Wednesday, December 3

Listening to Don Moen - Jesus We Enthrone You

I believe that the study of the Classics as well as Medieval philosphy and tomes of ancient knowledge can teach us much about change. Change is the only constant in this world. Just that it has a factor of acceleration that causes its rate to increase with time.

Knowingly, I can get lost in the library and read books from practically every shelf except for the ones labelled under "General Metaphysics, Alternative Spirituality, Other Divination as well as New Age Beliefs". Books are truly the eye-opening knowledge bearers of the world throughout the ages. With the advent of more books detailing the past, it becomes even more urgent to learn and understand the past.

Knowlege is truly power. I would love to be a full time book worm. But with a "life" as well. I enjoy learning and knowing new things of all kinds. Yet, I feel that my reading speed is simply too slow. Any methods to increase one's reading speed with?

By comparing the interpretations of the past of key major global events and their fallout. Plus the detailed study of their effects on future generations. The study of all encompassing theories such as philosophy, history, politics, economics in the subjects of political science is of much benefit in its eye-opening potential in any person. Literature too is a wonderful skill to be mastered in the ability to better decipher and read the intentions as well as see through the miry cloudiness of the mass media from various perspectives.

I believe that I am slowly becoming more philosophical in thought. My maths teacher once told me.

"Most mathematicians are philosophers. Simply for the fact that the study of mathematics makes you a more logical person".

Or perhaps more illogical. Whatever it is. It remains to be seen in me as I grow up into full adulthood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home