Thursday, December 18

Listening to Switchfoot - Dare You to Move

Firstly, thanks to Joline, En, Boon, Shu for commenting. I know I don't reply comments like I used to. But yes, I always appreciate a comment here and there. A different perspective, a greater understanding. Knowledge shared is doubled in more ways than one.

Joline: All the books were paid for by my Dad. Signed to his credit card. So thank God. Besides, Borders gave me a 25% discount on practically every book that I bought (Christmas Promotion), so it wasn't THAT expensive.

En: No the cat's not pregnant. Its REALLY REALLY THIN! Just that the thick coat of fur makes it look fat and pregnant at the same time. When it lies on the floor, it practically looks like a live carpet of sorts.

Shu: Cats are lactose intolerant? Oh my goodness....

Quick replies. Quid Pro Quo. QED.

Bookworm

Anyone likes this book?

I realise that I forgot to pick out Scribbles from the same Island by Neil Humprey's as well as A Christmas Story by Charles Dickens. Nevermind, I'm allowed to go back in January to "get more reading material for the year". As usual, all charged to Dad's credit card.

Now to slowly just read through everything. I feel that forcing myself to average one minute per page is not a good reading speed. Perhaps something like 2 or even 3 minutes per page. To let "it soak in" and to allow for greater understanding of the context of the book. I love reading. I just hope that my eyesight does not suffer any further. My eyesight is really bad.

Blockbusters

I was quite sad that I couldn't watch a movie with my mei yesterday. It would have "ended" a "drought" of not having seen a movie for like 10 straight months. How sad is that? I know of AC people who watch a movies 3 times a week. In my first 3 months in JC, I watched practically all the shows in the cinema, except the R(A) ones of course, whenever I skipped school and cut classes.

I haven't even watched X-2, The Two Towers (ONE YEAR ALREADY!), The Matrix: REVOLUTIONS and all the great movies this year. This is really sad. Now I wil get one the Piano Solos of Final Fantasy in a futile bid to "cheer myself up". How ironic.

I think when practically my whole ACJC class skipped school to watch SPIDERMAN on its blockbuster smash hit day, that was really the epitome of the slackerish AC life that I enjoyed. Well, I'm glad that they are not putting in a Hobglobin as the villian in SPIDERMAN-2. Dr. Octopus was always my favourite villain way back in primary school.

Alas. Primary school memories. As usual. Plenty of my classmates collected both Marvel and Magic Cards and I jus dabbled in it a little bit, buying only the cards that I liked. Ghostrider 2099, Dr. Octopus, Captain America, etc and the like. I hope there's going to be a SPIDERMAN-3 with VENOM as well as CARNAGE as the villains. It'll be another blockbuster smash hit in my opinion. But alas, nevermind, I'll most probably only end up watching it on DVD.

JOINING THE SAF

If I was super physically fit, as well as extrememly tough mentally, and with perfect eyesight, I would so love to sign on with the SAF as an ARMY COMMANDO OFFiCER. Ok, so that's very very very far fetched. But today, I met one of those "legends" in the SAF.

I have never seen a person with 4 Airborne tags (Thailand Airborne, Master Parachutist, U.S Airborne and Aussie Airborne) along with a MASTER DiVER tag sewed onto his uniform.

Much less a RANGER Tag. That is scary man. People with Ranger Tags have gone through the toughest training in the SAF.

His arm at the elbow is as big as my knee. And i don't think that I am exagerrating. Just one solid lump of pure muscle.

Ah, but I'm no soldier material.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home