Sunday, December 28

Listening to Nobuo Uematsu - To Zanarkand

I'm sick! I'm sick! A few days before the new year and I've fallen quite so very ill. Perhaps its was the super cold airconditioning on the boat this morning, or then again, eating too much at christmas dinner (which I feel isn't the case). Nevermind, If I can skive and take two days MC over the new year, I'll have SIX DAYS OFF during the new year season.

Granted of course that the base does not actually call my house and check if I'm at home. Lest I get charged AWOL. But then again, a boring soul like me only staya at home and spend Christmas as well as the new year's eve online, rather than frolicking in a beach foam party on Sentosa. Oh yes, I am one super dull and boring soul. Nowonder my brother keeps insisting that I'll "never get a girlfriend". Not like it really mattered to me or that it bugs me. But WHAT IF his words actually held some truth in it?

As in a form of preferential future inference of sorts? I don't know. But really, sometimes things that are unexpected just have to pop up and influence our lives unexpectedly. Unknown unknowns.

I'm going to give up blogging on the self-centered preferential side, prefering to opt for more self-inspired bursts of personal philosophy. However far-fetched and crazy it might sound given that I'm such a dull and boring person. It'll give me an excuse to blog less as well as try to think in a "deeper realm of thought". Whatever that may mean. Granted of course, that I don't go too crazy over the next year. Sometimes I do feel like I'm losing my sanity.

I think I'll just settle for a Canon EOS 300D. Cheaper and its a true digital SLR camera priced for the masses. Then again, the EOS 10D as well as the Nikon D2H is really tempting. Price only being the real separating factor. Other than that, I feel that the ability to capture high motion freeze frame shots with a digital camera is more valuable than capturing 8 megapixels worth of an image that only sucks up copious amounts of space on the flash memory module.

My crew commander told me not to go for any financing scheme offered by the police force. Supposedly, it was advertised to us during my tenure at TRACOM that the Co-Op (as they call it) offers a discounted price for the purchase of any item one desires compelemented by an installment scheme that is tied to one's pay slip. Not bad I thought until my crew commader told me how that with all the interest and admin fees as well s other stuff he has to pay, he ends up paying like a hundred bucks more in total for a 700 dollar plus digital camera. Makes me wonder. I think I'll save the few thousand dollars up myself, get a few hong baos from the parents and then I'm off to play with a digital camera of much desire.

FINALLY signed up for driving lessons to be held at a gahmen building of much repute. I've seen my good friend take her driving privately more than a year ago and up to now has had practically no opportunity to sit for the traffic police road test that will grant her her license. Well I guess that's how they squeeze the market. Charge high rates at a gahmen monolopoly company that gives easier access to the final riding test whilst only offering absolutely mediocre time slots for private learners. Such anti-trust practices like that of Singtel before liberalisation of the phone market is highly unsavoury I feel.

Last night at patrol was an experience. Absolute pitch black darkness. Not a single speck of starlight in the sky. Not even a glimmer of moon light. Thus steering the boat on the sea was like driving through a darkened tunner. The choppy waters only made it worse. Other than that, I more or less fell sick on the boat so for much of the morning, I just steered the boat via remote control from the bridge in a bid to avoid the freezing cold air con. The guys at army roast in the sun. I freeze in the boat like its a winter in Toronto.

Skipped church today as I was not feeling well. Likewise, I missed quite a few opportunities at church to see my cellgroup, serve in ministry, attend service and go for the much anticipated christmas special services. All this for a want of being sick. Normally, I would just go even if I was ill, but I guess with my current state of being, such is just not possible. Too weak, too tired, no appetite, fever, stomachache and more ailments to come so I expect. The timing is just so messed up - of all times, it had to be the end of the year.

If everything goes right, I'l be crashing ACJC Orientation this friday with brother. I certainly hope to get some good pics and stuff. The first day of orientation is probably the only time we can sneak in undetected as the school wil have yet to have issue out the orientation shirts. If they do issue it out when we crash in the afternoon. Then a visit to the student's council room plus some special tactics would be the only other way to blend into the crowd. Almost like a scene from Medal of Honor:

[You have accquired a German Officer's Uniform!]

And then our just might be:

[You have accquired an ACJC Orientation T-Shirt!]

I have this thing for ACJC/ACS shirts. I just can't bear to have a few of them. Everytime there's a sale in school, I'll go and buy more than what others usually get. Only to end up giving them away. I've given away so many AC shirts to my other AC friends that I'm left with only a few left! I hope they sell AC shirts at the Fun-O-Rama or else I'll have to raid the SC's room or something like that in a "commando styled raid" of sorts. Of course, I'm only kidding here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home