Thursday, November 27

After some difficulties. I met up with NICO today. Mum and us went over to the SITEX exhibition to check things out. There were so many people waiting to hand over promotional flyers to us. Almost like a modern day version of touting, in a legal sense. Mum was looking for a laptop. Hence she "enlisted" the help of the computer genius NICO to help her navigate all the gimmicks and sniff out the real deals.

In the end, mum settled for a rather good laptop. An excellent bargain, perhaps even a steal, I would say. One factor is that the salespeople are the "moderating factors". Originally, we wanted to settle for a compaq. But the sales person had an attitude problem. Too bad, it is his loss. Or perhaps he just wanted to try to cheat my mum and didn't want any "interference" from us. In the end, Mum got herself an Acer.

The compaq one was 400 bucks more expensive. And had lesser features. Plus an unfriendly sales guy. One thing I know about computers. DON'T EVER buy HP, COMPAQ or DELL. They all cannot make it. For laptops, that is. I have never had any good experiences with HP and Dell computers with whatever expertise I have in this area. And now HP owns Compaq. So there goes a good computing company into the hands of a useless printer manufacturer. And yes, HP printers suck big time as well. The computer genius NICO agrees. Although he would try to avoid computers now.

I bought mum her Christmas present. A mouse and a mousepad. And I got myself this other mousepad. Despite the whole packaging being black. The mousepad was WHITE! I never seem to notice the "color" until I have already bought the item, walked out of the shop and reached home. So now my black mouse and black mouse wrist-rest are superimposed on a WHITE mousepad.

Black. The color of choice. Now my mousepad looks very out of place. White gets dirty too fast. But nevermind. Perhaps I'll give it to Dad and get myself a BLACK one.

Met up with some of the juniors today. Wow, how quickly indeed that a year has passed. It has been more than a day and a year since i've officially worn my white and blue. I miss wearing the coolest set of uniform in the country. I believe, with all True Blue ACSians, everyone has a set just tucked in nicely gathering dust in some part of their house. I realise that with regards to my juniors. I do not even know more than half of them. Honestly, I felt that the first 3 months junior class was much better. But what can an anti-social like me say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home