Monday, December 22

Listening to Don Moen - Sheperd of My Soul

Thanks to Boon, En and Gabriel for all your comments. Feeling rather uninspired today, so I shall go about a disconcerting rambling of nonsense.

Well for starters. That's not a picture of me. It's another friend of mine. I just used the sentence in 3rd person perspective - as if the person in the picture is really saying that. That's all. Kinda confusing I must admit.

My Dad is a salesman. I like to put it that way in its simplicity. He makes sales for his company in general. I don't really cherish the title "Sales Executive". Too many "Executives" spoil the market of whatever "prestige" comes attached with the so-called "job title".

But whatever it is, I'm very proud of my Dad. He is really a model of inspiration of sheer hard work, excellent work ethics, great diligence, extreme determination, never-say-die, gungho, unafraid of failure and just a model of inspiration for a person at the workplace. Dad works 14 long and tough hours a day and doesn't complain. I have to salute him for his great attitude towards work and being the breadwinner.

What I can say is that amongst the most wealthy ACSians that I know in my whole life. A large chunk of them are in the construction business. Brother's dad is in that, for starters, the chairman of the board of governors of ACS is in it as well. I won't elaborate further.

The cat still doesn't like me. It only comes to me when I feed it and then it runs away when i try to pat it. I have had no good experiences with animals in my whole life. Sigh. My first dog died, my first rabbit died in 5 days, my first turtles died, my first fish died and now I have a cat that runs away from me. Nevermind. I guess it'll die soon as well. I've chosen to just call it "The Cat" and everyone in the family agrees to it. Haha.

Anyway. I would join the army ONLY if I was the "muscle-pain-no-brain" kind of person. I'll have to be a bigorexic, have perfect eyesight, have incredible stamina and strength as well as a high level of mental toughness. I can't believe some of the training the commandoes go through. Can die. But yes, an Army Commando Officer as a job title is just a dawndling day-dream for me. I can't even pass my IPPT. What a joke.

And yeah, I certainly don't have the X-factor. My shooting isn't great, my reflexes are not so fast and I'm like so blur half the time. How to be a SOF commando? But it'll be fun if my body can take it. For me right now, its a very distant achievable prospect. For a typical SOF guy - its just normal work. Relatives of dimensions perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home