Thursday, December 4

Listening to Don Moen - Ascribe Greatness

Went down to the base to canoe with Chan today. At least Coast Guard has some "welfare" by virtue of the free usage of canoes at the base. Chan and I launched our canoe with the words "Police Coast Guard" printed at both sides from the upslip at our base. Haven't rowed in like 3-4 years and still I find it enjoyable.

Surprisingly, my arms didn't hurt as much as I expected after 2 plus hours of rowing and waving greetings to the rest of my team returning from the night shift. They gleefully backwashed us and tried to make us capsize, all for the sake of fun. Perhaps Chan and I will do this more often after night shifts. I love all water based sports. Just not the sunburnt that usually comes with doing it for long hours under "bright and sunny weather".

My computer is once again showing signs of heavy wear and tear. I believe it is hinting to me of an impending crash. But this time it will be different. I've backed up everything necessary on another hard disk. NICO's brilliant suggestion. Have two hard disks. Run the operating system on one and save data on the other. The OS crash, just reinstall and the data is still safe and secure. You can't do that with laptops yet I guess. Now I'm still thinking of when I'll be allowed to upgrade my computer and get hooked up with a RAID array.

Piano is a beautiful instrument. Once I have the money to spare and a nice teacher. Yes, a nice teacher. She (by virtue of probability) needn't be great on the keys, just tolerant enough to handle all my silly mistakes when I start learning. In short, a patient teacher of sorts. I'll make learning and mastery of the piano my life-long ambition. A simple interest to be pursued purely for fun and simple passion. Doesn't matter what grade I end up with, no pressure. I just want to know how to prod the keys nicely to create simple yet beautiful melodies.

Feeling rather down and out today. Dry and demented as well. Sigh. Christmas is coming. Somehow, I find that Christmas is the saddest season for me all the days of my life since I was young. I won't elaborate, but, had to just get that off my chest. For me, perhaps in the not-too-distant future. A single and sad me will lock myself up in a closet somewhere and have a few servings of cup noodles washed down with warm coke whilst staring blankly at the tele admiring all the scenes of group happiness. Perceivable joy of sorts as a voyeur is like high definition tv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home