very........ important. But its not the all, be all and end all of sorts. People place too much emphasis on money in a marriage. No doubt its is very very very very very important. But if at the end of the day, love is seemingly only "generated" due to the buying power for things that seemingly make one feel a little better in a probable gamble bid to "receive respect from others" then I think that everything is just so screwed up.
Call me utopic like another pro-communist Menshevik/Bolshevik/Royalist/Loyalist. But really. I honestly think marriage is a farce.
Argh, what am I writing here. Just sound so... so angry... Sighmanship.
Truly. God is SO CORRECT when He declares in His Word that the love of money is the root of all evil.
Everyone says that they can "handle the idea of alot of money but not to love it". Is the desire to just want money a seemingly form of "love for it in the first place"? How does one handle great wealth without being corrupted by it and avoids loving money more than people.
Use money and love people. Too bad the galaxy messes it up to "Use people and love money".
I'm just going crazy. My thoughts are just so messed up right now.
So much for a christmas cheer and christmas spirit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home