Listening to Frank Sintra - I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
I just finished reading the Da Vinci Code. A book that comes highly recommended to me by T-Squared. Both of us are fans for conspiracy theories and the like and I must admit that this book has very much entertained me. No real room to breathe perhaps, the action is fast paced, fluid and well written with an air of mystery to it.
The book only actually makes sense towards the end. Thus, I'll have to read it through a second time to fully understand, comprehend and appreciate the genius of the writer - Dan Brown. I like the way he fuses real-life people, places and conspiracies along with existing objects along with a little bit of fiction. It is hard to differentiate between truth and fiction in his book.
I would like to visit England for about 4 to 6 months and just soak into the culture of this former colonial power. I love historical buildings, history and ancient architecture and London has plenty of that. Besides, a wonderful city with tomes and tomes of ancient history. A former world superpower. A modern day fusion of old and new. And the fabled dark grey skies of a London winter is the stuff of novels.
Future Adventures?
Three cycling quests I want to undertake in this life. 1) Road Bike 10 000 miles around Australia. 2) Mountain Bike on the Karakoram Highway in Pakistan. 3) Downhill Bike on the the mountains of Yunnan Province in China.
Of course, if possible, I would like to visit all the underdeveloped countries in the Middle-East. All the -stans, Iran, iraq, Afghanistan. Not forgetting Algeria, Mongolia, Somalia, Papua New Guinea. Third World countries have so much more charm. THEN I'll proceed to New York and Chicago. And perhaps Seattle and Boston as well. Ian Wright has the best job on the planet.
Three Seaborne quests to complete in the next 10 years. 1) Board a Woods Oceanographic Research Ice-Breaker Vessel and sail all the way from Ushuia in Chile to the Southern Ocean. 2) Fly from Christchurch, New Zealand to the South Pole and live there for 6 months helping out on science research on a voluntary basis. That's where the maths degree comes into the picture. 3) Board a cruise from Newfoundland, England to Boston, Massachusetts in America. Cross the Atlantic in style.
Three land quests to complete in the next 20 years. 1) Visit Nepal and reach Base Camp of Mount Everest at 5465 metres above sea-level. 2) Visit Tazania and climb Mount Kilimanjaro and watch the sunrise. 3) Visit the Amazon forest and once again, volunteer for research. (Maths Degree!)
Haha! How am I going to complete all these 9 quests that I want to do? Only time will tell.
I just finished reading the Da Vinci Code. A book that comes highly recommended to me by T-Squared. Both of us are fans for conspiracy theories and the like and I must admit that this book has very much entertained me. No real room to breathe perhaps, the action is fast paced, fluid and well written with an air of mystery to it.
The book only actually makes sense towards the end. Thus, I'll have to read it through a second time to fully understand, comprehend and appreciate the genius of the writer - Dan Brown. I like the way he fuses real-life people, places and conspiracies along with existing objects along with a little bit of fiction. It is hard to differentiate between truth and fiction in his book.
I would like to visit England for about 4 to 6 months and just soak into the culture of this former colonial power. I love historical buildings, history and ancient architecture and London has plenty of that. Besides, a wonderful city with tomes and tomes of ancient history. A former world superpower. A modern day fusion of old and new. And the fabled dark grey skies of a London winter is the stuff of novels.
Future Adventures?
Three cycling quests I want to undertake in this life. 1) Road Bike 10 000 miles around Australia. 2) Mountain Bike on the Karakoram Highway in Pakistan. 3) Downhill Bike on the the mountains of Yunnan Province in China.
Of course, if possible, I would like to visit all the underdeveloped countries in the Middle-East. All the -stans, Iran, iraq, Afghanistan. Not forgetting Algeria, Mongolia, Somalia, Papua New Guinea. Third World countries have so much more charm. THEN I'll proceed to New York and Chicago. And perhaps Seattle and Boston as well. Ian Wright has the best job on the planet.
Three Seaborne quests to complete in the next 10 years. 1) Board a Woods Oceanographic Research Ice-Breaker Vessel and sail all the way from Ushuia in Chile to the Southern Ocean. 2) Fly from Christchurch, New Zealand to the South Pole and live there for 6 months helping out on science research on a voluntary basis. That's where the maths degree comes into the picture. 3) Board a cruise from Newfoundland, England to Boston, Massachusetts in America. Cross the Atlantic in style.
Three land quests to complete in the next 20 years. 1) Visit Nepal and reach Base Camp of Mount Everest at 5465 metres above sea-level. 2) Visit Tazania and climb Mount Kilimanjaro and watch the sunrise. 3) Visit the Amazon forest and once again, volunteer for research. (Maths Degree!)
Haha! How am I going to complete all these 9 quests that I want to do? Only time will tell.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home